Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > ACPO Speeding Guidelines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Basically exceeding the speed limit enters you for the 'attitude test' be gobby at you own risk! Polite and apologetic wins every time 

Post #63594 14th Mar 2010 11:36 pm
ad210358

England 

Only problem is Christian it makes no difference if your gobby or not to a camera which most motorists are caught by. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63595 14th Mar 2010 11:39 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Junior wrote:
At least you've learnt your lesson, Thumbs Up Unlike these reckless speed demons on here Shocked

where? we drive fl2s not sports cars, Id rather a car driven fastish by an attentive driver, than a slow car with a day dreaming old duffer at the wheel At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63597 14th Mar 2010 11:47 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

chicken george wrote:

where? we drive fl2s not sports cars, Id rather a car driven fastish by an attentive driver, than a slow car with a day dreaming old duffer at the wheel

Stop picking on AndyC Rolling with laughter 

Post #63601 14th Mar 2010 11:55 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

christian138 wrote:
chicken george wrote:

where? we drive fl2s not sports cars, Id rather a car driven fastish by an attentive driver, than a slow car with a day dreaming old duffer at the wheel

He's not allowed to drive Mrs C has to chauffeur him. I'm sure I saw Andy on TV this week , some food critic in commoners houses program? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63605 14th Mar 2010 11:59 pm
Junior

England 

chicken george wrote:
Junior wrote:
At least you've learnt your lesson, Thumbs Up Unlike these reckless speed demons on here Shocked

I Hope you're not referring to me MR George, Firstly show some respect to your elders and secondly whilst behind the wheel of which in the wrong hands could be regarded as a loaded gun, I actually drive at the speed limit not slow and I am attentive, alert & fully aware of the traffic around me, Whats more with all my many years of driving experience and an UMBLEMISHED driving record I think I should be afforded the respect my driving style deserves as it has helped me to achieve such an UNBLEMSHED driving history.

As for a Freelander not being a sports car-It can still reach dangerous speeds and with the weight behind it, any impact could be devastating on Life OR Property so please stop trying to justify breaking the speed limit which is there for a very good reason. Thumbs Up

Post #63610 15th Mar 2010 1:20 am
Carnoch

ACPO or ACPOS, as we have here, guidelines are just that. Each force has it's own criteria as well as discretion that can be shown. Up north, it's 10mph and over the limit is a Fixed penalty of 60 quid and 3 points. However, the 20 zones are more rigourously enforced, fixed penalty at 23mph, court at 27mph. Also in a 60 zone, if you are doping 75 or over and in a 70, if you are doing 85 or over, it's straight to court and no fixed penalty. Oh, and if you get court on the same day, but speeding at a different locus, you might get two lots of points, but they don't tot up. Points are valid 3 years, but show 4 years on your licence before you can apply to have them removed.

Some of the latitudes other forces give you is crap. Lawfully, over 10mph, the speedo can be plus or minus 10%, so the Filth steers clear of anything like that. Plus both the operator and observer of Vascar, the Speed Gun etc have to be trained, certificed etc or it aint valid. Amazing how many of the Filth ain't trained! Oh, also ask for the machines certificate of accuracy, a yearly thing, that always annoys them. Again, a busy traffic office, chances are it wont have been sent off to the manufactures on time. I could go on, but must away to bed, early morning service for the FL2.

Post #63616 15th Mar 2010 2:15 am
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Thud 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #63620 15th Mar 2010 9:07 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
christian138 wrote:
chicken george wrote:

He's not allowed to drive Mrs C has to chauffeur him. I'm sure I saw Andy on TV this week , some food critic in commoners houses program?

Mr. Green slow driving, yes of course here in speed cautious Norway and in the fantastic mountain areas who would want to floor it Rolling Eyes

Eat your hearts out you couple of urban numb-skulls Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #63626 15th Mar 2010 9:30 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I've turned into a bit of a retard about speed.

Car drinks diesel. Go easy on throttle to reduce diesel eating. Seems to work.

What is the error on the Freely speedo anyway. Most cars I've driven with Sat Nav speedo need to be driven at between 75-77 mph for the Sat Nav to read 70. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #63642 15th Mar 2010 12:17 pm
Carnoch

We wouldn't buy a FL23 for speed thats for sure. I suppose the point is the Filths propensity to hound soft targets. In honesty, we probably all unwhittingly exceed the speed limit by the odd bit here and there. I think we know stretches of road where the placing on an inappropriate speed limit is the norm or the limits change half a dozen times within a short distance. To the Filth, it's just a game and numbers count.

Post #63643 15th Mar 2010 12:23 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Regarding Vascar, hand held radar calibration. Roads poicing vehicles have their speedo checked once per week and recorded in a file, I think you will find that nearly every force in the country will now keep accurate records of the vehicle checks. The hand held radar guns have built in self checks which only take seconds to carryout, this should be done before you use the gun and recorded in your notebook or PDA. The laser type gun can also be checked against a target set at a fixed distance, this is best practice if using a this type. The calibration certs are kept at the station and will be produced in court. They will not be produced to the accused upon request beforehand. The above info is the method used in my local force. Very Happy

P.S. nobody likes the mobile camera vans including most cops! Laughing Laughing

Post #63644 15th Mar 2010 12:47 pm
Carnoch

The guidelines state the Vascar calibration, you know the minimum measured 1/4 mile bit, should be checked at regular intervals. some forces insisted this was done at the start and the end of the shift, all recorded on the DVD and notebooks. On top of this, the Filth had to be tested for their own accuracy on the equipment once every two years and over 25 set test, be no more than .35mph out overall and no more than 0.5mph out on any one test. How often is that one adhered to - never!

The calibrated speedos is another matter, they normally come from the manufacturers with this as police spec. In theory, they should be checked against a speed gun or Vascar, especially if the tyres have been changed.

The Camera units normally check once a week. Thats really for distance only against a known set distance.

Yes, the Hand Held Guns have bulit in self checks. They have for years. It is is to ensure the display is working correctly and that it's not picking up any radio interference. Some Tetra hand sets interfer on transmit as do police cars heaters etc. It still should be checked against a hand held unit and it still needs them to be sent to the maufacturer once a year for calibration.

Yes, the documentation won't be normally kept with the machine and no the punters can't demand to see them, but they could if a speeding case went to court. It still doesn't stop joe Public asking when it was last done and would it be at the end of the shift.

All I am saying is the Filth normally conduct things all very laxidasical. I have no doubt that most checks are not carried out, even if they record them as having been done. Likewise, I am sure a lot of operators and/or corroboration are not properly trained.

Most cops don't appear to like Camera Van or Road Safety Partnership Vans because the letter informing them of the offence and the notice of intended prosecution can't be got round. It's on the system, whereas a roadside check it prone to colleagues letting their mates off!

I personally haven't got time for the Filth, I find them morally corrupt and above the law, but thats just an opinion.

Post #63652 15th Mar 2010 2:24 pm
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Carnoch wrote:
I personally haven't got time for the Filth, I find them morally corrupt and above the law, but thats just an opinion.

I have respect of the law, or I did until I was "dragged to court". Whilst I was in the wrong and I am prepared to accept that I have a verbal comminication issue which is and I quote "Simon has a significant difficulty with verbal comminication" I pointed this out to both the police and the courts and both treated me with absolute contempt. I am very highly educated and try to be polite at all times but I seriously have no time for the legal system and would agree that the whole thing is morally corupt.

Post #63655 15th Mar 2010 2:48 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

"I personally haven't got time for the Filth"

A lot of people have the same opinion until they are the ones needing their help! Very Happy

Post #63733 16th Mar 2010 12:34 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>