Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
surfingmonkey

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I bought a Discovery Sport...

Post #312229 28th Nov 2016 2:50 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I hope you got a Black Friday deal. Keep your fingers crossed though that it wasn't built on a Friday afternoon as well! Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #312230 28th Nov 2016 2:57 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

It's my birthday on Wednesday and I mentioned to the wife a while ago that I'd like one of those Amazon Echo's that went on sale for £119.99 on 'Black Friday'. Previously they had been £149.99. They're still £119.99. Now, I've not been snooping, but when I looked at our CC bill the other week, I noticed a 'mysterious purchase' for £149.99 from Amazon. I just KNOW she's jumped the gun and paid full price for one. Oh joy - I spend my time looking online for BF bargains and get Censored all while she could have waited and got a £30 saving! I'll find out for sure on Wednesday. Rolling Eyes Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312232 28th Nov 2016 3:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

tell her to send it back and buy it again cheaper Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312234 28th Nov 2016 3:54 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I was happy to send the first wife back instead, now that is now a lot cheaper. Rolling with laughter FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312237 28th Nov 2016 5:57 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Lol @ Yorky Bob

NP. You're the second person that's suggested that. She bought it on Nov 4th though so might not be able to. Sad

(That's if it is an echo).

Edit.

Looks like I will be able to if it is what I think it is. Very Happy

Extended returns policy information: We've specially extended our returns period for the Christmas season. Items dispatched by Amazon.co.uk during the period from 1 November, 2016 to 31 December, 2016 inclusive may be returned at any time before midnight on 31 January, 2017. Our returns policy will revert to the standard 30-day period for items dispatched after 31 December, 2016. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312238 28th Nov 2016 5:59 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

It's an Echo. Laughing Haven't got the balls to tell her they've gone down £30 in price since Black Friday so I'll just suck it up. Very nice pressie though - I do love a gadget. Got Gino's Italian cookbook too. Got money from mum, mum in law and sister in law and a top London dining experience voucher from my sister. Socks and pants from my daughter (had hinted to wifey that that's what I wanted) and still have something to come from my son tomorrow night when we go round his for tea. A good start to my day. Mr. Green

"Alexa, what would my wife do if I told her she paid too much for you"?

"Why Steve, she'd call you an ungrateful Censored and never let you forget it"! Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312313 30th Nov 2016 7:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312321 30th Nov 2016 11:15 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
...... and still have something to come from my son tomorrow night when we go round his for tea.........

Would you believe it .....an Amazon Echo dot - the small one! He was dumbstruck when he found out I had the full size one. So dumbstruck he set it up there and then, liked it and decided to keep it for himself. "I'll have to owe you a present, Dad". Kids! Laughing Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312469 1st Dec 2016 11:01 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:

Could have bought the headphones cheaper two weeks ago and I just bet they go back down before Christmas. Was going to hold out but Mrs D was panicking that the headphones would have all sold out by Christmas leaving us with an upset and tearful 28 year old daughter on Christmas morning!!!! Rolling Eyes

I may be getting the Black Friday deal to top all Black Friday deals!

Ordered the headphones on Black Friday, were due to be delivered to a collection point just across the road to where I work on the following Monday. On the Monday I got an email telling me there was a delay and I would be getting them on Wednesday. Wednesday - nothing so I got onto Amazon and complained on Thursday. They apologised and sent me another pair special delivery next day before 1:00 and I got them Friday morning at my work address as they weren't allowed to resend to the same collection address. Today, I got a text and email with a code to collect them from the collection point so come Monday, I may have another pair of £290 headphones. Let's just hope they are as inefficient at internal auditing as they are at sending out stuff in the first place. Whistle Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312547 3rd Dec 2016 3:54 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Fingers crossed with that one!

A year or two ago I bought 3 blurays from Amazon, they never arrived and Amazon sent replacements, the delivery man arrived next day with 2 boxes, the first box had 3 blurays in and the second box had the same 3 blurays in, looks like the original order was stuck on his van!

Also reminds me of the time I purchased a coffee table from Wilko (yes sad I know but it was the only place we could find that had the exact size and colour that we wanted). It was flatpack and delivered in two boxes but imagine my surprise when I had managed to build it without opening the second box!!! Upon opening the second box there was another coffee table in there, must have been buy one get one free.....

Post #312616 4th Dec 2016 6:01 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Result! One free pair of Bose Quietcomfort 35 headphones. Mrs goody two shoes AKA Mrs D told me to send them back but what I have actually done is sent them an email telling them they were sent in error and to collect them from me. If they don't, they're mine!

Edit: Hmmm. Buy one, get one free. Seems plausible for a Black Friday deal. Thanks Shilen. Thumbs Up Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #312661 5th Dec 2016 10:55 am
Yorky Bob

Good luck with that. Bet they email back a returns label for you to print off and a list of return points (as in a local shop). FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312667 5th Dec 2016 11:27 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

A few years back a friend went into a B&Q that was closing down, they had a special offer on self assembly greenhouses so he bought one. They came in a series of boxes and the staff filled the back of his car with the seats down with various boxes of bits and when he put it together he found that he had one greenhouse and still lots of boxes left so he built another and still had unopened boxes left. In total he had three greenhouses and a few odd bits left over. It looked like they just wanted to get rid of the stock. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #312668 5th Dec 2016 11:37 am
Yorky Bob

Off Topic

One benefit of being "Mature" (that means a crinkly old bustard by the way) is you have stories.

Here is another one of mine. Rolling Eyes

When they closed a Yanky air base in UK a friend of a friend went along. Lots of big wooden crates but you had to bid blind, so as he had use for a big wooden crate he bid the to the value of that and had it delivered.

Opened it up to find it full of all the bits to build a brand new Willy's Jeep. Bow down

Mind being "mature" may mean I have told you that one already. Big Cry FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312669 5th Dec 2016 11:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>