Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Getting close to leaving FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

As for Indipendants have you condsidered JSF in Norwich, I've had parts from them before any they couldn't have been more helpful.
As for Hunters King's Kynn I have been waiting for two weeks for a 1st service price, although they were very good with a warrenty fault. Must have forgotton,
You did well landiguy to get a deal out of king's lynn, I have a mate in sales and everytime i spoke to him about buying he said he could beat anyone else. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Last edited by iangam on 5th Mar 2010 9:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #62465 5th Mar 2010 9:32 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

On-board wrote:
Richard, I can honestly say I know how you feel however I went one step further and started test driving other brands. I tried toyota rav4, a ford kuga, a honda crv and shamingly a kia (sorry the 7 year warranty really is a head turner for me) ! Anyway, final conclusion I couldnt find anything even close to the freelander which really bugged me. The fuel consumptions quoted by these individual brands were extremely inaccurate so much so it made my freelander look economical.
Anyway my verdict is keep it, I now use hammonds of halesworth and would recommend you using them. I also use Peter scott at wymondham or JSF at vulcan road Norwich all these guys are very good.
Other thing to remember is yes a LR will have the odd issue or so but you still will with these japanese motors -look at toyota. Only thing to remember is LR parts are cheap and theres loads of garages that specify just fixing these cars at competetive rates - When a toyota or honda go wrong it will cost you dearly in labour and parts as there are no independant garages about here just main dealers.
Thats how I look at it anyway so perhaps the LR can afford to break down every once in a while.

HI thanks for the support - yes I've used Peter Scott LR very successfully before many times but of course if I was (as I was planning to) buy another when in the next few months I'd be forced to go to the dealer for servicing and warranty repairs which makes me feel sick at the thought.

In fact the current FL2 is going to Peter Scott for its MOT in about 10 days

I am due to test drive a CRV soon we are obviously going through something similar

Post #62466 5th Mar 2010 9:34 pm
Carnoch

Smile

Post #62473 5th Mar 2010 10:00 pm
swfrom07

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I hope I dont face similar issues when my car comes up for its first service (thankfully in a years time Very Happy ) having had my FL2 for just a month. LPR have been great so far and hopefully the same can be said of their service department too.
Fingers crossed that you find a dealer who can sort out your issues.
Richard, having just bought a new FL2, I did go and test drive the other brands in the same class of car to the FL2, but as On-Board said, the FL2 was by far the best of the lot.

Here were my conclusions if it helps but of course each one to their own and all that.
We test drove the Freelander 2, Q5, CR-V, RAV-4 and the Ford Kuga before deciding on the Freelander 2 and I have to say it is miles better than all of the others.
The Q5 was just too expensive with the starting price at 26K for which you get 4 seats, and a steering wheel
The RAV-4 didnt have the feel of a rugged offroader and was too boring for our liking,
The Ford Kuga was dull and uninspiring,
It was a close tie between the CR-V and the Freelander 2 but in the end, the CR-V was a soft roader and not really as capable as the Freelander in terms of some off roading.
My wife did like the CR-V and we were getting quite a good deal considering I was part exchanging a Honda Civic Type S but somehow it didnt feel right and as capable as a FL2.

Post #62500 6th Mar 2010 9:29 am
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I have to agree with the above. The one thing with the CRV what I couldnt understand was why it was so thirsty. They informed me it only does 30mpg which is very low for what I thought seemed a smallish motor.
The one thing all these 4x4's had in common was how they reminded me of my old FL1 ie rear swing tailgate, close together front seats etc. Moving to the FL2 was a step forward for me moving brands would only at the very best be a sideways step.
I believe LR know they have the 4x4 market covered and this is why they feel they can treat there customers like Censored. Truth of the matter is in comparison to other manufacturers they are still ennnoyingly the leaders - problem is they Censored know it.

Post #62545 6th Mar 2010 4:38 pm
oldsteve

I find the CR-V to be very economical, mine averages 39.5 mpg and will easily do 42-45 mpg at legal(ish) motorway speeds. I also rate Honda dealerships and servicing second to none. I'm only looking to replace mine after three trouble free years because I find it uninspiring to drive - does everything really well, and has some great (reliable) technology but I never really look forward to driving it, as I used to with a Discovery.

Only time will tell if my intended move to the FL2 now is correct for me - but if you do decide to leave FL2 ownership because of reliability and/or customer service, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Honda.

Good luck

Steve

Post #62601 6th Mar 2010 10:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123