« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > DIFFERENTIAL FAILURE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
carguy

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
DIFFERENTIAL FAILURE

A few Days before the Manufacturers warranty was due to run out, the rear Diff on the Freelander2 started to whine. The Main dealer told us it would be fixed under warranty. That was 1 year, 11 months and 3 weeks ago. The Diff has started doing the same thing again in the last couple of weeks, so I contacted Main Dealer whose Customer Care dept informed me that as the Diff was less than 2 years old, it would probably be covered by their own 2 year warranty. What a Result!!
Except that when I got to Main Dealer (Hadley Green, Barnet) they tell me it is not covered as the original repair was a Warranty repair, paid for by Landrover UK, not by me personally........
Also found out that the Diff wasn't actually replaced back then, just "overhauled".
The way I see it, I've been cheated by LandRover UK for Not actually replacing the thing in the first place, Plus Main Dealer back-tracking on their offer to carry out further repairs under warranty.
Any views / comments would be appreciated.......

Greg

Post #199963 19th Sep 2013 4:00 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

best to pop a PM to customer care on here or give them a call Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #199965 19th Sep 2013 4:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I understand it to be, covered on the original manufactures warranty up until the day it expires

so if you have a warranty repair 10 day prior to the OEM warranty running out you only get 10 days cover, UNLESS you paid a percentage towards that repair, then you would get 12 months cover Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #199967 19th Sep 2013 4:15 pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Fuji White

Hi Carguy,

I've referred this to our Aftersales Manager to see if he can help. It may be worth dropping him a line at franc.mateo@hadleygreen.co.uk to give him some more details (reg number etc).

Some members will be aware that HGG was asset purchased by the new owners in June of last year, and the customer always comes first. This is exactly why I joined the company as it is all about long term relationships. Whilst we are not able to comment on work carried out by the previous owners (detailed electronic records were not transferred), we will do all we can to look after those customers that have been loyal to the dealership.

Hopefully Franc will be able to discuss this with you in more detail in the hope of reaching a happier conclusion.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #199972 19th Sep 2013 4:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1