« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover 3 Years Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Gadge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

RogB

The Land Rover offer is definitely NOT intended as a budget solution.

Seriously, don't just winge about it here mate, take some action.

You should have received everything detailed in that 3+ list and if you did not then take it up first with the dealer and if no joy there then speak with Land Rover customer services.

I am sure they will make any dealer cutting corners see sense.

And next time take it to a different main dealer that is happy to get your business

Gadge Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand
Discovery 2 2002 ES Auto Zambezi Silver - Gone but not forgotten.

Post #300418 9th Jun 2016 7:57 pm
Eurolandy

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

One interesting thing to note with my service and 1st MOT is that the dealer carries out a ‘Visual Health Check’ and report. Stay with me on this one……
My first MOT was carried out in April before the three year anniversary. As they wouldn’t carry out the service at the same time (has to be 3+ years old, fair enough), I booked it in a few weeks later for the 3+ service (this worked out to be 800 miles approx. after the MOT).

At the MOT 25/04/2016 the report read:
Brake Pads - Front 15% Worn, Rear 15% worn
Tyres – Front 5mm, Rear 7mm

At the Service 27/05/2016 (800 miles on from the MOT) the report read:
Brake Pads - Front 40% Worn, Rear 40% worn
Tyres – Front 5.5 / 6mm, Rear 8mm

My Conclusion:
1. I must have driven with my foot on the brakes for the last 800 miles!!!!!! (I replaced the rear pads in January this year and have covered 3,500 Miles) or the dealer needs new batteries in his / her torch.
2. I have extremely good tyres for wear!!!!!!puts rubber back on! Or dealer needs a better tyre depth gauge.

Apologies for the slight sarcasm but it’s a joke!

A final note. I noticed the part number for the oil filter has changed on the latest service.
Old one was: LR001247
New one is: LR030778
I’ve no idea what the difference is.

All the best,

Chris Gone:
2002 FL1 TD4 GS Zambezi Silver
2007 FL2 TD4 GS Izmir Blue

Post #300423 9th Jun 2016 8:35 pm
Hoover

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Galway Green

MY experience with Land Rover Main Dealers over the years in various parts of the country has always been deplorable, I always use recommended indys and have had a much better experience and in all honestly its made no diference whatsoever to the resale value, as long as its serviced regularly, once its got to a certain age, buyers arent really interested in main dealer service anyway. North Wales Land Rover Club

1984 90 undergoing full restoration.

Post #300427 9th Jun 2016 9:08 pm
Quentyn

RogB wrote:
Ive just had the 6 year B service done (well 2 months ago) on this scheme

The dealer tried to play dumb and quoted me £525 for the service even though I specified the 3+ scheme. When I pointed out it was on their website he acted shocked, tapped the keyboard and ''found'' the relevant booking page.

However im not convinced they carried out as good a service as they would have done were I paying full price. (no fault codes read or checked, no lubrication on door hinges, not washed very well, tyre pressures not checked or adjusted, no mention of brake fluid change or pipes change........ )

I wont be going back to LR for the 3+ service again that's for sure.............

i am on a full service package fro a w london LR garage I have asked and they claim ( have the mail) that there a lot missing from the 3+ service from LR ( brake fluid was one thing, pick up and delivery was another and some other checks) ie

"The Freeland 3 year + servicing from Land Rover doesn’t include the brake fluid replacements which cost an additional £124.80 on top of the service this is a recommendation to be done every 3 years. "

i really tried to work out what was the best deal and failed miserably, there isnt a good indy near me so for the moment I will stay were I am as pick up and delivery is worth it for me

Post #300430 9th Jun 2016 10:11 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Gadge wrote:
RogB

The Land Rover offer is definitely NOT intended as a budget solution.

Seriously, don't just winge about it here mate, take some action.

You should have received everything detailed in that 3+ list and if you did not then take it up first with the dealer and if no joy there then speak with Land Rover customer services.

I am sure they will make any dealer cutting corners see sense.

And next time take it to a different main dealer that is happy to get your business

Gadge

Gadge

it may not be intended to be a budget solution, and all the boxes were ticked on the service sheet but I just didn't feel they had done a good job. I asked them if they had checked the fault codes, as I had the HDC error messages a couple of times over the cold mornings earlier this year, but they said they don't check the codes as part of the service, although im pretty sure that they used to.

My local indy would have cleaned and greased all the door/bonnet/boot hinges, checked and cleared any codes, stripped, cleaned and reassembled the brakes and host of little jobs. I could also have trusted them to have changed all the filters as required.

I just didn't get that level of confidence from the LR dealer, so I wont be going back there. I may well go to a different dealer as I have another at Derby and another at Nottingham which are easy enough for me to get to.

Post #300452 10th Jun 2016 8:54 am
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

Quentyn wrote:
RogB wrote:
Ive just had the 6 year B service done (well 2 months ago) on this scheme

The dealer tried to play dumb and quoted me £525 for the service even though I specified the 3+ scheme. When I pointed out it was on their website he acted shocked, tapped the keyboard and ''found'' the relevant booking page.

However im not convinced they carried out as good a service as they would have done were I paying full price. (no fault codes read or checked, no lubrication on door hinges, not washed very well, tyre pressures not checked or adjusted, no mention of brake fluid change or pipes change........ )

I wont be going back to LR for the 3+ service again that's for sure.............

i am on a full service package fro a w london LR garage I have asked and they claim ( have the mail) that there a lot missing from the 3+ service from LR ( brake fluid was one thing, pick up and delivery was another and some other checks) ie

"The Freeland 3 year + servicing from Land Rover doesn’t include the brake fluid replacements which cost an additional £124.80 on top of the service this is a recommendation to be done every 3 years. "

i really tried to work out what was the best deal and failed miserably, there isnt a good indy near me so for the moment I will stay were I am as pick up and delivery is worth it for me

My local indi charged me £40 to change the brake fluid & your dealer wants £124.80

Post #300455 10th Jun 2016 9:31 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

£10 is typical cost for the brake fluid to me so hell of a good rip off that Whistle FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #300457 10th Jun 2016 10:48 am
keikeimok

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Barolo Black

I just phoned up Sidcup Beadle about the 3+ plan.

They said they NEVER heard of that and ask me to forward the link!

They insist it will be 575 for a Full Service!!!

WTF!! Freelander 2 XS MY 2012, 19" rims, Barolo Black. Privacy glass, spoiler.

Post #300796 15th Jun 2016 12:34 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I don't think all dealers are signed up to it as its a Land Rover UK subsidised scheme and the dealers are all franchises so not forced to offer the deal.

If you go on the LR website and find the link they may suddenly remember that they do the scheme, but they may not have subscribed to it.

Post #300798 15th Jun 2016 12:42 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

My main stealer quoted £533 for the full service but after I showed them the LR 3 years plus they gave me a good discount. It didn't quite match the LR3 price but their service did include some other things not on the LR3 list and a very good level of "customer service".

J

Post #300833 16th Jun 2016 9:45 am
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I found that even amongst the same chain (ie Harwoods) some would do the 3+ scheme, some wouldn't.

Re the brake fluid change, that's never included in a standard A or B service price - it's always additional as it doesn't have to be done every year. And I don't begrudge a garage charging a fair rate to do it - ok the actual fluid is only £10 but as always you're also paying for their time, facilities, warranty, etc..

Post #300844 16th Jun 2016 12:05 pm
Herdwick

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

I think the link fro the LR website actually shows ALL dealers, but as said above, not all are offering it.

Bit of bad planning by LR, they really should only show the dealers who are participating.

One I spoke to had never heard of it, another said no chance - aprrox £450, yet the third, part of the same 'group' as the second said they did not offer it, but would 'this time' price match.

Simply because the car has a relatively low mileage, and full dealer history from new, I wanted just to get the stamp in the book as well as fluids/filters changed, so seemed reasonable value to me.

Post #300922 18th Jun 2016 8:55 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

le bouch wrote:

Re the brake fluid change, that's never included in a standard A or B service price - it's always additional as it doesn't have to be done every year.

I've just had mine serviced and on the paperwork the dealer has made a note recommending a brake fluid change. So why is it never included in an A or B service. Surely if a fluid change is needed at some point it should be included at the appropriate time in the service shedule.

J

Post #300935 18th Jun 2016 10:32 am
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

It's included in the schedule but it's not part of a standard A or B service as two out of every three services won't need it doing. If they included it there would have to be an A, B and C service. And quite possibly D, E and F with all the other add-ons (flexible brake lines, etc.)

Post #300937 18th Jun 2016 10:59 am
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

And it's an excuse to charge you extra money Wink

Post #300939 18th Jun 2016 11:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>