Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > iCarsoft LR V1.0 and ATF temperature?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
alex_pescaru

It's possible to be 45 to 55 degrees. Which is the normal temperature for a car that is just started and has done 1-2 miles.

Post #394564 22nd Jul 2020 11:46 pm
Gaza

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Barolo Black

Morning Alex,

Agree, as I’m only getting an average 5 degrees wave reading, I concluded my icarsoft diagnostic tool is malfunctioning ( it’s brand new) or I have a problem with the sensor / circuitry to the sensor.

Do you know where the transmission fluid temperature sensor is located ?

Post #394568 23rd Jul 2020 9:26 am
alex_pescaru

Sensor is in the box.
Not necessarily not working. There is a specific PID and formula for the box temperature, and if the reader is using the generic CAN one or is using the wrong PID and formula, it may not correctly read the temp...
Try to use different reader (IID tool, SDD, etc) for reading the temp and see if it's OK.

Post #394579 23rd Jul 2020 5:17 pm
Gaza

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Barolo Black

Panic over....I fooled the icarsoft reader into thinking it was hooked up to a 2013 Evoque, it then offered a new option...auto gearbox...and then in its sub menu...oil temperature sensor. This option is not present when I select a Freelander vehicle.

I therefore conclude that the 5 degree reading I was getting on Freelander mode referred to the front transfer case oil.

Anyway, on Evoque mode the gearbox oil, from a cold start, was at ambient temperature, 17 degrees and then raced up to 55 degrees within a few miles of driving.

So, solved my initial key need for now.

Post #394583 23rd Jul 2020 6:54 pm
Carel Kriek

South Africa 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I have the LR V2.0 iCarsoft reader and will try same. 2013 SD4 SE (hers)
2013 SD4 HSE (mine)
Ex: 2008 D3 V8 HSE
EX: 2000 D2 TD5

Post #394607 24th Jul 2020 11:17 am
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I should perhaps point out that it’s the iCarsoft LR V 1.0 that I started this thread about but the problem that Gaza has is with V 2.0, a different device altogether.

Post #394610 24th Jul 2020 11:39 am
dave pearce

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Barolo Black
Fluid Temp sensor

jules wrote:
JLR manual says :

Fluid Temperature Sensor
The fluid temperature sensor is integrated into the internal wiring harness within the transmission. It detects the fluid
temperature in the hydraulic pressure control circuit and transmits a signal corresponding to the temperature to the TCM.
The TCM monitors the temperature and provides smooth gear shifts across a wide range of temperatures.

Is it possible that the signal from the temp sensor only goes direct to the TCM and is not available via OBD. I wonder if you have to interrogate the TCM - only guessing as I cant find the ATF temp with my Torque Pro.

But Ive come to the conclusion that the ATF level is not critical - just get the engine to normal working temp.

Does anyone know the thermal expansion of ATF ? And be able to calculate much the ATF volume would vary with the ATF being 10C above or below the required 60c

I have just purchased an Autel maxiap200 diagnostic tool which does indeed give the atf temperature as i was having troubles when towing my caravan after about an hour. thinking it may be getting too hot i tried the Autel live data which said the fluid temp was 6 degrees c! so either the sensor is u/s or the autel is not reading it correctly. Has anyone else had this?

Post #396901 11th Sep 2020 7:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123