« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Car Stolen Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Car Stolen Update

As a few of you know my FL2 was stolen New Year's Eve and exactly a month later it turned up at a Guy Salmon Dealership.

I'm glad to let you all know that it has now been written off and i have a new HSE auto on order.

What a relief and i get an '08 plate.

Thanks for all the messages.
Very Happy Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #14777 26th Feb 2008 7:33 pm
Mad-Dog

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Hi Mate Very Happy

Just out of curiosity how did they steal it, did they by pass the security or was it a key snatch job

cheers

Mad Dog

Post #14778 26th Feb 2008 7:39 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Well that is fantastic news for you. Thumbs Up

Every cloud does really have a silver lining!

Post #14779 26th Feb 2008 7:41 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Car Stolen Update

annesley23 wrote:
As a few of you know my FL2 was stolen New Year's Eve and exactly a month later it turned up at a Guy Salmon Dealership.

I'm glad to let you all know that it has now been written off and i have a new HSE auto on order.

What a relief and i get an '08 plate.

Thanks for all the messages.
Very Happy

More of interest is how it got written off, or maybe you will not share those details with us Question Rolling Eyes Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #14793 26th Feb 2008 9:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great New on the recovery

Any news on the toe rags that stole it and selled it to GS?

I presume its ID was changed when the conned GS into buying it? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14795 26th Feb 2008 9:59 pm
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The car was stolen from my house. They broke in and stole the keys.

They wrote it off because i wouldn't accept it back after i had a look at it. long process, but worth the wait.

No news on the scum bags, but to be honest you don't get a good feeling from the coppers. Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #14797 26th Feb 2008 11:12 pm
Gambba

annesley23 wrote:
No news on the scum bags, but to be honest you don't get a good feeling from the coppers.

Unless they are caught in the act it is unlikely they will be caught. Maybe when everyone living or entering a country has to provide biometric data and DNA samples its possile more will be caught....but still the UK needs to do more than just a census mnow and again to see who is living where.

Post #14798 27th Feb 2008 7:55 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

annesley23 wrote:
The car was stolen from my house. They broke in and stole the keys.

They wrote it off because i wouldn't accept it back after i had a look at it. long process, but worth the wait.

No news on the scum bags, but to be honest you don't get a good feeling from the coppers.

A terrible story - they break in the house first!! Shocked
It seems we need alarms fitted to our houses as well as our beloved FL2's

However I can really understand why didnt accept it back after the scum bags had been driving it around.

I heard a story a while back from Bedford (my UK homeplace) where parked cars where broken into during daylight shopping hours and nobody passing reacted to the car alarms going off Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #14807 27th Feb 2008 11:19 am
Gambba

AndyC wrote:
I heard a story a while back from Bedford (my UK homeplace) where parked cars where broken into during daylight shopping hours and nobody passing reacted to the car alarms going off Shocked

Unfortunately we have all had that neighbour who has a dodgy aftermarket alarm which seems to be an alarm covering the whole postcode, so that even if you get up to take a leak in the middle of the night his talking, multi-toned crappy car alarm goes off......and worst of all they sleep through the first ten minutes of it!

So it does not surprise me that people continue about what they were doing before the alarm went off. House alarms generally seem to be the same....... On the other side I bet in most cases if you went over to look why an alarm was going off you'd find the owner there and he'd tell you to mind your own business Laughing

We all need to be a lot more reactive to things going on around us!

Post #14856 28th Feb 2008 5:18 am
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
FL2 to avoid

Obviously nobody else will want to buy this vehicle unless they fully understand it's history.This car will probably come back into the marketplace so maybe you could post the registration number on this forum,so future buyers can avoid it! Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #14866 28th Feb 2008 9:26 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

it true what you say on house alarms

One of the houses oposites alarm went off a coulple of years ago, just after we had brought my son home from hosipital where he was born 6 week early and spent the first few weeks.

2am Alarm starts going, baby starts screaming possible just because he did LOTS at the time, or he was woken up.

I looked out of the window and saw shadows moving around at the house got dressed and went over.

Only to be confronted by the owner, who had obviously had too much to drink, and a bloke who obviously had a large set of beer googles on (he'ed need them with her).

She didn't even know what her alarm code was, she was that Censored ........... whilst walking back to my house 'he' managed to stop it by ripping it of the wall

Whilst this was going on nobody else even shouted to say keep the noise down, even the next door neighbour with kids of his own Shocked

Serves her right for been a Censored head Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14871 28th Feb 2008 10:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1