Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What did you do in your FL2 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 84 of 131 <123 ... 838485 ... 129130131>
Print this entire topic · 
Paul4751

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Am ashamed to say that Freely was not used today. Went to the golf club in the "spare" Renault Modus. All short trips in the petrol Modus; longer trips in the diesel Freely.

Post #382002 29th Nov 2019 10:56 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Put the winter tyres on. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #382087 2nd Dec 2019 3:04 pm
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Another milestone reached

Click image to enlarge

And, passed MOT couple of weeks ago with no advisories.

We've now done half recorded mileage since we bought in 2014.

Still puts a smile on my face when I get in Very Happy Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #382109 2nd Dec 2019 9:23 pm
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Cut the return line to the Power Steering Reservoir and put in an inline filter. The non servicable mesh in the reservoir annoys me, and after replacing the fluid the other day, I want this system to last as long as it can. A $20 filter every couple of years just makes sense to me.

Post #382286 5th Dec 2019 8:53 pm
Carel Kriek

South Africa 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Got my FREEL2.COM stickers today here in the Southern Hemisphere! Thumbs Up

2013 SD4 SE (hers)
2013 SD4 HSE (mine)
Ex: 2008 D3 V8 HSE
EX: 2000 D2 TD5

Post #382300 6th Dec 2019 6:46 am
CT1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

I set the easy entry function to off as it infuriates the wife everytime shes gets in it. lol

Yes shes a very angry gal Rolling Eyes

Last edited by CT1 on 16th Dec 2019 6:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #382333 6th Dec 2019 6:46 pm
Piet

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tonga Green

Fixed the rear wiper motor a few days back, figured I'd take it off and replace it by a new one after measuring the electric outputs from the car. For a laugh I took it apart before ordering a new one, found one of the carbon brushes not touching the rotor properly. I'm guessing the lack of movement and some water coming in seized up the mechanism over time. So had to break it unstuck, wiggeled it about for 10 minutes and put everything together with some grease. Surprisingly worked after that!

Then I had some corrosion starting to form on the tailgate underneath the handle and I thought it would be best to address it before driving another year with salt accumulating as it does around the back. Unfortunately most of the 6 nuts holding on the handle decided to turn their bolts along in the plastic. I decided to break off the handle, which came off easily in one piece, with some of the plastic inner attachments staying behind. Sanded up the corroded bits and put them in primer before the rain. Now to put the handle back once it's done, was hoping to not have to buy a new one. I was thinking putting the plastic attachments and bolts back with some epoxy. Any better ideas are more than welcome. Very Happy

Post #382374 7th Dec 2019 2:01 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Way more exciting here . . . . drove home from work after a night shift Very Happy going back for another in a few hours Crying or Very sad

Post #382375 7th Dec 2019 3:08 pm
SeeFive

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

No lay-in for me today. Went to a diy store. Wife bought loads of Christmas stuff to add to the loft full we have already.

Loaded up 3 Christmas trees, drove home, emptied the loft to start decorating the house (and the boat at the bottom of the garden), which I am still doing!

Later I will take a shower and dry my hair on the breeze from the wheel on the electricity meter. Smile

(Love Christmas really)

Post #382380 7th Dec 2019 6:04 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Well to be fair it was two days ago........03:30 Saturday we were awoken by the door bell, WTF at this time of the morning, so stumbled downstairs in my PJ shorts (very stylish of course) to be greeted by two young persons one of each gender at the door, with a panicked look on their faces and the (at a guess) 19/20 year old lady with tears in her eyes........”can you help please, we have our car stuck on the beach and you have a Landrover, can you tow us out please the sea is almost at the wheels” ...... Censored what, you dopey pair of idiots. I explained I have no tow rope anymore (I gave most of my car repair stuff away when we moved and I became less able) and no tow bar, I asked about calling police/coastguard/fire etc etc but none were interested as no life in danger (I did consider telling them to lock themselves in the car and I’d ring the authorities Rolling with laughter , but thought better of it) any hoo they wandered off and we went back to bed, admittedly feeling bad for them and annoyed I couldn’t help really.
So......30 minutes later we were having a cup of tea before trying to get to sleep when the doorbell rang again, guess who it was? Yep, your ahead of me eh?
There they stood again but this time with a length of rope, well they called it rope, I called it a manky bit of heavy duty string!

So what did I do.....ahead of me again eh? Laughing

I told them there was NO WAY I was venturing into the sand so how close were they to the ramp, “only just off it” they said, so got dressed (well it was Censored cold) and off we went down to the beach and indeed the Polo,was just off the ramp and the front wheels were well,dug in, the floor pan was on the sand completely......I told them there was no way the rope they had would pull their car out as 35 years of testing (and breaking) prototypes made me familiar with towing and snapping lines Rolling with laughter anyhoo the young lad toed the rope onto the Polo towing eye and same for my rear towing eye, slowly, slowly the rope was tensioned and a very slow power input and........are you ahead of me again? TWANG......great now we had two tow ropes.......tried again, got them bouncing the front of the Polo but with the same result, now we had three tow ropes.....at this point I think they realised I knew what I was talking about and they gave up, I told them the sea will,only come up to the top,of the front wheels, which they thought was good, but of course I knew the sea was very rough that night with a good on shore wind which was who-ping up quite a swell, I warned them to empty the car and with luck it might still,be there in the morning, we took them home (only 70 yards up the coastal road) and let the, stay in the annexe house, poor girl was freezing, seems she came out in her pyjamas, I had no idea just looked like the kind of stuff kids wear (well almost wear!) these days for evening out.
Guess what, next morning it was still there, had been moved slightly but very luckily it was still in one piece, although a bit soggy.
Mrs BB drove them up to the local garage at 09:00 and left them to sort it out.

And there dear reader the story ends, the car has now gone but we never got any news about whether it was driveable, salvageable or fooked, so much for our trouble, not even a thank you.........should have charged them for overnight accomadation.

Bloody kids! Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #382810 16th Dec 2019 5:31 pm
CT1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

We had a few drops of water on the boot floor and behind the high level brake light trim so removed it and cleaned the sealing area. It was pretty clean already so I smeared a little bit of silcone sealant on it and put it back, hopefully that will stop it.

Post #382817 16th Dec 2019 6:12 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Same as CT1 for me. A few drops of water on the rear blind. I ordered a new seal from eBay for about a fiver.

I figured if I was going to the bother of stripping it out I may as well replace it.

Not a job I am looking forward to in this weather.

Post #382822 16th Dec 2019 7:23 pm
Paul4751

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

I wish there was a "like" button BB, because that was a great story!

Post #382826 16th Dec 2019 9:14 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Replaced the tailgate handle, usual problem of opening it's self, tried cleaning and lubricating which worked for awhile. This one has is plastic inside so no corrosion, easy to fit, only thing is both wirers are black, just checked which way they came out of the old one and job sorted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Free...2749.l2649 Common sense isn't very common.

Post #382862 17th Dec 2019 6:00 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Paul4751 wrote:
I wish there was a "like" button BB, because that was a great story!

Didn’t feel like it the next day.....we were knackered! Laughing

But thank you..... Thumbs Up Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #382893 18th Dec 2019 1:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 84 of 131 <123 ... 838485 ... 129130131>