« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Problem starting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing lucky lucky you

It like my new kettle that suddenly started leaking, that she admitted to dropping 4 months later Mad

And the baby bottle sterilizer that suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason, and 4 months later admitted she left the citric acid in for a hour instead of 2 minutes Mad Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19109 1st May 2008 9:38 pm
msservices

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Re: Problem starting

snappa wrote:
Had the FL2 just over a week.
Came out today, tried to start, just makes a clicking noise with all the dash lights flashing and HDC NOT AVAILABLE flashing on and off.
Phoned LR assistance and waiting for them to come out.

Not impressed so far!

Not on your own. I have the same problem. But they blame it on the non approved towing electrics that I fitted.
They refitted a land rover approved one on, but it is still the same. This is after fitting 2 new upgraded softwheres.
I will let you know if they ever get it sorted. Has yours got towing electrics?

Post #19714 8th May 2008 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Nope.

But like a lot of modern cars it does have 30 miles of wiring looms and switches, solenoids, accessories etc etc.

So when something goes wrong it's back to the drawing board of head scratching diagnostics (read fingers crossed hit and hoping)

Twisted Evil

Post #19715 8th May 2008 11:23 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Snappa, if you have a technical problem and the car will not start don't even think about calling a dealer. Call Land Rover Assist then the LRA guy would have got you a repair slot at the dealer much more quickly, or even have fitted a new battery on the spot.

Re NE Dealers, I have no experience of the dealers north of Perth, being near Stirling I haven't thought of going any further north than Perth. I was very impressed with the attention I got from the sales team at Stratstone Land Rover Perth when I was looking for a TDv8 RRS - they were positive and offered a test drive that day if I wanted. If you are prepared to come further south for service I can also recommend Morrison's Land Rover at Bannockburn near Stirling. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #19725 9th May 2008 7:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12