Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Why Should I Change to a Freelander2?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

My first FL2 was an xs manual.The off road day consisted of a 40 minute road test in the auto! Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #27582 17th Sep 2008 12:17 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Coming back to the question of place of manufacture of the BMW X3: Lately in the USA for the US market, and still continues to be made in Germany for the European market.

YF

Post #27584 17th Sep 2008 12:36 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

yamaha-fan wrote:
Coming back to the question of place of manufacture of the BMW X3: Lately in the USA for the US market, and still continues to be made in Germany for the European market.

YF

In this Norwegian article http://www.bilnorge.no/vis_artikkel.php3?aid=32617&tid=84 it clearly states that production of the X3 replacement will be moved from Austria to Spartanburg in USA. Confused
As long as LR dont move FL2 production to India who cares Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #27585 17th Sep 2008 12:44 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black
Next generation Tata Freelander 3 ?

Post #27615 17th Sep 2008 4:06 pm
eskdale

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey
Freelander 2 option to buy

Do not buy a freelander 2 it is a pile of poo,i have one a 2007 model SE with full leather, mine has been back to the dealers 4/5 times for different items to be replaced or fixed I WISH I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FREELANDER 2 I have looked at all the issues that the freelander, has mine has them all, all of them to the rattle on the front end and the wing mirrors to a leaking boot the list goes regards M
please reply to me and try and talk me round i have owned landys in the past so i knew what owning one would be like i never knew that a 2007 model would be as bad as this !! its had its head on the engine sorted out new timing bits and belts the list goes on i am not a happy chap with this freelander2 cheers Big Cry

Post #27762 19th Sep 2008 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Shocked Not sure I can remember reading a post from any Freel2 member with this level of criticism Exclamation
. FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #27764 19th Sep 2008 9:14 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: Freelander 2 option to buy

eskdale wrote:
Do not buy a freelander 2 it is a pile of poo,i have one a 2007 model SE with full leather, mine has been back to the dealers 4/5 times for different items to be replaced or fixed I WISH I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FREELANDER 2

I've never read this sort of criticism of the FL2 either! Is yours a very early 2007 model, when they were still sorting out a few initial teething problems (esp software)?

My FL2 SE Auto is also 2007 model, July 2007 ... and like many others have said here, it's probably the best vehicle I've ever owned, from a range of perspectives. It's also been faultless so far!
Thumbs Up Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #27778 20th Sep 2008 12:24 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I'm sorry eskdale if I don't take your first post too seriously...............as it really does not give the overall picture.

For me you are the typical forum visitor that comes online just to post the problems you've had without giving the flipside, which does not figure in this discussion as far as I am concerned.

By all means share your problems, but don't type half a story in a thread of this nature. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #27800 20th Sep 2008 1:53 pm
eskdale

Ok then when do you want me to start i have been reading all your emails for the past few months and yes most people are happy with the fl2 i am not !! after owning this car for just 6hrs it went back on a transport lorry to the dealer ,this dealer just happens to be voted the best in the uk this year !! so i was thinking good dealer good service and all the things that come with this,it has been back and back to sort out things like knocking on the front end (twice) suspension bolts were not put on right/next leaking water into the car via the boot not by washing it just from the car sitting on my drive, next pulling to the right when driving down the road/motorway the dealer has sorted all this for free the best one yet is the top of the engine had to come off to sort out a oil leak which saw all the crank come off the guys in the workshop have never done this before so that was a first for them/next handbrake failing this has happened twice has been sorted we paid all this money for a really nice car for me and the wife and kids this car has just been a pain we have two businesess and we have to wait for the car to be picked up and then back to us.the hilux that i had before was older and a lot less hassle.Forums are for every-one being positive or negative to-wards a product,i wanted this car i had to fight to get it sold two cars to get a nice one and so far all this landrover has done is bite my bum ! Big Cry And YES overall this is a nice car but for the money i do not expect these sorts of problems i think that i have a dog of a car and very very soon this is giong back to the dealers.ps it is going back again next week to sort out the leak in the boot yet again and the noise from the front end (Suspension) RRSv8 for a few days so a up-turn in cars !! Thumbs Up

Post #27802 20th Sep 2008 3:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Eskdale are you not within your rights now to reject the car and demand a replacement. I would say that you have given the dealer/ Land Rover more than enough chances to get things put right.
Hope you enjoyed the RRS TDv8, it is indeed a lovely car but it too suffers from rattling suspension/dynamic response system and LR are no longer allowing dealers to attempt to repair it until the factory has come up with an official cure........................... at present all we get from dealers is "It's a characteristic of the car" !
Not what you want to hear when you have forked out £55k for a car. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27803 20th Sep 2008 5:42 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Eskdale,

Sorry to hear about our problems, you're right, this is why forums are here, so we can get both sides of the story. If you've had so many problems, can you not speak to the dealer about swapping the car, I'm not sure at which point in time you can demand this, but I know you have certain rights to expect a car that works, and doesn't always have problems.

Check on the web, there must be articles about getting a car which has loads of problems, and how to get the dealer to swap the car.

I've had one or 2 little niggles, but nothing like this, I hope they can either fix them for good, or replace the car for you, as you shouldn't have to put up with this, no one should.

I'd just like to say, although this is only my opinion from forums like this, that althoguh you still get the odd "Friday" car like this (and I think all companies make them at some point) they have done a much better job with the FL2 rather than the old FL etc.

Rich

Post #27804 20th Sep 2008 5:47 pm
Ron

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Izmir Blue

The only issue I have had in the 4 months of ownership is a very sore jawline from the permanent grin now impressed on my face. If you can put up with this then go for the FL2

Post #27806 20th Sep 2008 6:16 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Eskdale I didn't say you shouldn't voice your opinion, but I think a first post of "it's a POS" is not the most objective way of entering into a discussion like this and definately in my eyes doesn't give the complete picture.

Maybe you could start a seperate thread and let us all know the issues you've had and which dealer you've been using and how they have helped...or not as the case may be. Also it would be good if could expand on the deatils of the problems you've had as well, but don't forget it is not all bad!

You might want to also consider putting some breaks in your typing as it does make it kinda hard to read as one block of text Whistle

Like the others have said I would be pushing for a replacement if I was you!

I've got 10k kms on my LR2 and the only issues I have are worn seat belt guides and a fan noise which will be fixed under warranty, but other than that nothing else. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Last edited by Gambba on 21st Sep 2008 12:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #27827 21st Sep 2008 9:33 am
eskdale

Gambba wrote:
Eskdale I didn't say you shouldn't voice your opinion, but I think a first post of "it's a POS" is not the most objective way of entering into a discussion like this and definately in my eyes give the complete picture.

Maybe you could start a seperate thread and let us all know the issues you've had and which dealer you've been using and how they have helped...or not as the case may be. Also it would be good if could expand on the deatils of the problems you've had as well, but don't forget it is not all bad!

You might want to also consider putting some breaks in your typing as it does make it kinda hard to read as one block of text Whistle

Like the others have said I would be pushing for a replacement if I was you!

I've got 10k kms on my LR2 and the only issues I have are worn seat belt guides and a fan noise which will be fixed under warranty, but other than that nothing else.
Hi will sort out the text thing sorry !!

Post #27832 21st Sep 2008 10:32 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

eskdale

i have had all the faults you have had on My 2006 FL2 SE manual and more Confused

They was virtually all sorted by my dealer on the first visit for each fault, some people on here say they have it looked at each service etc, but personally if there is a fault and my dealer can provide a car, let them have it and sort it no matter how many times it had to be in. In my case its been in nearly once in every month or two, since I bought it in March 07

I won't stand for a £28k car been faulty, my dealer knows this and i find they get things sorted, the leaking tailgate has been mentioned on the forum before, with people saying there dealer does not have a fix, but how can my dealer sort it first time with out this Question . Obviously my dealer uses its initiative and sorts the fix themselves. Exclamation

Maybe the fault lays with your dealer and not the car itself, can you try somebody else Question

Nick Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #27839 21st Sep 2008 4:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>