Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > WRITTEN OFF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
phil_wkl

Australia 

yeah, the drivers seat is a bit strange...would it bend backwards in an impact like that? Phil

Post #22567 19th Jun 2008 10:03 am
Simmo

United Kingdom 

Wow!

Glad you're ok Thumbs Up

Im also glad that I own a FL2 seeing those pictures. Looks like it's done a great job of protecting you from serious injury. Get well soon !!!

Paul -----------------------------------------
TD4 SE Manual, Sold.
I currently own a BMW 530D.WLTB another FL2.

Post #22573 19th Jun 2008 12:43 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

Don't know whether or not youve got a solicitor on the case, but a couple of years ago my lad had a motorbike accident (thankfully not major) and his insurance co put him on to a solicitor in Manchester called Colemans ltd, and he dealt with a Mark Dando. Very good firm to deal with and good result as well.

Post #22589 19th Jun 2008 8:07 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
take care

I'm also pleased to hear that you came out of that nasty accident in one piece. Please do take good advice regarding insurance claim for personal injury; an early settlement would probably be unwise as others have said. Whiplash injuries can be troublesome ..... and you need to be sure you've made a total recovery before you finally settle. Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #22601 19th Jun 2008 11:22 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Sorry to hear this Shar. I wish you a quick recovery !

also @Rich and freebo: I've got a whiplash myself as well (due to a frontal collision as cyclist with a car...) and I'm happy to say that -in my case- osteopathy has been an excellent therapy.

Post #22625 20th Jun 2008 4:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
morticia

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

not been on forum for a while and just seen pictures.....gulp!
Glad to hear you're OK and how well the Freelander protected you. Now worrying about my two eldest kids driving around in their Peugeot 206s.They wouldn't stand a chance. Sad Santorini Black TD4 Manual XS, privacy glass, 6 CD Changer, Bi-Xenon lights......Bliss.Very Happy
Also have a Defender Double Cab, TD5, (black)modified by Nene, and 1962 Series 11a.

Post #22626 20th Jun 2008 4:52 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Have you called the chips away boys yet?

Personally I reckon I could get that out with a bit of tcut and some elbow grease but as it's an insurance job you may as well go mad. Laughing

Seriously though, glad you're ok, at least no serious harm, and as has been said, a testament to the solidity of the fl2. Nice to know the family is safe as they travel around. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #22628 20th Jun 2008 5:03 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Paul wrote:
Sorry to hear this Shar. I wish you a quick recovery !

also @Rich and freebo: I've got a whiplash myself as well (due to a frontal collision as cyclist with a car...) and I'm happy to say that -in my case- osteopathy has been an excellent therapy.

Hi Paul, I'm currently having chiropractic and sports massage as treatment. I've got a review soon, as the other insurers have said I don't need treatment, they obviously don't realise the hassle I still get from my back. I may ask the doc about osteopathy, and if this ay help more the chiro. May also see about some physio as well.

Pardon the pun, but whiplash is a right pain in the neck, hope you're alright Shar, and don't get it.

Post #22630 20th Jun 2008 5:21 pm
Paul

rmbillington, I don't know the attitude of allopathic doctors in the U.K. towards osteopathy but I fear it won't be much different than in Belgium. One year after my accident, I couldn't move my head anylonger. A few osteopathic treatments solved this. The insurance (allopatic) doctor replied: "If you are helped this way, that's fine for you allthough obviously one might not call ostheopathy medicine...."
I tried chiropractic as well (not for my whiplash but for back problems) but it didn't help much.
Anyway, it is also important to notice there are good and bad chiropractors as well as there are good and bad osteopathists...

Post #22632 20th Jun 2008 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

after been rear ended

I had mild whiplash, sports physio and a visit to a chiropractor sorted it in no time but still have slightly stiff neck every so often

The first time he did the relax whilst i rotate your neck, then a swift movement and CRACK when he did the final rotation, now thats a sensation for the record books Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #22638 20th Jun 2008 7:26 pm
Paul

Why does it suddenly remind me of some scenes of the Exorcist ? Shocked

Post #22640 20th Jun 2008 7:36 pm
r12ure

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Shar,
I've not been on here for a while and was shocked to see the car smashed up so bad,

Glad to hear you were not more seriously hurt, that's not much short of a miracle considering what's happened.

You're original gallery pictures helped me make up my mind that Rimini Red was the colour to go for and I'm sad that your car has now ended up like this. But by all accounts it has protected you well, and that's all that matters

Some good advice from the others, hope you are OK and the insurance get everything sorted for you quickly, it's only when you claim you discover how good your insurance company actually are.

Good point made about the seven seater freelander. It's made me think about the Disco3 as well, my kids see it as good fun to be in the third row of seats.

Best wishes

Post #22665 21st Jun 2008 5:32 pm
Simon_CSK

Shar
Sorry to hear of the accident but glad you are Ok and good to see the FL2 is as stong as we all hped it would be.

Post #22669 21st Jun 2008 8:59 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Just got back from a week in Devon and logged on - JESUS!!! Big Cry

Glad you are okay, the car can be replaced, I reckon the lorry driver was taken back by the gorgeous looks of your FL2 in the best colour available (no bias here! Whistle Whistle ) and forgot to brake!! Seriously, hope you get another Rimini Red (there are the best) and hope they throw the book at the lorry driver for the incident (what was his excuse?)

I notice your have the body coloured wing mirror caps on your FL2 - any chance of the passenger side one before she goes to the car cemetary - scraped mine on a dry stone wall in Devon - I thought the FL2 would have pushed the wall over but in the end the wall won and I ended up with a nasty scrape along the mirror cap

Get back behind the wheel soon Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #22687 22nd Jun 2008 10:54 am
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Hi all , i would just like to say a big thank you to you all for all your replies and very helpful advice and tips that you have given me, i will keep you updated with the progress of my replacement car which will be another FL2 , i would be stupid not to now, the police said that if i had been in anything smaller i would not be here Crying or Very sad , but i am and i thank my beloved FL2 for that, and for all you grey and black boys/girls i will be having ......wait for it.......................another Rimini Red.. Thumbs Up Once again thanks to you all Bow down

Post #22710 22nd Jun 2008 8:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123