Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What the dealer offered.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Oldie

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
What the dealer offered.

I have a friend who works at Nissan and a couple of weeks ago my wife picked up her new Juke from our local dealer, with a saving of around 16% through the friends and family scheme. She got a reasonable trade in figure for her 8 year old Jazz so the process was quite a pleasant one.

I actually drove the Juke home and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it and so I went back to the Nissan dealer the next day and asked how much he would give me for my 07 plate GS with 69k on the clock (and lovely condition). £7250 he said, and wouldn't budge, and neither would I of course. Strange, as he would still get a share of the discount from Nissan so he really should have wanted the sale.

Well, in retrospect, I think that my Freelander will probably outlast the Juke (nice car, but still a budget vehicle) and I don't really like selling something that has been so reliable. Gave it a good wash and valet and I'm still a happy Land Rover owner Cool

Post #191442 15th Jul 2013 8:14 pm
Hairy65

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I know which car I would rather have.

Post #192887 28th Jul 2013 12:23 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I had a juke hire car in Austria, it would hardly go up the hill to the hotels, I felt a right muppet thrashing the thing through the car parks to reception, a very steep hill mind, I walked it later in the week with my son on my shoulders and nearly died.

later while investigating the in build tom tom (good system) I discovered that it was set in eco mode, adjustable on the the center console, I altered it to sport and never struggled on that hill again.

The gear change was woeful, even allowing for using my right hand (Im left handed). I pulled the gaiter up to look at the gear linkage ,(the center console is massive ) and there is no gear linkage to speak of, just one spindly rod lost in a tardis like space. if they are cutting costs on gear link costings what else are they skimping on? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #192889 28th Jul 2013 12:52 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Re: What the dealer offered.

Oldie,
My brother had a new Juke (1.6 petrol), for a year on lease. Said it was very poor on petrol & had a very small tank. He couldn't wait to get rid.
I wouldn't get rid of our landy for a juke, even though it has not beed as reliable as yours Laughing Landy has now gone.

Post #192954 28th Jul 2013 10:48 pm
smr.ward

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

I had one as a hire car a month or two ago and would agree with the small petrol tank, it went no distance at all before it needed filling up. Also, the centre consul was appallingly laid out and felt very cheap. Steve
--------------
Owned: 2008 Freelander 2 HST
Own: 2000 Defender 90 TD5

Post #192957 28th Jul 2013 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smr.ward

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

On reliability, our Freelander is 5 years old, we have owned it for 3.5, and the only issue we have had is a boot lock that failed last month. Very quick fix at a dealer in Cornwall whilst on holiday 2 weeks ago. So I definitely would not swap a Freelander for a Juke. Steve
--------------
Owned: 2008 Freelander 2 HST
Own: 2000 Defender 90 TD5

Post #192958 28th Jul 2013 11:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I've had my FL2 for a year and 2 days. It's never let me down and it's covered nearly 24,000 miles. The car itself will be 2 in September. It's doing over 400 miles a day at the moment travelling through France and I'm really enjoying it. I would never change for a Nissan Puke.

Post #192968 29th Jul 2013 9:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1