Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > New Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 50 of 53 <123 ... 4950 515253>
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie



Member Since: 17 Mar 2019
Location: Looe
Posts: 1555

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bloody wimp.....never had a harness when on the roof of my Ford Exploder.......I think I’d rather fall of than get dragged along looking at that rig! Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #384488 14th Jan 2020 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jules



Member Since: 13 Dec 2007
Location: The Wilds of Warwickshire
Posts: 1827

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

That'll be " 'elf n safety" mate. No insurance cover without a harness. Jules

Post #384491 14th Jan 2020 3:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
dondiddy



Member Since: 16 Apr 2017
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 609

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Ford Exploder! You put your foot down to overtake and it went like a bomb! Rolling with laughter

Post #384492 14th Jan 2020 3:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Boxbrownie



Member Since: 17 Mar 2019
Location: Looe
Posts: 1555

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bloomin'did matey......we imported an Eddie Bauer edition from our colleagues in Dearborn.....the SVO engined variant.....

So yes, it did go like a bomb, which is why we always called it the Exploder Laughing Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #384499 14th Jan 2020 5:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
LR NUT



Member Since: 12 May 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4323

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Spotted in Belgium

Click image to enlarge
 MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

Extended Grand Black Lacquer Interior

Genuine Land Rover rechargeable torch

Founder of the colour coded D pillars & door mouldings!

Post #384913 20th Jan 2020 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
j77



Member Since: 26 Nov 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 2869

Scotland 






























 18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240, Fuji White

Post #384932 20th Jan 2020 9:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jules



Member Since: 13 Dec 2007
Location: The Wilds of Warwickshire
Posts: 1827

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

The front end looks like a bit of a dog's dinner to me - pre-fall of Berlin wall eastern European styling I think. But thats where its being made of course. Smile

 Jules


Last edited by jules on 21st Jan 2020 12:28 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #384937 21st Jan 2020 12:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jules



Member Since: 13 Dec 2007
Location: The Wilds of Warwickshire
Posts: 1827

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Read this in an American off-road mag...

"90% of Landrovers are still on the road. The remaining 10% made it home" Laughing

it followed on from an article claiming that the current Discovery is 4x4 king of towing but someone commented that a Ford F450 4x4 pickup can tow over 11 tonnes.

It was written before the new Defender was out but I still think the F450 will beat it towing

Click image to enlarge
 Jules

Post #384938 21st Jan 2020 12:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Largered



Member Since: 10 Jul 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1978




Looks like Nina Conti designed the front bumper.


Click image to enlarge



.

Last edited by Largered on 21st Jan 2020 12:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #384941 21st Jan 2020 12:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Sperly



Member Since: 26 Dec 2019
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 195

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

jules wrote:
Read this in an American off-road mag...

"90% of Landrovers are still on the road. The remaining 10% made it home" Laughing

it followed on from an article claiming that the current Discovery is 4x4 king of towing but someone commented that a Ford F450 4x4 pickup can tow over 11 tonnes.

It was written before the new Defender was out but I still think the F450 will beat it towing


As I recall, the Fugly Disco is capable of towing 110 Tonnes! Wonder if the Defender can get anywhere near that.....

Post #384953 21st Jan 2020 10:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
j77



Member Since: 26 Nov 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 2869

Scotland 

The new Defender will do that no problem. It’s a beefed up version of the FFRR/RRS/D5 architecture. 18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240, Fuji White

Post #384956 21st Jan 2020 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
GundogSD4



Member Since: 04 Dec 2019
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 198

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I think for me the coin is in the air over the looks of the new Defender but i'll wait until i've seen it in the flesh.
As for the that massive Yanky thing, i wouldn't care if it could tow the moon cause its fookin orrible Shocked 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #384957 21st Jan 2020 11:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Largered



Member Since: 10 Jul 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1978

" ...... cause its fookin orrible "


You've seen one of those in the flesh then Confused


Will the New Defender become a classic ??

I can't help feeling it is going to have to go through several face lifts ...... in a short time.

Wink

Post #384962 21st Jan 2020 12:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
GundogSD4



Member Since: 04 Dec 2019
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 198

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Would you want an F450 parked on your drive ? 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #384963 21st Jan 2020 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
j77



Member Since: 26 Nov 2008
Location: Fife
Posts: 2869

Scotland 

The new Defender is I nice looking car in the flesh. 18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240, Fuji White

Post #384964 21st Jan 2020 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 50 of 53 <123 ... 4950 515253>
All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2006-2020 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis


Switch to Mobile site