« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Blind Spot Monitoring Retrofit “COMPLETED”
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Brit plumber

United Kingdom 

dansonamission wrote:
Have you enabled reverse traffic detection or just blind spot monitoring? Either way there should be a menu section to enable/disable the feature.

My evoque has all the wiring in the bumpers with the mounting brackets. Led wiring all the way to the mirrors connector.

New mirrors or glass is easy. Sourcing the right 8 pin modules is another story Laughing

I’m pretty sure the Evoque modules and brackets are the same as Disco 4 but the calibration will be different. There’s also different versions so there’s an earlier one with just BSM another with BSM and reverse traffic and a late version that both those plus something I can’t remember. The set I have for my car are just the BSM as I don’t think the car will work with anything better.

Post #377408 26th Aug 2019 4:02 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Floor harness, left, right door and mirror, SODL, SODR harnesses complete and a final check before fitting to confirm all circuit pathways are correct.
There’s also a circuit for the “Electrochromic Mirror Dimming” system which is driven from the interior rear view mirror which I’ve also allowed for. I’ll make the final connection once all wiring is in place.

Today fitted passenger wiring and again tested wiring pathways from the RJB.

The plan from here is to do the drivers side mirror and wiring fit and then floor harness through to RJB.
In the meantime I managed to get a SODR at a very reasonable price and by the time it gets here I should have completed all the wiring.
The BCM is confirming that “Side Object Detection” is active but I don’t have the option up in the FCIMB which I’m hoping will appear once both the SODR & SODL are on the CAN.
But I’ve also have a “Plan B” in the form of an after market system in case I can’t initially get the JLR system up and running. If so then I’ll fit the aftermarket system until I get around to updating the software files in the FCIMB.
My wiring harness therefore I’ve made as a hybrid enabling me to run any system in the wiring harness. Whilst this has created more work it allows me complete flexibility.

The 3 plugs allow me to run pretty much any system that I’ve researched but primarily the JLR system but as a backup this system which I sourced from the USA which I determined is the closest to the OE system and it also has “Rear Cross Traffic” detection.

There’s many aftermarket systems available but this one uses quality fittings and also has its own CAN and also connects to the vehicles CAN which is necessary to reduce false alarms/detections. Another plus of this system is it has an audible warning for “Lane Change Warning” which the JLR system doesn't.

I’ll update once I’ve got a little further ahead. MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #383430 30th Dec 2019 1:42 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

With all this electronics messing you do, I'd have expected you to have a decent multimeter by now Stu 😆

Post #383443 30th Dec 2019 4:23 pm
rhys_m

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

interesting stuff as always, I'm looking to figure out the can ids for the BSM on the jag and integrate an audible warning if indicating whilst going over 40mph and its detected something. My passenger side mirror no longer dims, and I can't for the life of me find an auto dimming mirror with blindspot indicator, might have to be a trip to the stealership Crying or Very sad

Post #383445 30th Dec 2019 4:49 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Vanny wrote:
With all this electronics messing you do, I'd have expected you to have a decent multimeter by now Stu 😆
Laughing

For current testing I prefer my auto ranging clamp meter rather than wetting one, two, three, four or five fingers! Rolling with laughter Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #383461 30th Dec 2019 7:46 pm
Stuartc

Vanny wrote:

Laughing Laughing True! But it just keeps on going and seems to resist any attempts to kill it and buy a new one. Soldering iron was not so resilient so had to upgrade lol MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #383481 31st Dec 2019 12:37 am
Stuartc

rhys_m wrote:
interesting stuff as always, I'm looking to figure out the can ids for the BSM on the jag and integrate an audible warning if indicating whilst going over 40mph and its detected something. My passenger side mirror no longer dims, and I can't for the life of me find an auto dimming mirror with blindspot indicator, might have to be a trip to the stealership Crying or Very sad

Yes! “The all singing and dancing” mirrors are super expensive and I was real lucky to find these faultless ones off a Range Rover L322 which are the same wing mirror as L359. MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #383483 31st Dec 2019 12:42 am
Stuartc

Lightwater wrote:
Vanny wrote:
Laughing

For current testing I prefer my auto ranging clamp meter rather than wetting one, two, three, four or five fingers! Rolling with laughter

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #383485 31st Dec 2019 1:27 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I have couple of old D_ick Smith multimeters & they refuse to die! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #383491 31st Dec 2019 8:28 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Lightwater wrote:
Vanny wrote:
Laughing

For current testing I prefer my auto ranging clamp meter rather than wetting one, two, three, four or five fingers! Rolling with laughter

Don’t joke.....my late (no connection with this story though Very Happy ) Father in Law worked for the GPO/BT since a boy back in the 50’s on the phones, he ended up chief electrical engineer in the eastern region and when working on any electrics at home he still tested the cables by wetting his fingers and touching the wires Shocked the number of times I saw him say “yep that’s live” in a slightly higher and faster voice than usual I have lost count of.

They certainly don’t make’em like that anymore, he was a diamond bloke. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #383504 31st Dec 2019 12:01 pm
doiphocapon

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey
Hi Stuart,

Just wondering if you can share the link or name to buy this after market system

Stuartc wrote:
Floor harness, left, right door and mirror, SODL, SODR harnesses complete and a final check before fitting to confirm all circuit pathways are correct.
There’s also a circuit for the “Electrochromic Mirror Dimming” system which is driven from the interior rear view mirror which I’ve also allowed for. I’ll make the final connection once all wiring is in place.

Today fitted passenger wiring and again tested wiring pathways from the RJB.

The plan from here is to do the drivers side mirror and wiring fit and then floor harness through to RJB.
In the meantime I managed to get a SODR at a very reasonable price and by the time it gets here I should have completed all the wiring.
The BCM is confirming that “Side Object Detection” is active but I don’t have the option up in the FCIMB which I’m hoping will appear once both the SODR & SODL are on the CAN.
But I’ve also have a “Plan B” in the form of an after market system in case I can’t initially get the JLR system up and running. If so then I’ll fit the aftermarket system until I get around to updating the software files in the FCIMB.
My wiring harness therefore I’ve made as a hybrid enabling me to run any system in the wiring harness. Whilst this has created more work it allows me complete flexibility.

The 3 plugs allow me to run pretty much any system that I’ve researched but primarily the JLR system but as a backup this system which I sourced from the USA which I determined is the closest to the OE system and it also has “Rear Cross Traffic” detection.

There’s many aftermarket systems available but this one uses quality fittings and also has its own CAN and also connects to the vehicles CAN which is necessary to reduce false alarms/detections. Another plus of this system is it has an audible warning for “Lane Change Warning” which the JLR system doesn't.

I’ll update once I’ve got a little further ahead.

Post #391624 26th May 2020 1:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123