Print this entire topic · 
r055

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Rolling Eyes good luck mate Thumbs Up 07 Fl2 GS
88 Galv chassis Landy 110 double cab

Post #27960 22nd Sep 2008 9:38 pm
tatters

MikeW wrote:

I must say I'm annoyed as I made it clear that I wanted the trailer turn signals to work, and the sensors to cancel automatically at the outset and it was not made clear to me that this can only be the case with a Land Rover towbar. If I had known that (or indeed if it's true!) then I would have gone for the LR kit instead as the dealer offered both options and didn't explain the pitfalls on the Witter towbar!!

If I've understood correctly that you made your requirements clearly to the dealer & they arranged something that didn't meet your requirements then I'd be inclined to have a shot at telling them them need to sort it. Unfortunately I can't quote off hand the legal acts but it might be sle of goods act or something of that ilk. Citizens Advice Bureau or, if you have access to it, Which Legal service would give you the correct wording!

Good luck!

Post #29332 17th Oct 2008 8:46 am
MikeW

United Kingdom 

I'm grateful for the ideas and suggestions made by everyone. I've been advised by Trading Standards that I have a case under the Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982 so I am now following their advice. They will become involved if the dealer does not rectify the problem by th emiddle of next week.

I called LR Customer Service who told me that they cannot help as a non-LR towbar was fitted. However, they were very helpful and did try to sort it out. The lady at LR told me that the Sales Manager at Taggarts was very abrupt when she called - I have also spoke to him and it was not a pleasant call Censored

So, I'll be updating my earlier good feedback on Taggarts Glasgow and I hope other members do not fall into the same trap as I have done!

Post #29360 17th Oct 2008 4:50 pm
Fellwanderer

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Hi,
I totally agree, if the dealer contracted the work out and is doesn't work right then they are responsible. I have just had a Witter fixed towbar fitted to my SE TD4 Auto which I have just bought from Stratstone, I organised it with a local tow bar centre, but Stratstone took the car there and footed the bill. I did however stress to them at the time that I wanted a dedicated electrics pack.

Post #30987 14th Nov 2008 12:13 am
BFGLR2Man

Germany 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White

I see from an earlier reply someone talking about the westphalia detachable towbar. As mine was an early car I had to have the LR (Thule) one as now other detachable ones were available at the time. However, I order from www.kupplung.de a wiring kit (€145).

This came pre-wire with 13 pin (easy to convert to twin 7 if you want but I didn't) and simply required connecting to three plugs in the car and the adidtion of a couple of fuses. Although it said you need to take it to the dealer to recode the car to say it now has a towbar, on coupling the caravan it worked perfectly (no PDC beeping and a repeater light in the dash).

I did, however, modify the location of the 13 pin socket so it is fully hidden under the bumper as the LR solution still has all the electrical sockets visable (kind of defeats the point of a hidden removable towbar). Freelander 2.2e HSE , Privacy, Fully debadged, 19" Chrome SHadow alloys

Post #31184 17th Nov 2008 10:25 am
tonyjones1968

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

Sounds like the tow bar man has fitted a 7way bypass relay to your car!!!(BEEPS).the dealer will recomend that you have O.E electrics fitted so the light on the dash works and that the park sensors know that the electrics socket is fitted so it knocks them out when its in,you gan get both types now 2x7 pin and 1x 13 pin,much better than dodgey scotch locked wires!!!!!!! he was cheaper for a reason!!

all the best Tony

Post #31210 17th Nov 2008 6:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123