Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Black Friday Deals?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I've had plenty of 'double bubble' orders in the past. Many from Virgin Wine - nearly every time the case of wine I ordered failed to arrive on time, I phoned up and got another one. They would often arrive at the same time. Driver didn't wan't to know the first time and told me to keep it. I did, as well as the next couple of cases! They never asked for them back. Same with a pair of Bluetooth headsets for my crash helmets - was sent the wrong ones and when they sent the right ones, they never collected the first pair. Sold those on ebay 6 months later.

Best one my mate had was when he bought a laptop in a PC world or Currys sale (cant remember which). It was something like £600. In the sale it was say, £550. On the web site instead of saying Was £600, now £550, save £50 it actually said Was £600, now £50, save £550. He clicked to buy and he actually got it!

Might be up for sale in the new year. Whistle

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #312670 5th Dec 2016 12:04 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

How about this one, a relative's son needed a suit for an interview. He went to M&S and got one in the sale for about £100, wore it to the interview (got the job too) but decided that he didn't want to keep it. His Mum took it back and got a refund then noticed that they put it on a special offer rack for £1. She then asked if she could buy it there and then and they said yes. So he got the job and a suit a for a £1. Result! 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #312673 5th Dec 2016 12:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i remember been in Debenhams and some scruffy bloke was trying to return a designer suit as unworn and the staff were having none of it, the bloke was protesting, they was pointing out the trousers had creases in the crotch area that can only come from wearing it, and the final, your not having a refund came when the checked the jacket pocket and found glitter and a wedding invite Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312679 5th Dec 2016 12:31 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Mrs D wanted a Dualit toaster many years ago so I went to Debenhams (where they Dualit toasters) and saw one similar for about £40 instead of the Dualit ones for around £100. That's a saving of £60 I thought so I bought it and took it home. She was not impressed so I toasted a Hot Cross bun in it to show her how good it was. Still not impressed. Decided to take it back for refund and get the bloody Dualit the next day so I cleaned it up, boxed it up and back I went.

"I bought this yesterday but I want to change it for the more expensive Dualit toaster please".
"Have you used it?"
"Nope"!
The assistant then unwrapped it and examined it very carefully.
"Sorry, but there appears to be a currant burnt onto the element so we cant take it back if its been used". She said. Of course, I've got half a dozen shoppers looking at me now and I daren't go home without the Dualit so I said, "That's alright, I'll have the Dualit as well"! I walked out of the shop with a toaster under each arm and I swear I saw the beginnings of a smirk of the shop assistant's face. Embarassed
Some money saving wheeze that turned out to be. We ended up with three toasters indoors because there was nothing wrong with our original toaster anyway - she just fancied a change! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312686 5th Dec 2016 1:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312691 5th Dec 2016 2:13 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Laughing Laughing FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312694 5th Dec 2016 2:21 pm
valleyforge

England 

Ah the story of mankind .... Laughing FL2 Ex D2, D3, RRS, etc. now all gone.

Post #312717 6th Dec 2016 10:31 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

is a Dulitt toaster any better? Seen a set at Costco which might fit in the new kitchen nicely Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312722 6th Dec 2016 12:09 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

The one I bought many years ago was this one: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/appliances...behu5-280/

However, less than a year ago our kettle packed up so we bought one of these to replace it
http://www.tesco.com/direct/dualit-72400-1...5-6399.prd

Which, in turn, meant we had to buy one of these to match it!
http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/dualit...Alp_8P8HAQ

It's all about kitchen co-ordination dahling!

The old one is still going strong after about 10 years but the new one is better as it's a pop-up one (Has got a peek function - you can lift the toast to see how its coming along without stopping the toasting timer) whereas the original one you had to stand over as it was a non pop up type. Having said that, I had to change the new one a week ago as it lost its strength on the pop up. You could get bigger slices in the old one though.

At the end of the day, they all just make toast so it's just bought for looks. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312725 6th Dec 2016 12:40 pm
Yorky Bob

Fire and toasting fork worked OK when I was a lad .Progress my ass. Whistle

Anyone else noticed all these Censored sorry chaps flying around in personal cars recently throwing out Amazon parcels at anyone who is daft enough to take them in ?

What a pain in the rectum and now having to pretend to be the gardener Rolling Eyes Main reason as any parcel will sit in my house until I physically take them around as they can't be assed to collect anything that's left Banging Head FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312727 6th Dec 2016 1:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

personally, if someone has a parcel delivered to me, i will just leave it in the hallway until they come and get it

i see them in the garden when i go to my car to leave, i tell them and they reply they'll come and get it later and never do, till the point that they ring up the supplier and complain that they havent received it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312731 6th Dec 2016 2:12 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Got home early today, waiting for wifey to come home and the Yodel man knocks on the door. Another Christmas surprise for me, spoiled by me - I'm finally getting the chimnea I've been asking for for years! Yea. Fire! She'll be bloody fuming when she knows that I know. Gawd knows where she thought she would hide this! Laughing Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312732 6th Dec 2016 2:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

at least your Yodel bloke has work, a mate of mate works for them and they emailed the other night telling him he had no deliveries to collect... so much for busiest time of year etc Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312735 6th Dec 2016 2:30 pm
Yorky Bob

No deliveries is probably due to those in private cars whizzing around doing it at a bodge-it and scarper price.

Young lad I know was left with £2,000 owing him last Christmas working for a third party contractor to Amazon. Same will happen again this year come the end of the silly season to some poor lads and lasses. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312736 6th Dec 2016 2:39 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I once worked for a small company; we were expecting a delivery from one of the usual delivery companies but it never showed up. I called them and they said that it had been delivered that day and we have a signature, I said that I have been in all day and nobody showed up. "But we have a signature" they kept saying.
Turns out they had delivered to another company about a mile away and got a signature from the receptionist and as far as they were concerned that was it. Despite my complaints I eventually drove over and collected it myself. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #312753 6th Dec 2016 7:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>