Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Gen 2.1 IAM/Touchscreen/CCF MY15 FREELANDER 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Pretty sure when I turned VIM "on" I only changed one parameter. Sort of wish I'd written it down.

The other fields you list are for drive away locking and the over speed warning in the IPC. Both are user settings accessed with the steering wheel so don't need a configuration parameter.

Post #396436 1st Sep 2020 12:23 pm
Anstx

United States 

Oh, I see - that actually makes sense. thanks!

By any chance, do you remember if the one parameter that turned on VIM was called the "video_display_inhibit"? ....if that's the case I will keep fiddling with it a little more... 2015 Range Rover HSE
Aruba
White interior
22” wheels
Blackened top
Driver Assistance Pro
Running boards
4 zone climate
Cooling box
Ventilated seats front and rear
Powered rear seats
Forward collision warning
Adaptive cruise
Intelligent braking
Follow mode
Video in motion

Post #396445 1st Sep 2020 3:29 pm
Anstx

United States 

Finally, Video in motion is enabled Milestone Lesson learned - keep it simple...would not have been possible without this forum members Wink 2015 Range Rover HSE
Aruba
White interior
22” wheels
Blackened top
Driver Assistance Pro
Running boards
4 zone climate
Cooling box
Ventilated seats front and rear
Powered rear seats
Forward collision warning
Adaptive cruise
Intelligent braking
Follow mode
Video in motion

Post #396648 6th Sep 2020 8:35 pm
FL2Vano

Russia 

Good day!
Greate job!
Could you share your ideas?
I don't listen to MP3. DVD or CD only. And to see video for my passangers could be very helpfull for myself - do not desterb me during I'm driving.
Smile
PS I can share what I did - pls see the on picture. I have upgraded each capacitors to bigger on motherboard and added 4 big/small to each AMP directly - it helped to increase good sound quality from maximum level 25-30 up to level 40-45. Power on AMP has become much more stable abd SUB has started to play much better!

Click image to enlarge
 MY13 SD4 HSE Lux
IAM2.1 Level 3
Meridian Premium Surround Sound with Extra Upgrade

Post #397260 21st Sep 2020 10:51 pm
sobrinho

Brazil 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

That's interesting!

What are the downsides?

Post #397277 22nd Sep 2020 1:56 pm
FL2Vano

Russia 

Nothing negative, only positive changings! MY13 SD4 HSE Lux
IAM2.1 Level 3

Post #397279 22nd Sep 2020 2:58 pm
sobrinho

Brazil 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

How does this compare to using a supercapacitor of 1F 12V or more in the +12V/GND right before the AMP?

Post #397280 22nd Sep 2020 2:59 pm
FL2Vano

Russia 

1F is huge but not for 12V - it must be for 16V as minimum if you plan to add externally. It is popular and well known plan for big Amp.

My key idea was do not add externally anything but to add as big as possible capacitor to AMP Chip contacts directly as you can see on my pictures - 4700uF +0,1uF added to each of them. Because FRL2 Amp has DC/DC convertor inside. There are a lot of capacitors for 16V before DC/DC convertor and a lot for 35V after convertor on motherboard and each of them I replaced to bigger Jap capacitors like 680uF->1000uF and 1500uF->2200uF with the same body size.

I will receive small size 10.000uF/35V soon to replace my old additional 4.700 so totally will be ~50.000uF. It will be not 1F but good enough for FL2 Amp already. I'm afraid on that the internal DC/DC convertor cannot support 1F even if I use external cable for connecting it inside. It could be damaged easily.

PS And the next step will be all cable changing (from Amp to speakers) because I have changed all speakers already to Utopia. MY13 SD4 HSE Lux
IAM2.1 Level 3

Post #397317 23rd Sep 2020 11:41 am
Germplus1

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

panozzz wrote:
Stuartc wrote:
As I said previously, the Air Quality Sensor is a part of the air mix actuators link harness. You can buy the link harness as a separate part. I suggest you get the wiring schematic of the HVAC system and it will become all clear. I ended up not changing the whole harness as it was difficult to gain access to the drivers side air mix actuators so I just removed the single Green wire and pin from the new harness and put it into my existing harness and then extended the 3 wires (Green/red/blue) to the air quality sensors location.
New harness with extra LIN wire for Air Quality Sensor.

Add Green LIN wire with pin to existing LIN Harness/plug.

All is working 100%, Infact it's very affective and I've not once manually switched to recycle since installing. It's quite obvious in its functioning. Just as your nose detects any vehicle fumes, it extinguishes. It's only noticeable in the time it takes for the actuator to switch to recycle.
Before installing Air Quality Sensor...

Click image to enlarge

After installation...

Hello, I am also implementing the air quality system, but I cannot find the connector shown in the photo by Stuartc, could you tell me where it is exactly?

Hello, were you able to find the Connection for the air quality sensor? did you finish your project? I am thinking of perusing the same project. what trim is your FL2? I have SE which most of the extra toys are pre-wired. hopefully the air air quality sensor will be pre-wired as well. Regards,
Germplus.

2008SE
Memory seats
Webasto Fuel Burning heater with smart phone remote start
Premium Surround Sound
Xtron Unit with wireless CarPlay
Dual Battery System
DAB

Post #415285 30th Nov 2021 9:47 pm
Germplus1

Stuartc wrote:
As I said previously, the Air Quality Sensor is a part of the air mix actuators link harness. You can buy the link harness as a separate part. I suggest you get the wiring schematic of the HVAC system and it will become all clear. I ended up not changing the whole harness as it was difficult to gain access to the drivers side air mix actuators so I just removed the single Green wire and pin from the new harness and put it into my existing harness and then extended the 3 wires (Green/red/blue) to the air quality sensors location.
New harness with extra LIN wire for Air Quality Sensor.

Add Green LIN wire with pin to existing LIN Harness/plug.

All is working 100%, Infact it's very affective and I've not once manually switched to recycle since installing. It's quite obvious in its functioning. Just as your nose detects any vehicle fumes, it extinguishes. It's only noticeable in the time it takes for the actuator to switch to recycle.
Before installing Air Quality Sensor...

Click image to enlarge

After installation...

Hello Stuartc,
I am in the process of doing this mod, if not too much to ask, can you please share a link or part number for the harness and also specify where exactly should can plugged to the car? sorry for being a pain. Regards,
Germplus.

2008SE
Memory seats
Premium Surround Sound
Dual Battery System
DAB

Post #415286 30th Nov 2021 9:57 pm
co77on

United Kingdom 
Re: DVD/TV/USB on the move

Stuartc wrote:
Click image to enlarge

We now have found out how to enable DVD/TV/USB on the move by a CCF edit, no CAN disruption/block box required!
This was more of an opportunity we stumbled across to learn more about the CCF and how it works. In fact this was a great teaching experience for me and a few others as we all have varying degrees of understanding so it's been a great exercise to advance knowledge.
This also means that we have more knowledge on how to enable other features which we will share soon and has shed some light on a few that are eluding us! Laughing

Hi Stuartc,

Do you remember the CCF edit(s) required for VIM? Can you post or PM me them?

Regards,
J

Post #415653 8th Dec 2021 4:50 pm
Germplus1

Hello Guys,

So I installed air quality sensor and activated with GAP. In order to finish the activation I have to change my aircondlting control unit with a different one which have the Auto air circulation button. I got one on eBay and installed.

I also checked if there is a ccf change to the climate control unit but there is none.

All the lights lights up on the unit but it wouldn't turn the heating/ventilation on. I checked the ECU information with GAP and it recognises the new climate control unit by serial number and states there is update available. So I presume I have to reflash.

I messaged GAP with the ECU reading finding and Patrick said there is no update. which got me confused. below is the image of the HVAC reading. Saw an article with same activation by SDD just can't remember where at the moment.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Update!
So it turned out there was a miscommunication between my email file log to gap.
The update wad processed ( You don’t need an update for air quality to work. It was just my personal preference) and I now have a working air quality system.
Hint: If you install your air quality sensor the CCF to change are “ air quality sensor fitted” and under the pollen filter tap, change to “ air quality system”.

Click image to enlarge
 Regards,
Germplus.

2008SE
Memory seats
Premium Surround Sound
Dual Battery System
DAB

Post #416034 16th Dec 2021 5:39 pm
Trent63

Russia 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Can you tell me what to fix in the configuration to activate the video in motion? Now it turns off at 10 km

Post #427979 20th Dec 2022 1:24 pm
Trent63

Russia 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Figured out the activation of all functions. Since the topikstarter is very greedy, it is ready to share any information without any problems.

Post #430795 12th Mar 2023 5:20 pm
alex_pescaru

Then, by all means, kindly please, share it and post here all that you've found out...
Thank you in advance!

Post #430880 14th Mar 2023 10:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>