Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > An observation - FL2 prices new & second hand or pre use
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

An observation - FL2 prices new & second hand or pre use

Just an observation, but the value of FL2's has dropped thro' the floor. If you take a peek at the second hand sales in Auto Trader, you can get a 2007 S or GS for £14k or a 2008 HSE for just under £20k and thats from an authorised Land Rover dealer.

This week, I was looking at maybe getting a second FL2 and without any prompting, my first and so far only quote from a dealer will give me a new HSE auto in black for basically 27k on the road. I am sure I could shave another 1k or more off.

Our 'investments' have gone down the plug. Yes, I do like the vehicle, but I will not buy whilst prices are dropping like this. I am not saying other brands haven't suffered, but with the MPG and tax being in the okay bracket, I just can't understand it. Big Cry

Post #27631 17th Sep 2008 9:24 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Nobody wants SUV's at the moment they all want silly little things like Gee Whizzes that cost zippo to run. Just wait though, when the SE gets it's first flake of snow there will be a panic buying of cheap SUV's!
Maybe you should pick up one of those cheap Freelanders now. I saw an 57 plate HSE at one of the discount motor city places that had 10 miles on the clock and they wanted £16k for it it was a white one with the body kit though. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27635 17th Sep 2008 9:38 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Lets hope the price drop is not due to fear of LR moving to India Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27654 18th Sep 2008 7:07 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

I think its the whole general motor trade, but anything with a big engine/4x4/suv are suffering the most. With the ecomony in a downturn, dealers are biting the hand off anyone wanting to buy. Phil

Post #27669 18th Sep 2008 11:12 am
Carnoch

Yes, you are right. I could suffer a HSE in white at that price! It would look like a Police Car, but there must be an upside to that. Razz

Post #27681 18th Sep 2008 12:31 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Seen a lot of 57 plates and 08 plates driving around Aberdeen recently but with this "oil-rich" capitol I can't see T&C dropping they're prices very much if not at all Evil or Very Mad , if they did then a second FL2 would be nice Very Happy ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #27683 18th Sep 2008 12:37 pm
Carnoch

Aberdeen has always been the exception to the rule, just look at house prices with you, they are on the up!

Post #27685 18th Sep 2008 12:43 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I know Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #27690 18th Sep 2008 3:57 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Big Cry

Post #27691 18th Sep 2008 4:00 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Also, a white 57 HSE for 14k? where was that? I suspect it was an GS with body kit, as that seems to be the norm for dealers. Phil

Post #27694 18th Sep 2008 5:32 pm
Carnoch

Yep, if you can provide some details of where these ultra cheap HSE's are, I'll travel down with a wad and buy. That is really mega cheap.

Post #27703 18th Sep 2008 8:17 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

It was on the Motorpoint Car Warehouse listing a month ago, but it (there was only one) has gone to a lucky new owner!

I saw one of those new Dodge Nitro's today - looked like a dogs dinner - sort of a mishmash of PT Cruiser/Jeep Patriot and Disco 3 styling cues all with added chrome-a-like.......................... then I saw the Jeep dealer's window - Special offer - List price £19000 with a sticker across it and Now £6000 off! A 2.8litre diesel with huge body and crap interior all for £13000 - it's still not enough discount to make me buy one though! Makes a Dsico3 look small too...........................
http://www.dodge.co.uk/nitro/index.html How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27705 18th Sep 2008 8:32 pm
Carnoch

A Dodge, God you'd have to pay me to drive one. El cheepo 4x4 with no class. The X3's and X5's are driven by Chavs and Footballers wifes. Evidently, BMW had to change the size of the Glove Box to accomodate all the foundation and lip glosss supplies they carry with them as well as supply a pair of sissors for the 'girls' could cut the size label out of their designer jeans and pretend they were size 6, not 26. Apologies if I've offended anyone here, no intention. Oh, and did you know the rear of the X3 has a portable Sun Bed and waxing machine? It's no wonder the mpg is lousy, but then it does explain why there are what appears to be dog hairs whipping up in the wind if you have ever been unfortunate enough to be behind one in traffic.

Post #27714 18th Sep 2008 11:30 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Where did that BMW vitriol come from Shocked Phil

Post #27724 19th Sep 2008 10:37 am
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Carnoch wrote:
A Dodge, God you'd have to pay me to drive one. El cheepo 4x4 with no class. The X3's and X5's are driven by Chavs and Footballers wifes. Evidently, BMW had to change the size of the Glove Box to accomodate all the foundation and lip glosss supplies they carry with them as well as supply a pair of sissors for the 'girls' could cut the size label out of their designer jeans and pretend they were size 6, not 26. Apologies if I've offended anyone here, no intention. Oh, and did you know the rear of the X3 has a portable Sun Bed and waxing machine? It's no wonder the mpg is lousy, but then it does explain why there are what appears to be dog hairs whipping up in the wind if you have ever been unfortunate enough to be behind one in traffic.
Rolling with laughter
Sadly there are a lot of RR sports round here that fit the same bill. I recently passed 3 in a line, all black, with identical blonds at the wheel. I wondered whether there was a factory neaby that produced them, though I'd always assumed that was in Essex. Maybe a North Yorkshire sattelite dealership, where you can pick up your Barbie and accessories Rolling Eyes .

Back on the prices, nothing is selling, especially expensive, often non essential items like LRs. Lets be honest, they are the best, but compared to the Asian and US produced items, they are also a bit pricey - so if money is tight LR will suffer. That said, this is the reason I bought our SE used. Ok, 1 year less warranty and I'll be replacing tyres a bit sooner but a £9k saving on what, even now still looks and feels brand new, is way too much to ignore. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #27736 19th Sep 2008 12:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>