« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > ACPO Speeding Guidelines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
ACPO Speeding Guidelines

Interesting poster refering to Kent & Medway guidelines for speed cameras.

Click image to enlarge
 FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #63478 13th Mar 2010 9:37 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Nice to know, as i see them regularly on the A249 going to Sheppy. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63483 13th Mar 2010 10:32 pm
ad210358

England 

Shame that the same guidelines were not in force near me, I was taxed for 34 in a 30 Evil or Very Mad p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63484 13th Mar 2010 10:38 pm
Junior

England 

If you keep within the speed limits you won't have any problems Thumbs Up

Post #63485 13th Mar 2010 10:48 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Junior wrote:

I do agree with this however it is nice to see that they are allowing for those who wander over a bit. I always stick to 40 on A roads in the HGV, the legal limit but I recieve huge amounts of abuse from car drivers for not speeding. I bet it would be different if I was doing 50 and rear ended their family car. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63487 13th Mar 2010 11:01 pm
ad210358

England 

Junior wrote:

Lane discipline is good and not having B Censored Foglights on when its raining is another oh to be perfect. Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63490 13th Mar 2010 11:18 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Keyword on the poster...

GUIDELINES

If they feel that way out then they will do you within the first column threshold.

I heard about a fella on a bike that was accused of doing 80 - something in a 60 by a camera. After obtaining the images he proved he was doing 64, but had to convince the courts that the Police were wrong and this was infact the speed he was doing.

Big mistake. Cue £60 fine, 3 points, and a good couple hundred quid in court costs (I can't remember the exact amount, but it started with a 2!) The reason? He supplied evidence he was exceeding the 60mph limit. Had he stuck with the original prosecution, he would have had a standard £60 fine and 3 points.

All police forces work with them 'guidelines' but some choose to ignore. I also got stopped for a 'quiet word' for doing 31 in a 30 a couple of months back, to say I was 'put out' was an understatement. Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #63492 14th Mar 2010 12:21 am
Junior

England 

ad210358 wrote:

Lane discipline is good and not having B Censored Foglights on when its raining is another oh to be perfect. Thumbs Up

Zero Points on my licence, in fact never had any in 40 years Thumbs Up How many have you got? Rolling with laughter

Post #63494 14th Mar 2010 1:11 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Junior, self styled forum policeman and now traffic policeman Laughing

clean licence here too

In the past I got 3 points for going through a roadworks red light at 11pm on a deserted country road, and bizarrely a speed camera got me while I was in a traffic jam - I was driving to the footy and while stationary tried tuning in to the local radio to get the pre match reports, looked up and the traffic had moved on , so feeling daft I promptly closed the gap and managed to get zapped by a camera that wasn't there last time I drove through. golf diesels are quite fast nowadays Laughing
Also once got 3 points for sticking the L plate on the front mud guard of my suzuki 50 instead of mounting it vertically. So I ended up with the only suzuki 50 with a vertically mounted L plate in the whole of Yorkshire, everyone else's seemed to be stuck on differently to mine Rolling Eyes . I did 12,000 miles in 18 month on that bike that's at 35 mph - well 45 mph for two months before the tune up cooked the engine Confused At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63498 14th Mar 2010 8:25 am
ad210358

England 

Junior wrote:
ad210358 wrote:

Lane discipline is good and not having B Censored Foglights on when its raining is another oh to be perfect. Thumbs Up

Zero Points on my licence, in fact never had any in 40 years Thumbs Up How many have you got? Rolling with laughter

None actually, I explained that I accelerated to get past a Kia in the middle lane with his rear fog on which were dazzling other road users, then has the nerve to keep touching his brakes instead of pulling over to the empty lane Whistle p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63511 14th Mar 2010 11:40 am
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I got 6 points in one go for speeding...I'll admit, I was being a prat. Although my boss did give me an ultimatum which went along the lines of "If you haven't finished by 5 then you won't be woorking again"

me. "behave I've got no chance!"
her. "Just watch"

Luckily the judge believed me, and didn't believe all the police report so got a relatively small fine.

I learnt the hard way, haven't been done since, excpet for said 'chat' for 1mph over the limit Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #63522 14th Mar 2010 1:45 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ad210358 wrote:
Junior wrote:
ad210358 wrote:

None actually, I explained that I accelerated to get past a Kia in the middle lane with his rear fog on which were dazzling other road users, then has the nerve to keep touching his brakes instead of pulling over to the empty lane Whistle

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Good one - I think that most German manufactured cars here in the UK have foglights as a replacement to indicators Laughing

Post #63545 14th Mar 2010 5:50 pm
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Just got my licence back for 84 in a 50. Embarassed had a clean licence for the last 8 years and the only accident I have ever been involved in was when I was rear ended by a unmarked police car 20 years ago Rolling with laughter
Given a Disco HSE while having warranty work done and didn't appreciate the speed because it was so quite.
Clean licence before but got a 6 month ban which I felt was very unfair. Solicitor F Censored ked up the appeal and didn't tell me that for two months I could have been driving. Mad
The strange thing is that after I got the licence back my insurance was £20 cheaper.
I am very carful about the speed now.

Post #63577 14th Mar 2010 10:18 pm
Junior

England 

At least you've learnt your lesson, Thumbs Up Unlike these reckless speed demons on here Shocked

Post #63578 14th Mar 2010 10:23 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

That's like the pretty standard add 10% + 2 mph. Only difference I've ever heard of is from a coppers mouth that the CC of Wiltshire says "dont bother until over 80 in a 70". We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #63580 14th Mar 2010 10:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>