Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR Admin. Never Known A Company So Useless!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

EV: I guess your reply from the LR head man should read like this:

LandRover एक बहुत अच्छी कार है और हम सम्मान करते हैं और tresure कहां ग्राहक. हम अपने ग्राहकों को खुश रखने के लिए आवश्यक सब कुछ करेंगे. बस मुझे आपकी शिकायतों की एक सूची भेजने के लिए और मैं personaly देखेंगे कि वे बाहर हल कर रहे हैं जितनी जल्दी हो सके. यदि आप रिपोर्ट समस्याओं का कोई हल असफल हो, हम एक नए ब्रांड के साथ वाहन की जगह लेगा. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #84607 17th Dec 2010 10:41 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

twodogs wrote:

I can not understand why someone so unhappy with a
vehicle just dosn't get shut of it....

Remember the Ken Dodd song.

For some of us it isn't as easy as simply getting shut (or shot) of it cos of finance outstanding etc. If one has plenty of money in the bank then that helps - I have not!

Landrover is a British Company but it's parent company is not though that is pretty much like everything else in our land! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #84608 17th Dec 2010 10:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Xttattsbox is 100% correct in his reply. I said exactly that to them today that once you have bought the product they are simply not interested.

I rang them on Tuesday & spoke to a guy called Harry & asked if Morag who was dealing with me last week was available, she is a manager of the pre-sales (admin) dept. She was in a meeting. I said to Harry can she call me back today & was told yes - she did not. I also said that she said to me that one of two or both customer services managers would call me & his reply was if they said they would call you they will definately call you & I replied I doubt it as they never have yet & I have waited 2 weeks so far.

I called again at 9.15 this morning & Morag was in a meeting (again) & was told she would call me during the day. I rang back at 16.50 to ask for Morag who I was told had just gone to see her manager & would definately call me in 15 minutes (Five Past Five) ish. I rang back at 17.45 as no call & Harry answered the phone. I reminded him as to what he told me on Tuesday & said I told you so!!
He couldn't find Morag and assumed she had gone home. I then said to him "are you recording this call?" He said "Yes". I said "Good perhaps you can learn from this then as I have never known a company as hopeless as Landrover,I thaught BT were bad but you LR take the biscuit, I added that I am so fed up with your excuses that I may as well phone Anne Robinson from BBC Watchdog & see if she can sort you lot out as your customer service is simply crap or rather non existent".

Yes I was asked last week if I wanted to put it into writing but I replied it will take me a week to write it lol. i guess I may have to but who to send it to & I would imagine that it would need to be sent by recorded delivery as they will probably lose it conveniently.

To add to this Morag told me last week that she would speak to my dealer as I said I like the car but hate mine, even if it was sorted & added that the 2011 model has 99% of the items added that I wanted on my 2010 model which wasnt at that time available which in its-self still annoys me! I got the impression that LR may assist in upgrading me Rolling with laughter
Anyway I rang the Sales Manager on Wednesday & asked if he had recieved a call from LR about this subject & guess what his answer was. He also replied that within the last 18 months to 2 years LR have pretty much washed their hands of any assistance & is down to the dealer to sort it. This IMO is whowly wrong as the dealer only supplies it not builds it! Censored (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #84609 17th Dec 2010 11:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Colin Green
Landrover UK
Banbury Road,
Gaydon,
Warwickshire,
CV35 ORR,

MDs address at Head Office if of any interest The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #84613 17th Dec 2010 11:36 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

mattbridge wrote:
Colin Green
Landrover UK
Banbury Road,
Gaydon,
Warwickshire,
CV35 ORR,

MDs address at Head Office if of any interest

Thumbs Up ........I've nothing to lose in penning a letter, I hold out little to no hope after the robotic responses i've already had but you never know.

Post #84620 18th Dec 2010 12:18 am
mattbridge

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

make sure you CC it to your dealer and whomever you have been e-mailing etc at LR customer "care" to see if it helps them change their approach The missus - SD4 HSE - Black - 2012
Me - BMW 330d Saloon - Black - 2011

Post #84621 18th Dec 2010 12:26 am
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

mattbridge wrote:
make sure you CC it to your dealer and whomever you have been e-mailing etc at LR customer "care" to see if it helps them change their approach

If the letter i've just wrote doesn't elicit a response, nothing will Laughing , I will assume they are all dead from the neck up and be done with them. I'll keep the car and not 'get shot' of it, I like it....I just cannot comprehend the responses or lack of that i've recieved. Thanks again for the address we'll see what occurs Thumbs Up

Post #84622 18th Dec 2010 1:55 am
Junior

England 

Send this Colin Green character an email with a link to this thread Thumbs Up

Post #84704 18th Dec 2010 10:33 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I put my complaint in writing to LR. Utter waste of ink. They were not prepared to assist me in any way shape or form.. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #84769 19th Dec 2010 7:30 pm
The Valeter

Junior wrote:
Send this Colin Green character an email with a link to this thread Thumbs Up

Sounds like a plan!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #84774 19th Dec 2010 7:58 pm
The Valeter

xtattsbox wrote:
I put my complaint in writing to LR. Utter waste of ink. They were not prepared to assist me in any way shape or form..

Sounds like the title of this thread is very APT then!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #84775 19th Dec 2010 7:59 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Isn't your contract with the supplying dealer though and not Land Rover?

Threaten the dealer with sales of goods act?

Post #84784 19th Dec 2010 8:54 pm
The Valeter

richardk wrote:
Isn't your contract with the supplying dealer though and not Land Rover?

Threaten the dealer with sales of goods act?

Don't really know how it works TBH as the dealer only sells the product whereas LR builds it so therefore really should take responsibility though the dealers could spend more time in searching for faults rather than simply plugging in the diagnostics & saying they can't (be bothered) to find a fault. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #84786 19th Dec 2010 8:59 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

If you buy 'white goods' from a well known electrical store your contract is with the store and not the manufacturer. I would therefore assume the same applies here, your contract is with the Dealer, you paid the Dealer not Land Rover and therefore it is up to the Dealer to rectify the problem.

Post #84790 19th Dec 2010 9:42 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

rchrdleigh wrote:
If you buy 'white goods' from a well known electrical store your contract is with the store and not the manufacturer. I would therefore assume the same applies here, your contract is with the Dealer, you paid the Dealer not Land Rover and therefore it is up to the Dealer to rectify the problem.

Indeed correct!

Often when buying goods you don't know who the manufacturer is anyway (small goods/food/own labels etc)

EV can only seek redress through the dealer who he had a contract of sale with. But of course the dealer would have been happy for EV to go to LR...passes the buck doesn't it?

Here's honest John's view

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights

Post #84792 19th Dec 2010 10:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>