Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR Admin. Never Known A Company So Useless!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
LR Admin. Never Known A Company So Useless!

Difficult to explain as it would take all night but the latest round of negotiations with the admin/relationship centre are no more than pathetic. 2 weeks ago I rang the normal administration dept & asked if there was anyone senior I could talk to regarding my car as all previous attempts with them & the dealers have resulted in nout.
I was asked several questions, one of which was have you taken it to the dealer? Yes several times & the result is complete waste of time as all is done is put on diagnostics & then no fault found & stuffed in car park then phone call to say please collect. They then asked if I had dealt with the relationship centre & again I said yes with no success other than one guy who was helpfull to a degree but still reached a dead end!!

Girl No1 said I will forward your issues & have a Customer Realionship MANAGER call you within 24 to 48 hours, I said I won't hold my breath on that one - just as well as I would be dead by now!!
Rang back 60+ hours later & same girl answered & told her no call & she said I will escallate call again & you will get a call later today (Friday week ago). Guess what - no call. Rang back & spoke to Girl No2 I think on the Friday late afternoon - she said you will get a call asap. Waited 3 days & got no call, now the admin dept in fairness deals mainly in Pre Sales but she then got her Manager to speak to me & was told again I would get a call & asked her to call me back to check I had recieved a call, now we are at last Friday & I got no call from the Customer Relationship Manager.
She then added that I would get a call on Monday (yesterday) & again I asked her if she would call to check = no calls at all this time. Rang this morning around 9.15 & she was in a meeting & would get back to me, I rang back at 17.15 & still in a meeting but was told it had now been handed to 2 Managers? & I would have a call by Friday LOL which will be not too short of 3 weeks waiting but I was then told to call on Monday if I didn't get the Friday call so I added I will speak to you on Monday then!!

In the meantime 2 weeks ago when I spoke to Girl 2 & she said I will escalate I had a call from the relationship centre but not from a manager but some clown who quite obviously doesn't want me to buy another product from LR as all he did was rubbish everything I had been told by the 2 girls & another guy from the relationship centre from around April till a few weeks ago & that guy said if you are not happy with the outcome re your phone system I will authorise LR to supply & fit a Parrat system in your car though when he said that I did say that I would prefer the car system fixed as if I were to sell the car with an aftermarket system they would think it odd given it has a factory unit Rolling Eyes Anyway the awkward guy said LR definatly would not fit that, I said that is what I was told & he said we would not have said that so I replied best you ask him as I am not lying. He said that is now the end of the matter (this guy was not a manager as promised) He then added if I wasn't happy call Trading Standards or the SMMC & reconed the customer service was very good & appologised if I thought it wasn't - what a complete c**k
The only other company I have known with so many excuses & messing about is BT as with them you also simply get a different story every single time you ring them up. I honestly don't know how they have any customers with this carry on it's like Fawlty Towers in a car factory & this is only one quote from a years worth of contacting!! Rolling with laughter
I havn't even written everything in this text re the last 2 or so weeks either. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #84280 14th Dec 2010 11:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

If you have a word with trading standards or indeed the company again then mention Section 13 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 which states as follows:

Implied term about care and skill.

In a contract for the supply of a service where the supplier is acting in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the supplier will carry out the service with reasonable care and skill.

Clearly they are not meeting the standard required by law Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #84284 15th Dec 2010 12:17 am
Past master

United Kingdom 

Try writing to your daily newspaper. Most of them (eg Guardian Money) have a page that will follow up really bad service experiences. And yours sounds really bad!

Post #84322 15th Dec 2010 4:48 pm
twodogs

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

EV after reading many of your post's it's very clear
that you are not at all happy with your Freelander,
so why not just get shut of it Question

Go to your local dealer (Different Make Very Happy )
and trade the bloody thing in.

You will be a happy puppy again.

After all, it's only money, happiness is
more important. Thumbs Up

Post #84324 15th Dec 2010 5:21 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I felt exactly the same as Exec. Valeter. My first LR had problems with it after a couple of months which took about 12 months to get sorted. Dealers were unhelpful, supplying dealer was a Censored , LR Customer Care were unbelievable rude and uninterested in my issues and I totally lost faith in both the vehicle and LR.

Thankfully persistance paid, the fault was finally rectified and I have since enjoyed many miles of happy motoring, so much so that I have ordered another. I must admit I was close to rejecting the vehicle under the sales of goods act but glad I stuck with it in the end.

In this day and age, customer care is of paramount importance, dont treat your customers right and you lose them - simple!! Times are hard so there isnt a queue of people out there to buy prestige luxury 4x4's.

Post #84327 15th Dec 2010 6:21 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

I sympathise, one week on from my initial request and i'm still waiting for a copy of LR's complaints procedure, or indeed confirmation that i've even asked for it.............they do have one I guess?

Post #84333 15th Dec 2010 7:35 pm
The Valeter

twodogs wrote:
EV after reading many of your post's it's very clear
that you are not at all happy with your Freelander,
so why not just get shut of it Question

Go to your local dealer (Different Make Very Happy )
and trade the bloody thing in.

You will be a happy puppy again.

After all, it's only money, happiness is
more important. Thumbs Up

Why do you put a smiley after different make, what are you implying? I don't want foreign stuff I want British! but the Brits don't seem interested in customer satisfaction.

I like the Freelander as I would not have bought it, it is the inibility of the dealers to do anything more indepth than simply plugging it in to a diagnostic machine & taking the info from that as being the Holy Grail. I know full well (as we had one at EMS) that a diagnostic unit will not find every fault & sometimes flags up non faults & doesn't register a known fault but try & explain this to Landrover & you may as well give up.

As stated I like the car but hate mine even if it was made perfect. I want shot of it & i want/expect a very decent deal on a 2011 Model year as until I get some sort of decent service I will be a thorn in their side!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #84394 16th Dec 2010 1:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

shilen wrote:
I felt exactly the same as Exec. Valeter. My first LR had problems with it after a couple of months which took about 12 months to get sorted. Dealers were unhelpful, supplying dealer was a Censored , LR Customer Care were unbelievable rude and uninterested in my issues and I totally lost faith in both the vehicle and LR.

Thankfully persistance paid, the fault was finally rectified and I have since enjoyed many miles of happy motoring, so much so that I have ordered another. I must admit I was close to rejecting the vehicle under the sales of goods act but glad I stuck with it in the end.

In this day and age, customer care is of paramount importance, dont treat your customers right and you lose them - simple!! Times are hard so there isnt a queue of people out there to buy prestige luxury 4x4's.

How long did you have to wait?

I have had mine since 28th November 2009 & have been complaining since Mid December 2009 & still got no where. This is why I am P****d off.

I spoke to Landrover Finance last week telling them what issues I had & would consider stopping paying the loan & being a financial institution I was talking too the typical financial instutution talk came out - You have a finance agreement which you signed & are liable for & we will take the goods then sell & persue for losses etc - NOT Oh sorry Sir your rights are ????
They then said they would send a questionaire about my concerns, guess what I havn't recieved it LOL Bow down (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #84395 16th Dec 2010 1:41 am
athelstan

EV have you ever written to LR with your complaint(s)?
And did you give them in writing ar easonable deadline by which they had to respond?

If not you'd better do so promptly because if you wish to pursue this with the aid of a third party then the first question they will ask you is for a copy of your written complaint.

Only documented issues will result in action - telephone contact and conversations (unless you have recorded them) are only hearsay.

Good Luck.

Post #84413 16th Dec 2010 11:15 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

EV, on reading your original post it took me back to my conversations with Land Rover, and also it reminded me of the reason why I took the difficult decision to get rid of the car and buy something else. Trust me on this, I cannot afford the £4K it has cost me to change cars, but there is no way I was going to give any more of my time and money to Land Rover.

I appreciate the sentiment, that you want to buy British, but they aren't are they. The company is owned by Tata and the car was designed by Ford.

The fact of the matter is, you have a car with a problem that Land Rover are not prepared to acknowledge. They are not prepared to acknowledge it because they know that the cost to them to repair will mean that it is easier for them to walk away from it until the problem goes away (warranty runs out) or you sell the car.

I should have fought it with Land Rover regarding the vibration issue with my car, and I would have, had I not had a very long conversation with Druand about the problem, exactly the same as mine, that he had with his car.

Let me make this perfectly clear, and I hope that there is a Land Rover lawyer or someone with some clout reading this.

Land Rover UK couldn't give a s Censored t about you as a customer. They could give a s Censored t if you are happy or not with their product. They are, without exception, the biggest bunch of w Censored s I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. The Customer relations department is filled with people who are trained to say, in a very understanding tone, "We are sorry Mr/Mrs X, we understand that you are unhappy, but there is really nothing else that we can do" (repeat, change some of the words around)

Be in no doubt at all, and ANYONE who is thinking of buying a Freelander, Discovery or Range Rover, if you have a problem with the car that cannot be fixed by the dealer, LAND ROVER WILL WALK AWAY FROM THE PROBLEM AND THE DEALERS WILL BE POWERLESS TO ASSIST. Don't think that they won't. Don't think that you have the staying power and will grind them down. They will throw a wall of Bull Censored t at you so thick, that will finish with a Regional Technical Manager driving your car, sigining it off as being "within parameters" and then you are f Censored d.

No sour grapes. I just want to be certain that everyone know exactly what they are potentially buying. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #84446 16th Dec 2010 3:06 pm
twodogs

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Land Rover are not British and have not been for a long time.

Manufactured in England but not a British company.

I have had 9 Land Rovers since I
was 17 and never had a problem with the vehicles, the dealer
or Land Rover. I must be lucky !!!!!!

I purchased a very expensive Audi around 18 months ago and
have had nothing but problems with rude Audi dealers, it's not just
Land Rover.

I can not understand why someone so unhappy with a
vehicle just dosn't get shut of it....

Remember the Ken Dodd song.

Post #84448 16th Dec 2010 3:21 pm
EYorkshire

twodogs wrote:

Remember the Ken Dodd song.

I remember that one.........."Happiness" Laughing

Post #84450 16th Dec 2010 3:41 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

twodogs wrote:

I have had 9 Land Rovers since I
was 17 and never had a problem with the vehicles, the dealer
or Land Rover. I must be lucky !!!!!!

Nope, I think that I was unlucky. My Dad had Disco's and Range Rovers and never had any problem with them at all. (Well the gearbox failed on one of the Range Rovers, but it was replaced) There are a lot of people on this forum that are delighted with their vehicles and that is great. I never had any issues with the dealers. Marshall in Cambridge were brilliant and if it was down to them, they would have tried to fix the car. Land Rover stopped them. Land Rover said that there was nothing wrong with the car and that, is crap.

My wife has a Honda. The car is bullet proof. Our local Honda dealer are the biggest bunch of incompetent tossers that I have ever had the misfortune to work with. The local BMW garage is an interesting one. Some people say that they are tossers others that they are brilliant.

(As it happens, I've bought an Audi, so we will wait and see, but first impressions of the garage are there will be no issues from them either)

I have been driving cars for about 25 years. I have been fortunate enough, due to them being Company cars to be able for about 20 of those years to drive new cars. I have needed at times to call on warranties. Gearbox issues on a Rover, Bluetooth phone issues on a BMW, Bearing on my Smax. I have never experienced the total disregard for customer service that Land Rover demonstrated. Not the dealer, Land rover. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #84457 16th Dec 2010 5:04 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

Land Rover UK couldn't give a s Censored t about you as a customer. They could give a s Censored t if you are happy or not with their product. They are, without exception, the biggest bunch of w Censored s I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. The Customer relations department is filled with people who are trained to say, in a very understanding tone, "We are sorry Mr/Mrs X, we understand that you are unhappy, but there is really nothing else that we can do" (repeat, change some of the words around)

Sadly I have to agree with this as it's absolutely spot on.............

When speaking to CR's a girl by the name of Alison pretty much said word for word as above...when I persisted and asked what would she do in my position having had a genuine LR dealer admit to investigating a noise on two seperate occasions prior to suffering a major failure in the diff, she uttered the very same sentence again, it was utterly unbelievable. I have since sent two e mails requesting a copy of their complaints procedure but my inbox is strangely empty in respect to this. The second dealer, (both head tech' and service manager btw) of the dealership I am having do the work for me now has openly admitted I shouldn't be paying a penny for either parts or labour, stating 'we're hearing this a lot lately and it shouldn't happen' Some dealerships are keen to help out, others are less so, customer relations on the other hand are complete and utter r-soles who must read off of a script and, I dare say, get paid well to fob people off, genuine complaint or not.

Great car, very poor after sales, still my projected bill has dropped from approx £1500 to approx £4-500 if all goes well so it won't hurt as much as first thought. If anyone finds out a name and contact address of the top man, please let me know, according to CR's their decision is 'final'

Post #84602 17th Dec 2010 10:01 pm
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I wonder if our friends at Lookers have a view on this / can escalate on behalf of the Brand? The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #84604 17th Dec 2010 10:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>