Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Drivers seat...going down!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

LOL love it! Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

Post #78343 13th Oct 2010 8:50 pm
Greybeard

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Been lurking and following this thresd for some time now (my first post!). My seat also sinks. It needs 2 or 3 pumps every half hour and does this even without getting out. Had it back to the dealer a month ago and they agreed it sinks, but said that LR didn't have a fix. Apparently there has been a bulletin and there is now a redesigned replacement part (so they tell me) which they are going to fit on the 19th Nov. I'll let you know what happens.

Great site, by the way, and great people. I have learnt loads about the FL2. Used to have a '93 Classic which I had for 10 years. I have had my 58 GS for about three months now after buying it privately. I love it - no real issues so far apart from the seat.

Post #80115 8th Nov 2010 6:23 pm
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

Greybeard wrote:
Been lurking and following this thresd for some time now (my first post!). My seat also sinks. It needs 2 or 3 pumps every half hour and does this even without getting out. Had it back to the dealer a month ago and they agreed it sinks, but said that LR didn't have a fix. Apparently there has been a bulletin and there is now a redesigned replacement part (so they tell me) which they are going to fit on the 19th Nov. I'll let you know what happens.

Great site, by the way, and great people. I have learnt loads about the FL2. Used to have a '93 Classic which I had for 10 years. I have had my 58 GS for about three months now after buying it privately. I love it - no real issues so far apart from the seat.

Welcome!

They gave me this 'updated' seat but the same sorta thing happened! So they finally agreed after taking a pic of me and fitting a block of wood to give me the part electric!! Works a treat and looks great! Thumbs Up

Post #80244 9th Nov 2010 11:10 pm
sawcospoff

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Nazca Sand

deleted

Post #80395 11th Nov 2010 10:15 am
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

I've posted on this before. My old (08 ) had this problem, particularly off road, and teh new (11) one has it too. Maybe its my arse catching the lever, but whatever, it's a fault LR are aware of and have done nothing to stop. Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #105553 18th Jun 2011 9:34 pm
Greybeard

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

OK, I said I would let you know what happened on the 19 Nov. Well, my wife fell over and broke her leg (Tib and fib - radial. Now has a rod in her leg but she is cooking again which is a great relief!). So I didn't get the seat seen to until about a month ago. And the result is - a vast improvement. It still sinks, but only a fraction of what it did previously. Whereas it needed two pumps every half hour, it now about one pump every two hours. I am going to live with that. If it really annoys me I'll stick a piece of wood underneath!

So, the dealers can do something to help if they have a mind to. Didn't take long to do either, about an hour. Replacement part they said.

Post #105575 19th Jun 2011 1:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456