Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Decision time approaches
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

J77, I thought that it's only in London these things happen but we have had a spate in Cardiff lately, so please don't think "it will never happen here " Thumbs Up

Sheep If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #385948 6th Feb 2020 10:40 am
Sperly

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Quite.

It happens up in the Midlands with alarming regularity, and is endemic across the country if the surveys and polls are to be believed.

People feel safer in their own cars than on public transport. It's as simple as that.

Post #385949 6th Feb 2020 10:46 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Wot's public transport ? I believe that there is a bus every Wednesday to Dorchester market but if you miss it on the return journey you have to wait a week for the next one Laughing 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #385952 6th Feb 2020 11:08 am
j77

Scotland 

JulesK wrote:
J77, I thought that it's only in London these things happen but we have had a spate in Cardiff lately, so please don't think "it will never happen here " Thumbs Up

Sheep

I’m well aware that it can happen anywhere, I’ve dealt with incidents on board but it’s still rare to be stabbed/assaulted on public transport. More likely to be involved in a road rage incident. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #385974 6th Feb 2020 3:09 pm
Sperly

j77 wrote:
Sperly wrote:
ICE will be here for a long time to come yet......

What the greens fail to realise or take into account is that public transport is not a safe way to travel anymore. Particularly in city's in the evening. I wouldn't dream of getting on a bus or train anymore...you only have to catch someone's eye and them take offence and you end up stabbed!

What a lot of rubbish! I drive buses for a living and have done for many years and have never come across anything you’ve described.

Maybe in London but you can get stabbed just walking along the streets.

You were saying?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8...years.html

Last edited by Sperly on 29th Feb 2020 11:14 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #387256 29th Feb 2020 10:13 am
Largered

The Daily Mail Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Usually found among the comic section of WHSmiths

Post #387257 29th Feb 2020 10:19 am
Sperly

Regardless of which tabloid reported it and your opinion of it in general, I don't think that the statistics released by the police are anything to be laughed at! Perhaps you would prefer it if a different newspaper reported it, like here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/2...ond-three/

Or here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crim...07596.html

Or maybe even here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/crim...05356.html

Coming to a town near you soon!!

And back on topic, this is why people prefer the safety of their own cars over public transport.

Post #387258 29th Feb 2020 10:38 am
dorsetfreelander

Apparently Luxembourg has announced that it will be making all public transport free. I know it’s a much smaller country etc and as a rural dweller it would be difficult to live without a car but it did get me thinking about how it could change things. For a start would I park the car at the local station and go into town by train etc. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #387266 29th Feb 2020 11:31 am
mudslinger

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

I had a desision to make always had good service from local Landrover agent (Inchecape) after 4 years ownership this vechile was bought from them sub 15,000 miles, now approacing 60k and any work includeing all servecing being done by them .

I enquired about purchaseing a further extended warrenty was told 1 year or 2 year available,

Just as I was about to purchase 2 year warrenty was told of course this is subjuct to an inspection fee of some £500 on top of the warrenty, they had just done the yearly full service 4 days before .???

Most disapointed in their now leval of service, ( seems they either want to sell you only new vechiles) which I have had 3 from them before ...... nothing they have at the moment suits my needs.

Maybe they have me in the frame to help pay for their new combined J L R £9 million pound showroom .!!

No lotto win this week ...!!(if I win next week might be off to V W or Skoda ...... or Kia with 7 year warrenty !) Wales
Were the mud is thicker, and the ruts are deeper.
(And we have the water to wash it off, and more on the way..! )
Sd4 and chrome Ar*e piece, Auto box for best fun
09 Xs Gone
12 xs Gone
HSE with Leather seats and 4 years warrenty.. staying for now !

Post #387869 9th Mar 2020 9:40 am
Largered

"...... inspection fee of some £500 ....."

I can understand that, this is why ...

Since your last service, be it only days before, they don't know the vehicle hasn't been stripped down and swapped out parts replaced, since that time.

It would be quite correct for an 'insurance' warranty to check what they are warrenting.

Post #387870 9th Mar 2020 9:56 am
Sperly

mudslinger wrote:
I had a desision to make always had good service from local Landrover agent (Inchecape) after 4 years ownership this vechile was bought from them sub 15,000 miles, now approacing 60k and any work includeing all servecing being done by them .

I enquired about purchaseing a further extended warrenty was told 1 year or 2 year available,

Just as I was about to purchase 2 year warrenty was told of course this is subjuct to an inspection fee of some £500 on top of the warrenty, they had just done the yearly full service 4 days before .???

Most disapointed in their now leval of service, ( seems they either want to sell you only new vechiles) which I have had 3 from them before ...... nothing they have at the moment suits my needs.

Maybe they have me in the frame to help pay for their new combined J L R £9 million pound showroom .!!

No lotto win this week ...!!(if I win next week might be off to V W or Skoda ...... or Kia with 7 year warrenty !)

Have to agree. When I first got into buying Land Rovers, the dealerships were small-ish family run affairs, and that was reflected in the level of service offered.
Now they are all Corporate behemoths, targeted and measured throughout the business by KPI's, penalised if they are not hit, so other than a cup of coffee, you are lucky to get the drippings off the end of their noses.

My latest car wasn't purchased from a retailer. I bought it online, saved a significant amount and had it delivered to my door. The previous Freelander, I drove from Bucks to Cumbria to collect, and bought it from a family owned dealer, where I was treated like a valued customer.

No longer will I fund kids in shiny suits wearing Rolex' who seem to be welded to Facebook with my hard-earned. Today's Dealers are not worth a toss. Vote with your feet!

Post #387871 9th Mar 2020 10:00 am
dorsetfreelander

I have just taken out another year of LR extended warranty on my 14 reg SD4 with 54k mileage so fairly similar to your situation. It won't get serviced until next week but the paperwork came through a couple of weeks ago and I renewed online. No dealers were involved. (Was your warranty with LR or Inchcape?) It does however say
Your cover will expire on the 27th March and you cannot extend your warranty beyond this date, but you can continue to give your Freelander the cover it deserves by purchasing a Land Rover Extended or Select warranty.
which sounds like you can only carry on with an existing warranty and not start a new one. No mention of inspections 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto

Post #387874 9th Mar 2020 10:11 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Extended warranty can only be purchased whilst your vehicle is covered under its original warranty.

Quote from terms and conditions - LR official Extended Warranty.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/warr...ranty.html

As I understand it, as long as you meet the vehicle age and mileage conditions, you can purchase a follow on extended warranty, but require an inspection if the vehicle's LR normal or extended warranty has been allowed to elapse.

I hope that mudslinger's warranty was a non LR, but if it is part of the revisions that LR made to their policy recently, then I will be having a rethink about continuing my LR extended warranty. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #387878 9th Mar 2020 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123