Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 2011 facelift 150bhp engine with intermediate missing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 17 <123 45 ... 151617>
Print this entire topic · 
BEAR

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Ipanema Sand

I have also been told supermarket fuel is not as it should be but I have used sainsbugs for years with no ill effects on my ex motors ,last one a crv ,although my td5 disco was a real shed from day one but had no issues with it in my 110 200 tdi so when I get mine back I will try the main suppliers to see

Post #228399 4th Jul 2014 9:11 pm
PS

I have an octavia also and that lives on Tesco fuel without any problems - it is a real workhorse of a car. Just curious that the change of fuel "appeared" to have such a dramatic difference

Post #228401 4th Jul 2014 9:17 pm
BEAR

well so far been back 3 times ,split hose at /nr turbo ,notchy flap on something or other new throttle perometer ,last time it did the misfire/hesitation whilst on the mobile computermibob but showing no fault codes but the recording's where sent to landrover , diagnosed new egr and pipe work ,fitted same problem but less mpg its going back again

Post #229037 14th Jul 2014 7:19 am
PS

Can I ask a favour of anyone that has this problem and is watching this thread? Would you mind putting a couple of tanks of Shell fuel through your freelander? Just by necessity, I filled up with Shell normal diesel rather than Tesco fuel which I would normally use and the problem seemed to dramatically reduce. I have just put a second tank worth in today and the issue is still there, but only very slight. I recognise this is a strange request and I assure you I have no connection with Shell, I am just trying out and idea which seems to have made a difference with mine.

Post #229084 14th Jul 2014 8:01 pm
BEAR

been on bp and esso

Post #229087 14th Jul 2014 9:30 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Was also diagnosed with EGR replacement last year (mentioned earlier in the thread somewhere).

Back into the dealers today with the same fault which started happening a month or so ago. I have a feeling it might be climate related, since it started to happen at a similar time last year and the EGR replacement was in Autumn, so might not have been the entire (temporary) cure.

Other than one or two small (£10) fills to tide me over (ESSO, Shell etc, not supermarket), I have always used BP Ultimate, so in my case I don't believe it's fuel related.

Guess I'll find out in the next day or so what their latest diagnosis is. Puts me off another FL2 until they find a definitive solution.

Post #229168 16th Jul 2014 1:47 pm
BEAR

don't know wot they done but seems they did it ,got it back and it seems hesitation/miss has gone been ok 3 days now even in this heat and mpg gone up to ,,,,time will tell

Post #229813 25th Jul 2014 3:04 pm
xs57

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi,

I've experienced these problems also. A single misfire whilst accelerating, especially after backing off the throttle then light throttle in second gear. It's been annoying me for the last 6 months.

I may have found a solution. I called Land Rover Assist a few weeks ago as I had another problem with the car (diff). They called out and he took it out on test. He suggested I take the Land Rover to the dealer for repair work to the diff. In the meantime I asked him about the misfire - he said that other Freelander 2 users had reported the same problems. He checked the car and there were no error codes. He suggested a new MAF sensor. He doubted that the dealer would fit a new MAF sensor because of a lack of error codes. Dealer - yes - new diff, no - new MAF sensor.

I searched online and I ordered one from Euro Car Parts last week. £52. It only takes a minute to replace using a hex screwdriver. The difference was noticeable - better/smoother pick-up from idle, no sudden turbo boost and better still, no misfire!. The car has been running well for a week now and, crossed fingers, no problems.

I hope this will be of help to someone.

Post #230005 27th Jul 2014 5:56 pm
BEAR

nope didn't work did work doin it again goin backin tmoz

Post #230175 29th Jul 2014 7:23 pm
23Skidoo

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Buckingham Blue

Hi All,

Well my MY11 car has developed the same symptoms. I reported it to my dealer when it went in for the 45,000 mile service last Wednesday.

I got the car back today (Wednesday one week later). I have been told by my dealer that Land Rover know about the issue and that it's a "software problem", that LR are working on a patch and there is nothing that they can do!! They pointed me to LR customer services as I wanted to chase how long it would be before LR would be delivering the software patch to the Dealers. I was assured that LR would have a record of the issue and that my dealer had sent over all of the data from my car to the Tech Dept of LR

So I have phone LR customer Services, they know nothing of my car, nothing on record with them, they check with the Tech dept, and come back to me to say that whilst they have been in contact with the dealer they have received no data and therefore can give no confirmation on what the issue is with my car and what software or otherwise they are working on and no timescales.

They then recommended that I go back to the dealer.

I think that this may be the start of a very long merry go round.

Time for emails all round to find out what the hell is going on and maybe seek some legal advice to find what my consumer rights are I think.

Post #232207 20th Aug 2014 5:08 pm
mart56

2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Ipanema Sand

I had this problem. Mine was fixed with a new EGR valve and software update

Post #232208 20th Aug 2014 5:37 pm
23Skidoo

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Buckingham Blue

The dealer is telling me that I have the latest version of the software and that whilst they suspect it is an EGR issue it is an ECU instruction to the EGR that is the problem i.e. software not hardware.

They have also told me that LR are working on a software patch but as yet unconfirmed by LR themselves.

But I'm not happy with the "we acknowledge its a fault but we can't fix it" response from the dealer and LR themselves.

Post #232210 20th Aug 2014 6:04 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Pal of mine had suffered very long ongoing issue or jerkiness on light throttle at 40-50 mph and got really bad.
Many new bits fitted including EGR valve and AFM etc. tried decent fuel etc.
When he took me out I was surprised how bad it was and it could be described as a misfire.

Fixed by fitting new tyres ! The rolling circumference of the rears was 2mm different too the fronts. Once new tyres fitted drove like a dream , and how ever slowly you tried to drive it the jerkiness didn't return.
Tyres are critical and need to be identical make and pattern Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #232443 22nd Aug 2014 8:09 pm
confoederatius

Switzerland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Fuji White

But it's for sure not the tyres directly causing misfires. Looks like the Haldex again - or its electronics/software? MY2013, 2.2 TD4 SE fuji white
man. gearbox, xenon, "small" Meridian, 7" satnav, autom. aircon, RV-cam, heated jets/windscreen/seats/wheel

Post #232478 23rd Aug 2014 9:08 am
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Well the misfire felt just like with the petrol cars when they had an air leak or a split air intake pipe making it run too lean.

I would be interested to know whether the monitoring of the halidex unit has an effect on the fuelling or timing as the tyre issue transformed his 2010 XS. The misfire /jerkiness always became very pronounced when the EGR position got to 16%. I must also add that several garages had looked at this vehicle and all had said it was a misfire fuelling related issue. Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #232493 23rd Aug 2014 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 17 <123 45 ... 151617>