Home > General > Low Fuel Warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lanren

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Low Fuel Warning

Hi guys and Gals
Just joined the forum as i have become a FreeLander2 owner for the 1st time.
Up to now I'm impressed with the car bought it for towing purposes the only thing that is baffling me at the moment is that i can not find any information on the low fuel warning on the sat nav system Shocked how does it work you can turn it on or off but i see no differance when On or off or when the low fuel warning light is on in he dash can any one help.

Cheers
Lanren

Post #14789 26th Feb 2008 9:30 pm
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

not really the answer to your post but sort of on the same topic while out last week i had left my wallet at home but my fuel was very low , i was about 15 miles from home and my range indicator was displaying only 10 miles as i had no other option i drove home got my wallet then went up the road to the garage when i got there the range had been saying 0miles for about 4miles and the car was starting to splutter and was very low on power.
so for those of you that like to push it to the limit the range indicator is pretty accurate in terms of being empty so let this be a warning Thumbs Up 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #14790 26th Feb 2008 9:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum Lanren

My satnav has the low fuel warnings 'on' it comes on when i get low on fuel and the dash light come on

It displays a message stating "low fuel petrol station will now be displayed"

I don't have the icon selected for petrol stations, when i did i don't recall having any low fuel warnings on the satnav

Try deselecting the petrol station in the setup of what POI's are displayed and make sure you have the low fuel message 'on' Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14792 26th Feb 2008 9:51 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

If I recall correctly, the low fuel warning sounds when the range is 60 miles (or 50 miles??) to go. The Sat Nav indicates this on a banner and puts all the petrol stations up on the map. I believe that the poor performance once the range available goes under 0 miles is part of the engine ECU programming, to make you believe that you are on the last dregs. Cruise control won`t work either.
I have never tried to disable the sat Nav warning, so don`t know if its possible. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #14808 27th Feb 2008 11:20 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
scary!

Inadvertantly I've just re-enacted Nick (Npinks) low fuel warning test, by running the range warning right down to zero miles. I was trying to make it to the best priced fuel station in the area, as per http://www.petrolprices.com, but forgot that the last few miles of a FL2's "range" seem to burn up rather quickly! Shocked Embarassed

Anyway, I just about made it, and in the process found out that soon after the range bottoms out at zero, the low fuel warning light on the driver info panel starts to flash and ping, I guess as a last ditch attempt to alert the dozey driver to the impending engine stop!! Wink
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #14906 28th Feb 2008 9:06 pm
PepperPot

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Quote:
npinks said:
I don't have the icon selected for petrol stations, when i did i don't recall having any low fuel warnings on the satnav.

You don't need to have the petrol station POI selected, but you won't see any icons on the screen unless you have zoomed in to 1km or less on the scale bar.

When it turns these on there is a 'ping', and a brief message on the satnav - I had it this afternoon at about 55 miles remaining range 2007 Baltic Blue SE TD4 Auto

Post #14908 28th Feb 2008 9:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1