Page 45 of 127 <123 ... 444546 ... 125126127>
Print this entire topic · 
j77

Scotland 

21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #250750 27th Jan 2015 11:57 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Had a good look at DS today whilst waiting to have new door mirror fitted (warranty job)

Auto Express road test on new Jaguar 2.0 (180 bhp) Turbo Diesel 8 speed auto gives combined MPG at 67.3. This engine will be in DS at later date. (some LR dealers say no to this but I have it from the very top that Ingenium TD will replace current engine).
Being realistic new 180 TD with 4WD and weight of a DS 50 mpg could be possible.

Thought 1) Current FL2 will be 3 years old in 18 months and DS should then be available with new engine, 5 seats and priced accordingly. 5 seat versions possibly not available in higher spec vehicles. 2WD and 4WD options YES

Thought 2) Due to number of careless parkers, lane changers not indicating, drivers thinking they are in a lorry and swerving right to take a left turn etc I might just buy a Defender with big steel bumpers!!! All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #250823 28th Jan 2015 8:27 pm
j77

Scotland 

I've heard that the 5 seater should be available in September. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #250826 28th Jan 2015 8:37 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

druand wrote:
Thought 2) Due to number of careless parkers, lane changers not indicating, drivers thinking they are in a lorry and swerving right to take a left turn etc I might just buy a Defender with big steel bumpers!!!

Years ago I worked 1 floor above the street. There were street level shops either side of the road. It got to the point the staff could not look out the windows (desks facing street) at the people reverse parking. It was too painful to watch. At the very minimum 50% of people cannot park a car. There were a handful of minor accidents over the 2 years. I put the offending car's details on the windscreen if the other car drove off. One driver who removed the side of a parked car trying to reverse park pretended to put his details on the windscreen & drove off. A month later I got a call from the police & told them what I saw & description of the driver. The offending drive would have got a surprise as he had denied knowing anything about the incident.

If you want to save the front, back & sides of your car don't park amongst other cars.

My previous car had someone reverse into it. The car had a tow bar which went through the AC and radiator. They drove off with my car firmly stuck on their tow bar. They only stopped because my car had become a permanent fixture. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #250833 28th Jan 2015 9:17 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
popped in

I popped into my local LR dealer this afternoon, waited ages then was invited to speak to a new salesman. I explained my disappointment with DS models so far. He then tried most of the counter-claim lines that have been shared on here by others; all I believe were untrue or misleading.

I am getting the feeling that LR have been very unhelpful/unfair to their dealerships, with most sales staff knowing rather less about the DS & future plans, than many on here!! Shocked

I never got to see my allotted salesman (too busy), but I was told he's "happy to return my £1000 holding deposit tomorrow"……... I don't recall his happiness being in the terms & conditions!! Wink Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #250866 29th Jan 2015 1:25 am
LR WILD

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Got my invite to test drive disco sport on 31st at Farnell guiseley where I bought freely.
Showed the other half a picture of it said it looked like a " big renault Clio". Rolling with laughter Shocked
Gonna stick with the freely sport till the new defender me thinks!

Post #250913 29th Jan 2015 2:08 pm
j77

Scotland 

If you don't like a car then no amount of sales talk will change your mind, there has to be an attraction be it, looks or practicality etc. Thumbs Up

You are right in what you say about lack of info from LR to their dealerships. The day after the online launch, LR were supposed to provide dealerships with info, which never arrived. I'm lucky I have a salesman who has a passion for the brand and it's not just a job to make ends meet, and will always try and find info from other sources. A rare thing 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #250932 29th Jan 2015 5:00 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Saw my first DS in the flesh today on local dealers forecourt.
Firenze red with privacy. First impressions... I think it looks really good.
Couldn't stop but I've got a drive event booked at Hever castle on Saturday so will get a chance to take it for an unaccompanied spin and have a really good look around it.
I think LR's biggest problem will be keeping up with demand for it. _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #250947 29th Jan 2015 6:20 pm
j77

Scotland 

That's my fear, that LR are going to rush out the DS to meet demand. It happened with the Evoque, early ones were pretty good but as LR struggled to meet demand the standards slipped. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #250956 29th Jan 2015 7:05 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Aero_383 wrote:
Saw my first DS in the flesh today on local dealers forecourt.
Firenze red with privacy. First impressions... I think it looks really good.
Couldn't stop but I've got a drive event booked at Hever castle on Saturday so will get a chance to take it for an unaccompanied spin and have a really good look around it.
I think LR's biggest problem will be keeping up with demand for it.

That's the same car that Harwoods of Edenbridge spoke to me about the other day. Apparently it has the Black Pack. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #250966 29th Jan 2015 8:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I test drove the manual and Auto HSE at a launch at Petworth House last week and i have to say i was thoroughly impressed - with the auto!

The build quality is very good and is a definite step up from my Freelander. The HSE is well spec'd and has everything you would need. The 9 speed auto box with paddle shift is very good and responsive. I will definitely be ordering one, a HSE Auto in Corris Grey with my add ons being towbar and privacy glass for delivery in April.

Post #251077 30th Jan 2015 6:36 pm
j77

Scotland 

I got some good news my build has been brought forward from 13th March to 20th February. Cool 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #251142 31st Jan 2015 12:15 pm
bbrap

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Did they give an explanation? Take up not what they expected, greater capacity, or just a cock up with orders? Not that you'll be bothered as you will get yours earlier Razz FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #251149 31st Jan 2015 4:17 pm
j77

Scotland 

No explanation, it is a strange one as my dealers order books bursting. I think they were just unsure when pre orders were going into build so were probably a bit cautious with dates. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #251182 31st Jan 2015 7:16 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Drove a DS HSE Lux today in the country lanes around Hever castle courtesy of Harwoods.
There is no doubt it's a lovely car that will do very well, and the main advantage for me over the Freelander is the rear legroom and comfort for the kids on our frequent trips to the West country. It's more spacious but feels smaller to drive than the FL2. The lack of raised driving position is a real shame. Difficult to find many faults but being really niggly the heated seats are over engineered, having to press the dash button, then the touch screen to set the levels. Why ?? The rear heated seats were certainly appreciated by the kids, but they are fierce compared to the Freelander. You could get griddle marks on your backside !. I will certainly consider one in the future, but right now, I prefer my current car.

Had some spare time so took the Defender for a spin too just because I could and I have fantasies about owning one, It was great fun but like steering a boat after the DS Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Aero_383 on 31st Jan 2015 10:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #251203 31st Jan 2015 9:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 45 of 127 <123 ... 444546 ... 125126127>