Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > An observation - FL2 prices new & second hand or pre use
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Podcast

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Same reason I got my 07 XS, 9.5k miles, 13 months old for £18k, should have been about £26k new Shocked

I must be the first to be buying a FL2 because of it's excellent fuel economy, my previous RX8 got about 17mpg & my FL2 is getting about 38mpg...I even managed 41.3mpg (& climbing) on a 50mile journey Thumbs Up

Post #27740 19th Sep 2008 1:58 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have a friend with a petrol X5 he bought just 18 months ago, he just paid a visit to the BMW dealer he bought it from to ask about a px for diesel 5 series. He spoke to the guy that sold him the car who said ... “please don't embarrass me by asking for a px on the X5", the advise was to stick it out with the X5 for another 12-18 months and see if things got any better ... Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #27744 19th Sep 2008 3:01 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

After visiting BMW MK earlier this year for my first and last dealer experience, I would have to pronounce BMW salesmen as being a bunch of up themselves tw@s

I wouldn't buy a BMW on principle now, never mind the fact the X3 is crocodilopig ugly and the X5 is damn uncomfortable on UK quality roads. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #27746 19th Sep 2008 4:06 pm
Carnoch

You are right. My rant at BMW vehicles is really inexcusable. That apart, I don't take a bit of it back. The majority of my neighbours have the damn things. It's pathetic, they turn up for the school run in their ten sizes too tight designer jeans, not accepting Newtons law of gravity or the image in the mirror, they are clad with claf length booties, low cut blouses, displaying their spaniels ears and wearing enough purfume to make a hole in the ozone layer the size of Iceland. Then there is the casual for all to see, opening of the car door, kids swerving to aoid decapitation, the swinging out of the legs that would look more at home on an Elephant and the strut/swagger up to the school door that would put a hooker to shame and thats just the guys!

Don't even get me onto Skoda cars. They lie in wait for me to come along the road, before pulling out in front of me, swerving all over the road at 20mph. Have you ever noticed the morst drivers have green cars!

Anyway, back to the point. I think LR2 prices are bound to drop even more. This recession will last a couple of years. Cash has always been king. Bide your time. It's a classic case of supply and demand. It still takes your breath away when you consider how much cheaper ex demos or year old cars have become. The one I got earlier this year was split new. The wife wouldn't have considered anything else. She likes to think she is the only one to have driven it. It must be nice to be her and still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Must contact my therapist now and go for a lie down.

Post #27774 19th Sep 2008 11:07 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

stormsky wrote:
After visiting BMW MK earlier this year for my first and last dealer experience, I would have to pronounce BMW salesmen as being a bunch of up themselves tw@s

I wouldn't buy a BMW on principle now, never mind the fact the X3 is crocodilopig ugly and the X5 is damn uncomfortable on UK quality roads.

I once went to buy a used 5 series. Haven't got any was the reply and he walked off.
Got my own back a couple of years later though. Pretty much decided on the A3 turbo but we thought we should check out the 3 series compact first. The salesman was the normal BM:censored:. When he snootily asked what we were looking to spend I could see from his attitude, looking at me in my tatty t shirt, that he'd pegged us down for something from the trade in/job out to auction pile. I explained that the choice was between that and the A3 which was roughly 20k and asked him how much the 3 compact was. When he told me it was £16k I turned to the Mrs and said "ok then, do you want one?" - She said "No - I don't like it." His face dropped. I don't think he was expecting that Rolling with laughter 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #28052 24th Sep 2008 3:30 pm
El Nino

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Check this out : http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/best_deals/item.htm?id=5281

A new GS Auto brand new for £1500 less than I paid 6 months ago used Sad Sad Sad

Post #29426 18th Oct 2008 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12