« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover 3 Years Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Gadge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand
Land Rover 3 Years Plus

I was at Malvern Land Rover show last weekend and chatting to a Disco3 owner or two.
All were blissfully unaware of this Land Rover scheme applicable to their cars.

So just a reminder so that everyone here is well aware of the Land Rover 3 Years + scheme and how it applies to them (there are previous posts about this scheme?)

Fixed cost reduced price servicing, at Land Rover main dealers, applies to Freelander 2's over three years old but make sure you mention this and get it agreed when booking in for a service :-

http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/servi...-plus.html

I for one will be taking advantage of this scheme to keep up the LR Full Main Dealer service history on my 2012 F2n for a few more years yet.

Gadge Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand
Discovery 2 2002 ES Auto Zambezi Silver - Gone but not forgotten.

Post #300305 8th Jun 2016 9:51 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Ive just had the 6 year B service done (well 2 months ago) on this scheme

The dealer tried to play dumb and quoted me £525 for the service even though I specified the 3+ scheme. When I pointed out it was on their website he acted shocked, tapped the keyboard and ''found'' the relevant booking page.

However im not convinced they carried out as good a service as they would have done were I paying full price. (no fault codes read or checked, no lubrication on door hinges, not washed very well, tyre pressures not checked or adjusted, no mention of brake fluid change or pipes change........ )

I wont be going back to LR for the 3+ service again that's for sure.............

Post #300308 8th Jun 2016 10:08 am
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Look at what you actually receive as part of the service

It's effectively an oil service for a minor service, and an oil service + air filter

If you are anal about having a full LR history, then it's a saving, but you will get a more complete service from an Indy Wink

Post #300310 8th Jun 2016 10:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RogB

mine has a full LR history from new, (by the previous owner) so I thought it would be a good idea to keep it going at that price. However I really wasn't impressed by the dealer I went to as I said above.

Post #300312 8th Jun 2016 10:47 am
Gadge

Mine came from LR dealer as an approved LR buy so it has two year LR warranty at the moment.
That means it is definitely going to a LR dealer for the first service.

After that it will depend on how impressed I am.

Bit worried by Stratstones 1.5 stars out of 5 on Google though so may look elsewhere.
They are my nearest main dealer though and where my car came from

I have quite a bit of experience with LR indies in my area from my D2 days, and they are all very good at their jobs and use only LR genuine parts unless agreed otherwise.

These include Les Paul and Ongar Bridge who are both just as professional as you would hope a main dealer would be (!) and Grawall Autos who are generally the cheapest but have less facilities like free coffee and loan cars. Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand

Post #300317 8th Jun 2016 11:18 am
Eurolandy

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

I’ve just had the 3+ Interim service on mine as it’s just over three years old. The schedule on the dealers website (won’t say who the dealer was but you can work it out from my location) stated that at the 3+ Interim service, the Oil, Oil filter, Air Filter and Pollen Filter would be changed (additionally the Fuel filter on the major service) along with a number of miscellaneous checks, all for £275 (against £370 for the normal interim service).

I checked when I arrived home and they hadn’t changed the Air Filter or Pollen Filter. All in all an expensive oil change. A stern E-Mail to the service manager has since sorted it out (The agreement was that they sent me the filters and I fitted them, no way is my car going in that workshop again). Mad

Once bitten ………… Next time I’ll invest in the diagnostic gear and do it myself.

I had a quote of nearly £250 from the local Ford Dealer for my daughter’s 2012 KA Major service a while ago. Genuine Ford parts cost me £105 (including the correct grade oil), so bit of a saving even though it possibly took me a lot longer than the dealer. Thumbs Up Gone:
2002 FL1 TD4 GS Zambezi Silver
2007 FL2 TD4 GS Izmir Blue

Post #300324 8th Jun 2016 12:30 pm
Gadge

Mikey

"Look at what you actually receive as part of the service

It's effectively an oil service for a minor service, and an oil service + air filter "

You need to read the linked pages again unless you had a senior moment and actually meant to type "oil service plus FUEL filter".

EuroLandy - Your description of the services is accurate and indeed is what you should have received.
You were def right to complain. I would have insisted that they fit the parts and compensate me for needing to take it back e.g. cover my diesel costs.

I agree that servicing at home is far more cost effective and you KNOW that the job has been done properly but doesn't help when you come to sell or trade in. Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand

Post #300351 8th Jun 2016 8:41 pm
Eurolandy

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Gadge,

I take your point but I have never had a problem selling a car with my own service history. I fact the last time I sold privately the buyer was quite impressed with the service history & records I had. Probably that which clinched the deal. Lucky with my buyer possibly?

With ref to my comment about my daughters KA in my last post, it’s had a Ford service history for the first three years / three services while under warranty from two different local Ford dealers (I paid for the last one + 1st MOT). When I serviced it last month, I was shocked to find that the pollen filter was absolutely caked in dirt (she has only driven 4000 miles since the last dealer service). The new part I fitted had Ford logo and part number reference on it, the old one had Fiat / Lancia /Alfa logos and references on it. As the KA Mk 2 is built by Fiat (roughly based on the Fiat 500 platform) this suggests the filter may not have been changed since new. I doubt if Ford dealers would use non Ford (Fiat) parts. Question Anyway, she's sorted for the next twelve months.

The joys of motoring.

All the best,

Chris Gone:
2002 FL1 TD4 GS Zambezi Silver
2007 FL2 TD4 GS Izmir Blue

Post #300356 8th Jun 2016 10:39 pm
Gadge

I had a couple of Fords myself years ago Big Cry Big Cry
I was never impressed with their dealers. When you booked your car in for a service the phones would all be ringing and being ignored. You stood in a line, listening to people complain about problems that the garage had caused on their cars and listening to the phones thinking, that will be me later trying to find out of my car is ready whilst wondering if they have wrecked mine too!

Hopefully they have improved their customer care a bit by now.

Fords in my view are best owned by the keen home mechanic as their parts have always been cheap with a good range of third party support services and independents to use when a big job happens along....Sound familiar?
Just like LR Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Gadge Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand

Post #300366 9th Jun 2016 8:12 am
AMO123456

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I have just taken out a service contract with Hatfields Land Rover of Liverpool, they did not offer this deal to me, so I am chasing them to get it changed, as it could save me £600 over three years from the quoted price.

Thanks for the info Gadge. Freelander 2 TD4 GS 2011 Manual Satorini Black (Current)
Freelander TD4 S 2004 Silver Manual (Gone)
Landrover Series 3 Manual Long Wheel Base Safari (Gone)
Landrover series 2A Manual Short Wheel Base (Gone)
Numerous different vehicles inbetween

Post #300379 9th Jun 2016 11:20 am
Gadge

You're very welcome. Freelander 2 2012 HSE Auto SD4 Ipanema Sand

Post #300380 9th Jun 2016 11:21 am
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

A good reason to stick with LR dealer servicing is that anecdotally LR are more likely to make a financial contribution to any out-of-warranty work...

Post #300386 9th Jun 2016 12:41 pm
RogB

but at what sort of mileage will they stop being so generous ? 80k? 100k? 150k?

surely there comes a point where its a fine line between manufacturer defect failure and age related failure ?

mines now done 80k and has full LR service history, but im not convinced they even changed all the filters on the 3+ major service so am I putting the car at more risk going to a LR ''budget'' service? or should I stick with my trusted Indy garage who I know will go above and beyond to ensure a good service ?

Post #300390 9th Jun 2016 2:07 pm
LandyV8

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I do my own servicing. I buy genuine parts, keep the receipts and fill in the service book as normal.

I recently got this genuine service kit from a dealer in Cornwall that sells on eBay. Didnt think £55 was a bad price. (and now with a free LR Mug!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FREELAND...1834538857

Post #300392 9th Jun 2016 2:11 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I recently got this genuine service kit from a dealer in Cornwall that sells on eBay. Didnt think £55 was a bad price.

Depends on type of pollen filter as the later ones I think are different type and a lot more expensive. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #300414 9th Jun 2016 7:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>