Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Compatible mobiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

try this site http://www.davinciteam.com/ they have a good forum too, with some helpful posts.

Good luck

Post #3371 24th May 2007 8:39 pm
Freddy

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Cheers BG

I’ve come across, the “DaVinciteam” site while googling today, but haven’t had the chance to dig too deeply yet.

But now that you’ve recommended it, I must go exploring.

Thanks for your help Thumbs Up

Ps. Did you say that firmware updates are available off the SE web site also ?? “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3373 24th May 2007 9:04 pm
boiledgnat

yes, I've used the SE update service for my w850i. the link for the K750i is here: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&...p;esi=true. The instructions are fairly clear, you just need to make sure you install the USB drivers or your PC won't see the phone properly.

If you go down the route on the davinciteam site, don't buy an update credit before you check your phone's CID version and make sure that you can upgrade that version. I'm on the edge of my knowledge here, but it seems that CID is some sort of core operating system, and K750i are either CID36 or CID49. Apparantly, CID36's can be upgraded to make the K750i work like a W800i (which is fully supported according to the LR list). I have to say, I gave up with my 750i in the end and got a W850i off Ebay. This works a treat and is an excellent handset.

Hope all this helps - remember to make sure your phone is fully charged before trying to upgrade.

Post #3374 24th May 2007 9:25 pm
Freddy

I think I'll check out the official SE route first to see what happens.

boiledgnat wrote:
..................If you go down the route on the davinciteam site, don't buy an update credit before you check your phone's CID version and make sure that you can upgrade that version. I'm on the edge of my knowledge here, but it seems that CID is some sort of core operating system, and K750i are either CID36 or CID49..........

Yes I'm seeing this CID issue popping up alright !

boiledgnat wrote:
Apparantly, CID36's can be upgraded to make the K750i work like a W800i (which is fully supported according to the LR list). I have to say, I gave up with my 750i in the end and got a W850i off Ebay. This works a treat and is an excellent handset.

The K750i is now appearing on the LR approved list along with it's cousin the K800i, but both seem to require to be using a particular software version, which of course mine doesn't have. Hence my search for downloads. I'm sure though I'll just give up & change the phone in the end :rolleyes

Thanks once again for your help, much appreciated Thumbs Up “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3376 24th May 2007 10:53 pm
Bruce

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I had a Samsung UCH-520, and the POS would never connect. I did get a box that would ask me for the pin of the car, but the car never detected the phone.

My service provider so graciously allowed me to trade in my Samsung for the Motorolla RIZR since I've done such good business with them over the years. It works fantastically. Every feature works. I'm glad I switched back to Motorolla, though. Every phone I've had till the Samsung was Motorolla, and I really missed Motorolla software, even though the Samsung was pretty cool. To make a long story short, I should have got the RIZR in the first place.

Great phone, works absolutely perfectly. It's worth it to trade your phone in, or purchase a new one, for one that connects to the car's bluetooth. It's awesome -- you don't even need to take the phone out of your pocket! Just start the engine, and bam, you're connected!

Post #3386 25th May 2007 10:04 am
Freddy

Welcome to "Freel2" Bruce Thumbs Up

Bruce wrote:
........................ It's worth it to trade your phone in, or purchase a new one, for one that connects to the car's bluetooth. It's awesome -- you don't even need to take the phone out of your pocket! Just start the engine, and bam, you're connected!

That's probably the way I'll end up going.

But I just have to "try" to update the Sony first.

Then when I mess it up completely I'll go buy a new one. Which will probably be first thing Monday morning Rolling Eyes “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3391 25th May 2007 11:16 am
Freddy

Update

I successfully upgraded the firmware in my K750i today to the version listed as being compatible with the PTI system via the web site suggested by boiledgnat above & I now have a fully compatible Sony K750i

No need to go buy another phone, it is actually possible to get the K750i to work with the Freelander’s PTI Very Happy “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3414 27th May 2007 12:02 am
boiledgnat

Glad to hear it all worked out. I am slightly puzzled though, as to why the first list from LR stated the K750i wouldn't work, and yet the second list says it will Confused

The LR system can't have changed, nor is it likely that SE would have brought out new firmware for the K750i as it's now a fairly old phone Confused

Perhaps the LR list writers have got better at testing Wink

Post #3423 27th May 2007 7:58 pm
Freddy

On Version 2 of the LR approved phone list, it has both the K750i & K800i as now being fully compatible.

The K750i is shown as needing to be running on firmware Vsn R1DB001 & the K800i running on R1JE001.

When I checked my K750i it wasn’t on the correct firmware so I downloaded the correct version, flashed the phone & “Hey Presto” my phone now works with the Freelander’s PTI when previously it didn't !

Now I don’t know how new these firmware versions are or when SE released them, but my phone which I got about two months ago on a phone upgrade, didn’t have that version firmware.

But it does now Thumbs Up “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3429 28th May 2007 10:37 am
Aliman

Lebanon 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

So lets just say Ive decided to Drop my Nokia N80 and want to a get a phone thats on the approved phone list and that works wonders, whats the Best phone out there that is fully compatible and is still a good business phone (thinking of the Nokia Communicator but that is a defenit NO go since it doesnt work with This bluetooth system!)

Post #3531 2nd Jun 2007 8:33 am
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Sony ericsson K-750i

I have a Sony Ericsson K-750i and paired it to the FRL 2 telephone system, but I could not use it and a message kept coming up on the phone that the connection was lost.
I searched the landrover web site and found that there was an update for the K-750i on the Sony Ericsson web site, I have just updated the phone and reconnected phone to the cars system and everything works fine.

The update No is R1DB001
I hope that this will be of some help.

Post #3539 3rd Jun 2007 1:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Freddy

Did you find the R1DB001 update on the SE site ??

I searched & searched Sony's site but to no avail. In the end I got it from "DaVinci Team" but was a bit miffed I couldn't find it on SE's own site.

The upside to "DVT's" firmware though, is that it got rid of all the O2 junk on my phone & put it back to OEM setup Thumbs Up “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #3558 4th Jun 2007 12:23 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

For what it's worth, the FL2 bluetooth phone system seems to be referrred to within LR as "The BPM System", and the bloke who compiles the list published on the LR site is quite possibly called Juan...

Post #3589 4th Jun 2007 10:08 pm
radioattivos

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red
N70

Hi, i'm waitin my new free2 with PTI. Has anyone tried the system with nokia N70. The official list does not specify its compatibility...
TNX!

Post #4031 25th Jun 2007 10:35 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

For anyone with a Windows Mobile-based Smartphone: having had some luck getting the thing to work with my FL2 under Windows Mobile 5 (see earlier post), I was hoping that WM6 might be the answer to everything... unfortunately, having flashed my ROM with WM6, phone and FL2 aren't on talking terms at all now. Bah. Rolling Eyes

Post #4048 25th Jun 2007 7:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>