Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > ACPO Speeding Guidelines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

yes Thumbs Up they recently locked up our local arsonist for 18 mths, he was suspect of burning down my barn , and proven to have started many other fires At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63734 16th Mar 2010 12:49 am
Junior

England 

Local arsonist-The Lazy Censored couldn't be bothered to travel to set his fires Laughing

Post #63735 16th Mar 2010 1:04 am
Carnoch

Yes, not a lot of time for the Filth - until we are needing them?

That doen't justify their moraly corrupt attitude. Thats an excuse! We deserve a lot better than we are getting, thats for sure. Not some elitist force that thinks it's above the law and answerable to no one. Perhaps time and experiemce is jading me, but I've seen too much of what goes on to have any respect for them and I am not holding my breath if I ever have to lift a phone to call them. It's a complete joke!

Post #63737 16th Mar 2010 3:13 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Carnoch wrote:

I personally haven't got time for the Filth, I find them morally corrupt and above the law, but thats just an opinion.
+
Yes, not a lot of time for the Filth - until we are needing them?

That doen't justify their moraly corrupt attitude. Thats an excuse! We deserve a lot better than we are getting, thats for sure. Not some elitist force that thinks it's above the law and answerable to no one. Perhaps time and experiemce is jading me, but I've seen too much of what goes on to have any respect for them and I am not holding my breath if I ever have to lift a phone to call them. It's a complete joke!

Agree Thumbs Up , but as flycop, says we need them even if we don’t like them. Have also had several laughable episodes at the local “Gamle Bill” house, who in general seem uninterested in trivial crimes, but are pretty effective when preventing or when a serious crime does occur. I would rather have what we do have today, than an alternative whatever that may be. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #63743 16th Mar 2010 8:18 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Junior wrote:
Local arsonist-The Lazy Censored couldn't be bothered to travel to set his fires Laughing

he only had a bike At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63745 16th Mar 2010 9:05 am
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

xtattsbox wrote:
I've turned into a bit of a retard about speed.

Car drinks diesel. Go easy on throttle to reduce diesel eating. Seems to work.

What is the error on the Freely speedo anyway. Most cars I've driven with Sat Nav speedo need to be driven at between 75-77 mph for the Sat Nav to read 70.

Once I checked with my garmin satnav and when its showing 70, FL2 speedo was just past 75 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #63748 16th Mar 2010 9:23 am
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Before my little incident I would have been as helpful and co-operative as I could. Now unless it has anything to do with my family they can all got to h Censored l.

I will look after my own!

Post #63767 16th Mar 2010 12:07 pm
Carnoch

I have to agree Simon. I am afraid, the comment 'until we need them' doesn't wash. You can't justify the unjustifiable. At one time i'd have stuck up for them, but not any more and it's not down to a single incident, it's a general observation. They are absolutely lousy in how and what they do. It needs a real shake up with sackings at the top and a clear out at the bottom. They are complacent, nepotismistic, egocentric, sicophantic morons!

Post #63770 16th Mar 2010 12:16 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Firstly you only need to travel a little to see how lucky we are to have the police service we have when compared to other nations police.

Secondly the current conditions that the modern police service have placed on it, whereby everything is measured against targets, which by their very nature encourages resource into specific areas and discourages the old style policing techniques which are hard to measure but actually provide the service the community wants from its police.

Lastly when dealing with police, the courts or anything within the legal system trying to fight the system is fast track to disappointment but working with the system usually produces an acceptable result. 

Post #63774 16th Mar 2010 12:48 pm
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

christian138 wrote:

Lastly when dealing with police, the courts or anything within the legal system trying to fight the system is fast track to disappointment but working with the system usually produces an acceptable result.

Christian
I disagree entirely. as stated previously I have a written and verbal communication issue that I have no embarassment about and when stress, as you will appreciate dealing with courts and police is very stressful, becomes significantly worse to the point where I cannot process the information I am receiveing and therefore how I should respond. I have been in a court before where the poilce surgeon confirmed to the court that I would require a psycologist to assist me.
I am fully aware that I can appear to be arrogant or stubborn and I put this in writing to the court but it was totally ignored and because I spoke, quite normally, it was assumed, incorrectly, that there was nothing wrong with me despite providing the court with a medical report to the contrary.
I have limited delings with the police and intend to keep it that way but when i explained to both the court and the police my condition the contempt I received was astounding. The police officer that pulled me over got so upset that he informed DVLA that I could not read the roadsigns of or the instruments in my car.
The police are in gereral ignorant, would apologise to police on this website, of my condition and make no effort to understand. It is nothing to do with intellegence as I am a Chartered Architect with my own practice.
I was not trying to fight the system I was merely trying to access it.

Post #63869 16th Mar 2010 10:22 pm
Carnoch

I think we can get too protective over the Police. It stems from our old stereotypes of Dixon of Dockgreen and a Policemans lot is not a happy one.

Today, they say they are professional and accountable. I'd question the first and say they are certainly not accountable.

The Forces have merely learnt to go with the flow. To pay lip service to equal oportunities, sexual, ethnic and racial descrimination, even physically challenged or mood or temprement complexities etc. They speil out Mission Statements, without actually understanding it or the document having any effect. It's like teaching a pet poodle to stand on it's hind legs. They will do it, but don't know why.

We demand lot of our Police and rightly so. There should be no room for complacency. They Police by consent. They serve us. We should not tolerate any deviation from the straight and narrow. If we do, we actually demean the service. I stand by what I said. clear the rubbish from both the top and bottom. Rant over!

Post #63873 16th Mar 2010 10:42 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I agree with some comments and 100% disagree with other comments. Unless you work in law enforcement you will not fully undestand the 'red tape' and hoops you have to jump through to get a conviction. The ECHR (The criminals charter) in my opinion has made life easy for the criminal. The criminal has more rights than joe public? e.g. A prisoner tries to escape by climbing a security fence, a guard throws a stone and the prisoner falls off the fence and hurts his leg. Prisoner gets £25,000 compenation.

Steal a motor cycle in my local force and race around how the hell you like and the police will not pursue because if the cyclist crashes and kills himself or someone else its the fault of the police! because they tried to follow and caused the motor cyclist to go faster and crash in an effort to escape? The same happens with stolen vehicles, if you drive very dangerously? the pursuit will be called off.

"To pay lip service to equal oportunities, sexual, ethnic and racial descrimination, even physically challenged "

This comment could not be further from the truth, The police service goes over the top in this to the stage where it discriminates everybody else. My local force was flying the Gay rights flag infront of its HQ to show how it supported the movement. It holds open days to recruit people from ethnic backgrounds. It has a womans police officers forum. These are to name but a few.

Police resources are getting reduced every year due to finacial cutbacks and calls are now being graded.

I also agree that there is rubbish at the top and bottom of the ranks and it should be easier to sack a incompetant or corrupt officer.

How many readers on this forum have witnessed a person being assaulted and walked on by as It's got nothing to do with me" or seen somone lying on the road and called the police as "It's got nothing to do with me" and then walked on by or witnessed a crime and never even called the police as "It's got nothing to do with me"

If you have got involved, WELL DONE Very Happy

Post #63880 17th Mar 2010 1:32 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Don’t get involved – walk on bye it’s safer

My son and his “friend” verbally tried to stop a man from beating up a woman across the street from the pub car park where they were having a smoke, the couple turned on my son and his friend. The ensuing fight ended up with the woman dead – driven over by my sons friend.
We called the police, they arrived several hours later and arrested my son for murder despite over 30 witnesses to the contrary. Arresting officer “we know he didn’t do it, but failing all else we will pin it on him, someone has to stand trial”. 12 months later the case for the prosecution fell apart in the magistrates court, the longest 12 months of my life. If no one had got involved the woman would probably still be alive (beaten but alive), her kids would still have a mother, and our sons friend would have gone to prison.

I had previously seen a similar incident, called the police, no one turned up for over an hour, by which time the “participants” had both left.
Not a rant at the police in particular, there are good and bad in all walks of life. When things go right no-one remembers, when they go wrong it’s always remembered.

Sorry, rant over.

When it comes to speeding, unfortunately the law is an absolute, break the speed limit and the system is able to tax you. Personally I would rather have a calibrated camera on a pole rather than some smarmy kid in uniform on a power trip – oops another rant.
Must have got out of bed the wrong side Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #63882 17th Mar 2010 8:19 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Udash wrote:
xtattsbox wrote:
I've turned into a bit of a retard about speed.

Car drinks diesel. Go easy on throttle to reduce diesel eating. Seems to work.

What is the error on the Freely speedo anyway. Most cars I've driven with Sat Nav speedo need to be driven at between 75-77 mph for the Sat Nav to read 70.

Once I checked with my garmin satnav and when its showing 70, FL2 speedo was just past 75

Cheers, always worth knowing. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #63884 17th Mar 2010 9:34 am
Carnoch

I hear what your saying, but unfortunately the ECHR are here to stay and everyone is effected. Yes, it will have some effect on the Police, but like most things, they have to adapt. The ECHR are okay in theory, it's just the interpertation that applied to them, which is born out by muppets within organisations and muppets deciding case law.

Your example of someone chucking a stone at a prisoner isn't the best. In honesty that act could be considered reckless although I accept the prisoner is trying to act unlawfully by running away.

Likewise the Police pursuit. common sense says that if by chasing a stolen car, it accelerates away and thereby potentially causes danger to other road users, then the pursuit should be called off. Imagine trying to explain to a mother that her child is now dead because you were chasing a stolen vehicle? Besides which, all Forces have protocols for pursuits. Their Control Room co-ordinates and oversees, no one pursues unless a traffic driver and qualified/trained etc.

Yes, I still stick to Lip Service. Your Force may well stick up a Gay Rights Flag, but it's all for show. There is fundamental institutional discrimination in the Police and all the sticking plasters in the world won't cure that.

Yes, sack officer top and bottom. It should be made easier. I've seen plenty of cases in the paper where a cop has been suspended for a crime. 2 or more years later it goes to trial, found guilty and then we have to wait for the Professional Standards to have a cup of tea and a crap before they bring a case before the DCC and acutally sack someone. Whats a PC on? 35k a year, so by the time he's gone down the job centre, he had cost the tax payer 70k to 100k! Legally there is nothing to stop DCC's sacking PC's before the court case, despite the pleas of pre judging the case. If it were a civilian member of staff thats what would happen. How can we have faith in a system like that, a system that refuses to change?

As for walking on by. No, I wouldn't and haven't, but not the most sensible thing to do and I understand why people would. That said, if by helping someone I get jailed, I'd rather not, but so be it. I could live with that, but not by walking off, but thats just me.

Post #63893 17th Mar 2010 11:36 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>