Home > Maintenance & Modifications > power point in boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

wildrover wrote:
Hi MB2,
ouch, that cutter certainly made some damage.
I'm planning to install a socket in the next few weeks. Before I start, is the position you installed yours the only place available due to what's behind the panel or can it be installed anywhere? I was thinking of putting mine on that sloping part below where you have yours or maybe closer to the tail-gate at the same height as yours. The sloping section might not be a good idea in case something moved in boot and hit the plug so the height you have installed at might be a safer option. Or being left handed, maybe on the right side. Some manufacturers install them on the right and some on the left so maybe it's something to do with keeping it away from the fuel nozzle side. Shouldn't be a problem with diesels.
Thanks...

I know...I was/as so Censored Censored
There's quite a bit of space behind the panel....so it could be mounted nearer the tailgate without any problems....

I *THINK* you would be OK on the sloped part directly below where I put mine, but CHECK BEHINDTHE PANEL 1st!!!! '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #10553 24th Nov 2007 7:53 am
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

mack wrote:
mburton2 wrote:
Power point added to the boot today. Pic included in my Gallary.

The Censored Pilot broke on the hole-cutter I was uing to go through the trim...managed to mnake some nasty looking gouge's Evil or Very Mad Embarassed which realy Censored me off!.. But its done.

I also increased the brightness of the dull lamp in the boot, by replaceing it with a high-power white LED bulb.
Hi MB , just wondered where did you get the LED for the boot light?

Hi Mack,

See my post a couple up (On page 1)... http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u36w6-39mm-cool...-1384.html is the bulb I bought, from this place... Smile '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #10554 24th Nov 2007 7:55 am
wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

Finally installed the socket in the boot. A couple of photos in my gallery.
There is plenty of room behind the sloping part of the side panel that can be drilled without the need to remove the side panel. The most time consuming part was connecting the supply wire. To make the job look as professional as possible, i used part of an in-line fuse holder cut down and with the supply wire soldered on, inserted it into location FD8 as the FD section is only used for the audio system so nothing too drastic should things go wrong. Out with the old (2007 SE)
In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #12278 29th Dec 2007 12:15 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Looking at MB2's pics of his powerpoint, does anybody know if the clip that is just inside the rear door of his car can be bought as a spare or accessory? It's just what I am looking for for in the boot of my Sport where there are NO hooks or cubbies, so any thing loose in there just slides around on the rubber boot mat. I also would like to fit one in the front passenger footwell as a "curryhook" for hanging takeaways............................ the Disco2 had one but the penny pinchers at LR have not fitted them to any car since that! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12287 29th Dec 2007 11:16 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Looking at MB2's pics of his powerpoint, does anybody know if the clip that is just inside the rear door of his car can be bought as a spare or accessory? It's just what I am looking for for in the boot of my Sport where there are NO hooks or cubbies, so any thing loose in there just slides around on the rubber boot mat. I also would like to fit one in the front passenger footwell as a "curryhook" for hanging takeaways............................ the Disco2 had one but the penny pinchers at LR have not fitted them to any car since that!

I beleive you can buy the hooks, i have secured the odd shopping bag to mine to stop tins rolling round the boot, but they are not very strong.

I would not hang a curry on one, my last Kia Sportage had a nice one, which folded away (push the bottom and the hook folded out) i keep meaning to see if these can be bought after market and see if i could locate one in the FL2 footwell, but my curry's/pizza/Chinese' are all delivered FREE so i have not got round to it yet Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12299 29th Dec 2007 6:07 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I have the Freelander1 luggage envelope and side nets from my old Td4. The envelope fitted into the back of my FFRR better than it fitted the TD4........................... the RRS doesn't have any hooks at all in the boot unlike the FFRR and F2 Sad Sad How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12303 29th Dec 2007 6:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12