Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR Admin. Never Known A Company So Useless!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Junior

England 

rchrdleigh wrote:
If you buy 'white goods' from a well known electrical store your contract is with the store and not the manufacturer. I would therefore assume the same applies here, your contract is with the Dealer, you paid the Dealer not Land Rover and therefore it is up to the Dealer to rectify the problem.

Not sure, but there may be a difference as the paper work of the dealer has L/R on it as does the showroom???
Currys doesn't have an hotpoint logo on the front?

Post #84808 20th Dec 2010 1:36 am
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Junior wrote:
rchrdleigh wrote:
If you buy 'white goods' from a well known electrical store your contract is with the store and not the manufacturer. I would therefore assume the same applies here, your contract is with the Dealer, you paid the Dealer not Land Rover and therefore it is up to the Dealer to rectify the problem.

Not sure, but there may be a difference as the paper work of the dealer has L/R on it as does the showroom???
Currys doesn't have an hotpoint logo on the front?

No that won't make any difference..the invoice may have LR logos on it but if you look at the small print the contract will be with XXXXXXXXX Garages Ltd.

Land Rover did not sell you the car...the dealer did.

It's no diffent to going into John Lewis and buying a sofa...you find it falls apart (unlilkey if it's from JLP)...you ring John lewis and they sort it. You may have no idea who the original manufacturer is.

The only legal contract in place is between the customer and the garage! (Other than the one between LR and the dealer of course)

Post #84881 20th Dec 2010 6:20 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The issue is the way that sale of goods applies to cars. If you have owned the car for more than 6 months then the burden of proof is with the customer. ie you have to be able to prove the problem was there when you bought the car. With mine I had the car for about 6 months until the problem started. It would be difficult to prove that "it wasn't me" So you are left with the manufacturers warranty and this is where bull starts.

Truth is if you have a problem, you are going to be stuck with it... Unless you sell it... My chosen solution.. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #84884 20th Dec 2010 6:48 pm
dunroof

I grant you the sales contract is with the LR garage, but the warranty, which is an entirely a different matter, is supplied and administrated by LR. it's them the dealers phone to authorise any warranty work, therefore I'd suggest it isn't as black and white as your contract is with the garage. I mean what would happen if the garage you purchased from, went out of business? Your warranty wouldn't end.

Personally I am not impressed with any of the LR dealers I've come across OR LR themselves. They all make sympathetic noises, but thats about it. If the quodos of LR ever diminishes and in time it might well do, the company might as well switch off the lights, lock the door and go home.

Post #84888 20th Dec 2010 7:42 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I've had good experiences with some LR Dealers in various parts of the Country and also bad experiences with others. The best experiences have been from Dealers who know I probably won't buy from them but will use them for Service and Warranty and that doesn't seem to matter to them. Others I agree couldn't care less about customer service and will rip you off at every opportunity - they only do it once before I take my custom elsewhere.

Post #84909 20th Dec 2010 9:31 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Well no one got back to me late Friday PM & the guy said that Morag had obviously gone home & would be asked to call Monday AM. I rang this morning & they didn't know where she was so they said they would send a Blackberry email to her to call me, never got a call & I called back at teatime & told exactly the same so I asked who I was to write to & don't say Customer Relations as I have been told that they would call me back more times than I had bought Lottery tickets since 1994 Rolling with laughter

I sugested that perhaps it may be worth writing to Gerry Mc'Govern!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #84935 20th Dec 2010 11:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

EV I totally understand your problems. They are not better in export markets either. The vibration issue of mine is in the hands of my lawyer now and they are still not reacting promptly. I will see what I can do by sueing them.

Responsibilty wise here in Turkey the Importer and the Dealer are both responsible legally. You should better seek the advice of a lawyer as well, but I doubt that LR can ditch away by dumping the responsibilty to dealers.

Some suggest to sell the car, but after all these problems of replacing parts (on mine), poor driving becasue of vibration, what happens to resale value and my loss because of it? 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #84970 21st Dec 2010 11:07 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123