Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > WRITTEN OFF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
jvvv

I guess the only thing that saved you was the height of the car. If you had a lower car the truck would have jumped over it and smashed the roof.

Post #22500 18th Jun 2008 3:48 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Well done for escaping OK Thumbs Up Hope your bruises go quickly. I do feel happy now that Finn is as safe as I can make him while in the fl2..maybe you could try a career as a crash test dummy Confused

Does anyone here still want a 7 seater fl2 to put their kids in the back after seeing that pic? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #22502 18th Jun 2008 4:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:

Does anyone here still want a 7 seater fl2 to put their kids in the back after seeing that pic?

I thought the exact same thing,

but i hope they would have to increase the size of the safety cell if it was 7seats Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #22504 18th Jun 2008 4:22 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Shocked
Glad everyone ok and very glad I have a FL2 to protect myself and family. Phil

Post #22512 18th Jun 2008 5:46 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Glad to hear you are OK, and that the car saved you, Hope you're feeling OK.

Just a word of advice, having now been hit twice from behind, and suffering whiplash both times.

If you are considering compensation (and I would as whiplash and back pain can be a real pain in the neck, and you should get something for your suffering) make sure you keep a record of everything, pain killers, doctors visits, pain your feeling, injuries you've recieved, letters from police etc. and get yourself a solicitor as soon as possible, mine have been helpful for getting me treatment, and assesments, and getting back all the costs involved, before you even get to compo. I found it hard to get physio on the NHS, huge waiting lists, so had to go private, and £30 a visit soon adds up if you try to pay for it yourself. So don't feel bad about getting a solicitor and claiming for everything.

I hope you're feeling OK, and you don't get whiplash, or have any lasting effects, I think you may be lucky, as I've read lots that you the human body copes better with a larger impact, than with a small shunt at a roundabout, it's recovry mechanisms seem to kick in better for a bigger crash.

Fingers crossed you get your new car quickly, like you say, if you walked away from this crash, you'd be silly not get another FL2.

Rich

Post #22513 18th Jun 2008 5:48 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Glad to hear you are ok and at the end of the day the car can be replaced but you can not I did not see any air bags deployed is it because it was a rear impact? 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #22520 18th Jun 2008 7:14 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Keep the LR bagdge as a reminder and don't change color if you can Thumbs Up FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #22522 18th Jun 2008 7:35 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about the accident. It looks horrific but as said before your basically ok. Forget about the old car and start looking forward to the new one (hopefully another FL2).
If that’s the damage to the FL2, I can't imagine what the damage to the 40 ton HGV must be like.
I hope you fully recover quickly. Keep us all informed how you are getting on.

waaxh03

Post #22524 18th Jun 2008 7:38 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

I havent been on the forum for a few days and was shocked to see the picture. Thank god you are OK!
All this talk of people having to buy smaller greener cars is one thing, a little tin box on wheels isn't going to protect you like this did.
Hope you feel better soon.

Post #22526 18th Jun 2008 7:45 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

John L wrote:
I
All this talk of people having to buy smaller greener cars is one thing, a little tin box on wheels isn't going to protect you like this did.

Exactly, stuff all this blame cars for the environment nonsense, Safety must be the highest priority. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #22532 18th Jun 2008 8:46 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Horrified to see the picture, but glad to hear you're OK.

Bent metal can be fixed or replaced, not so easy with people. Hope there are no lasting effects from this and hope you're back behind the wheel as soon as poss.

Thumbs Up

Post #22536 18th Jun 2008 9:27 pm
freebo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

rmbillington wrote:
Glad to hear you are OK, and that the car saved you, Hope you're feeling OK.

Just a word of advice, having now been hit twice from behind, and suffering whiplash both times.

If you are considering compensation (and I would as whiplash and back pain can be a real pain in the neck, and you should get something for your suffering) make sure you keep a record of everything, pain killers, doctors visits, pain your feeling, injuries you've recieved, letters from police etc. and get yourself a solicitor as soon as possible, mine have been helpful for getting me treatment, and assesments, and getting back all the costs involved, before you even get to compo. I found it hard to get physio on the NHS, huge waiting lists, so had to go private, and £30 a visit soon adds up if you try to pay for it yourself. So don't feel bad about getting a solicitor and claiming for everything.

I hope you're feeling OK, and you don't get whiplash, or have any lasting effects, I think you may be lucky, as I've read lots that you the human body copes better with a larger impact, than with a small shunt at a roundabout, it's recovry mechanisms seem to kick in better for a bigger crash.

Fingers crossed you get your new car quickly, like you say, if you walked away from this crash, you'd be silly not get another FL2.

Rich

Sometimes I wish this forum had a "thanks" button, I couln't agree more with everything Rich has said above, 7 years ago my wife was hit from behind while stopped at a red light, she still has some residual back & neck pain.

I really hope you have no lasting effects from the accident, but please keep all records and get a solictor just in case.

Glad to see the FL2 did a good job of protecting you, as others have said, what would have happened to a Prius or similar?

ATB,

Mike & Colette

Post #22543 18th Jun 2008 11:31 pm
Delta Mike

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Glad everything OK and good to see the crumple zones in the back working as they should with the glass in the rear doors intact! A little disconcerting though to see the drivers seat bent back so far, quite worrying if there was a child seat in the back.....

Post #22544 18th Jun 2008 11:59 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Shocked Nasty Shar, and like everyone else glad to hear you're ok.

Certainly seems the FL2 stood up well, and that you escaped with relatively minor injuries Thumbs Up

Did the crash cause you to drop you fag ash in your lap, your coffee into the footwell and your phone down the side of the seat Laughing (Or was that what happened with the HGV driver!)

Post #22550 19th Jun 2008 6:35 am
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hey Shar,

all the best from Denmark !

Glad you are OK Thumbs Up

Post #22557 19th Jun 2008 8:11 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>