« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Going going almost gone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Going going almost gone

Well it looks like the decision has been made today for my FL2 replacement for March. Had lease figures back for the Dynamic with the UK plus pack and a couple of other extras and they are expecting me to pay 」150 a month more than what i am paying now (which is a for a HSE SD4 with xenons), even a like for like HSE replacement would be another 」80 on top of what I pay now. As stated elsewhere I can get an all singing all dancing Q5 cheaper than what Im pay now so to pay 」200 more for a out of date car is ridiculous!

Leasing company who I have used for over 10 years for both private lease and company lease for my vans said it took 4 attempts to get LR to quote and that as order books for the RRS and FFRR are bursting at the seams they only have the FL2, Disco and Ewok to offer and thus are doing no discounts whatsoever on them, basically if you want one your gonna pay for the privledge!

So the Q5 extended testdrive is booked and finally got my FL2 back today after having a 2nd (yes SECOND) Haldex unit replaced in under six months (and ive never been offroad!)

Would have been tempted by a 2 year deal on a FL2 with the FL3 on the horizon but would have had to take out a second mortgage to cover the monthly cost on that.

I will keep you updated but looks like im 'going beyond!' Rolling with laughter Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #199729 17th Sep 2013 8:34 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

fair enough ,

maybe all your customers will look abroad for goods and services too? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #199732 17th Sep 2013 8:46 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

A shame, but I totally understand where you are coming from in a commercial sense. Unfortunately, as they (JLR) are riding high as a Company, they don't need to discount anything particularly at the moment...if you look at the deals on FL2 7/8 months ago, there was up to 」6k to play with (if you knew where to look)....those deals have all been pulled, as they simply don't need to discount currently.

I guess it's a case of making hay while the sun shines. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #199733 17th Sep 2013 8:46 pm
taztastic

England 

It would interesting to know which marques are being left by all the people coming into the LR fold?

Post #199734 17th Sep 2013 8:50 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Yes it would! My guess is that they are coming from a pseudo-4x4 background (Kia/Honda etc) and want to know what the fuss is all about with JLR....plus the residuals might have helped sway them too as used buyers.

As a company car lease, it's a total waste of time looking at the FL2, as the Accountants just cannot justify it, unless you are doing under 10K a year. Which of course, as most company car drivers know, you will do in a quarter! Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #199745 17th Sep 2013 10:01 pm
philz

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

We lease LR for my job and it appears we probably won't get them in the next round of vehicle update. The reason why? Well as you say it's discounts. Nothing available now even to the mass fleet buyers and its all due to the demand from China for LR! Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 05 Liquid Blue
LFR 2.2 XS 07 Stornoway Grey
And a dedicated caravan puller CG

Post #199890 18th Sep 2013 10:01 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, company car tax changes have put paid to running anything over 129g/km, so no FL2 for me either.

I'd really like an XF Estate 2.2 but, again, the contract rates are a little on the high side for me - around 」150 a month on top of the current rate. My first choice would always to be a British motor, but I think it'll either be out of budget, or prohibitively expensive due to HMRC's tax take.

If it's not a Jag, it might be (of all things) an Ampera! Shocked

It's an interesting reversal of fortunes when Land Rover is selling at retail and Audi is having to take the business by discounting! Rolling Eyes

Post #200088 20th Sep 2013 7:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1