Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Getting close to leaving FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Landrover are aware that their dealer network is not a top performer. Dealers will of course range from outstanding to appalling but the average needs improvement. If there is a particularly bad experience with a dealer I'm sure they would like to know about it. As a company, they know that dealers are the customer facing part of the operation and it's in their interests to address any quality issues.

Post #62210 4th Mar 2010 11:59 am
Carnoch

Listen, I had a massive dealer issue and I spoke to LR. The promised the earth, including mediation with the company concerned, which I declined, I'd rather rip my finger nails off and stick them in boiling hot oil. I then wrote to LR and gave them chapter and verse, all 5,000 words and what did I get back, nothing! I sent it again, still nothing. I phoned them, yes they got it. What did they do, bit of deja vue here, NOTHING.

Pity I like their cars, cos as a firm, LR are probably the worst company in the world. That said, we should really be voting with our cash or nothing will ever change.

Post #62220 4th Mar 2010 1:14 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Thank you to everyone for their constructive comments.

I suspect I will now go to an independent for servicing/repairs - one I used with my FL1.

My concern is still if I buy a newer FL2 later this year which will be under warranty I don't think my nerves could cope with using the main dealer for servicing etc which therfore moves me to Honda or another manufacturer.

Richard

Post #62287 4th Mar 2010 5:52 pm
richardk

landieguy wrote:
Hi Richardk - hang on in there!

Have you considered Hunters in Kings Lynn - I bought my FL2 there and I am based in Essex. Call Kevin Manning on their sales side as a point of introduction - he gave me a cracking deal. Alternatively there is Hammonds at Halesworth and Lindacre in Ipswich. Not the Lindacre of old (ex Hunters) but a new set up with the majority of the old staff who are fully authorised by LR to carry out warranty and servicing work. Cheaper than main dealers to. Worth a ring round as I cannot see any serious dealer or servicing point wanting to loose a potential customer - Good Luck.

Perhaps that could be part of the answer to bring the poor dealers up to scratch - competition!!! A few more independent service centres authorised by Land Rover.

Post #62288 4th Mar 2010 5:59 pm
Rich1647

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I think there will always be good dealers and bad dealers and I certainly managed to find a decent independent garage to use.
My problem though was with Land Rover themselves and their so called customer service.They turned out to be totally disinterested with my predicament and not at all bothered about losing my custom,but then again with a long waiting list for vehicles why should they be??
I'm with you Carnoch,love the vehicle,gutted with the poor aftersales.
Mine goes next week(dodgey clutch included). 2007 GS Manual

Post #62297 4th Mar 2010 6:28 pm
Junior

England 

Just A thought Question But does anyone know if the same dealers treat the more 'well to do' Range Rover owners any better?

I bought my FL2 second hand from a independent garage and have not had any dealer interaction as my warranty has all but run out and I will service freda myself Thumbs Up

Post #62300 4th Mar 2010 6:38 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not seen a pic of your FL2 yet Junior why don't you post one up.... Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #62304 4th Mar 2010 6:42 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Junior wrote:
Just A thought Question But does anyone know if the same dealers treat the more 'well to do' Range Rover owners any better?

I bought my FL2 second hand from a independent garage and have not had any dealer interaction as my warranty has all but run out and I will service freda myself Thumbs Up

Well, I just received a letter from the local dealer thanking me for using them to buy the D3, certainly didn't get that when I bought the FL2 from them, so the answer to your question could be yes, the more you spend the better the service although it shouldn't be like that at all in my opinion. You should always get the same service no matter what your budget is. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #62346 4th Mar 2010 9:36 pm
Junior

England 

There you have it then Dave, It looks like it's all about the money-now there is a surprise.

npinks, I need a nice day and my sons camera and I'll do my David Bailey bit, I've already started my album in anticipation, got a few of the Kia to start me off Thumbs Up

Post #62351 4th Mar 2010 9:53 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

oh my eyes I'm blinded Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #62358 4th Mar 2010 10:12 pm
Junior

England 

Hey Chicken, How are your wheels gettin on?

Post #62361 4th Mar 2010 10:16 pm
richardk

Dave wrote:
Junior wrote:

Well, I just received a letter from the local dealer thanking me for using them to buy the D3, certainly didn't get that when I bought the FL2 from them, so the answer to your question could be yes, the more you spend the better the service although it shouldn't be like that at all in my opinion. You should always get the same service no matter what your budget is.

I just received a letter from my dealer saying my car was overdue for service... just like the service they charged me for in December (and no that is not the crux of the problem but certainly doesn't help)

Post #62369 4th Mar 2010 10:34 pm
Steven

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Oh dear, I have just bought a 2008 FL2 that is going in for its 2nd service in a couple of weeks

Post #62423 5th Mar 2010 2:36 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Other members will know my tail of woe but I have had appalling service from 3 dealers and the none existant customer support centre. One dealer who had 3 attempts at sorting a knocking noise without success then told to try somewhere else, the same dealer telling me my loose drivers seat was normal for another dealer to say it was unsafe and then replace it! Another dealer causing damage to my car, denying it and leaving me to foot the bill, Same dealer refusing to refit a loose sports grille unless I paid whilst another refixed it no questions asked and no cost and a supplying dealer who doesnt return phone calls or emails.

Luckily the knocking noise was eventually cured so I could finally enjoy my car - but the aftercare is shocking and if LR dont do something about it I will be seriously considering other brands when I am up for renewal next year.

Post #62435 5th Mar 2010 5:22 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Richard, I can honestly say I know how you feel however I went one step further and started test driving other brands. I tried toyota rav4, a ford kuga, a honda crv and shamingly a kia (sorry the 7 year warranty really is a head turner for me) ! Anyway, final conclusion I couldnt find anything even close to the freelander which really bugged me. The fuel consumptions quoted by these individual brands were extremely inaccurate so much so it made my freelander look economical.
Anyway my verdict is keep it, I now use hammonds of halesworth and would recommend you using them. I also use Peter scott at wymondham or JSF at vulcan road Norwich all these guys are very good.
Other thing to remember is yes a LR will have the odd issue or so but you still will with these japanese motors -look at toyota. Only thing to remember is LR parts are cheap and theres loads of garages that specify just fixing these cars at competetive rates - When a toyota or honda go wrong it will cost you dearly in labour and parts as there are no independant garages about here just main dealers.
Thats how I look at it anyway so perhaps the LR can afford to break down every once in a while.

Post #62463 5th Mar 2010 9:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>