« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > S and gs new 2013
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
S and gs new 2013

I've been to a few stealers,over the last 2/3 weeks,,,and this is what I've noticed,I'm after a new gs,,plenty of toys for my old brain,anyway,I think LR have balls up the spec,2013 the s now has the same alloys as the gs,and visually they look the same from the outside,for the extra almost £3 k you think the could have done something,I know the mirrors fold and u got parking sensors with gs,,,but side buy side they are identical......ok leather on gs now but front fogs gone,auto lights/ wipers gone,lights power wash gone,I've noticed more recently all the new sept gs have same alloys as black & white edt,in my local strastone dealer.ive just bought a gs and payed extra for fog lights,,,,and if you want fogs u got to have a colour pack,,,no option ,£605 Surprised ,.......but done it for £500...landrover is losing it ways with factory extras. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #192828 27th Jul 2013 6:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
j77

Scotland 

LR have messed up the GS, I always went for the GS as it was a reasonable price with a nice kit list.

This time I went for XS as it was not much more after kitting out a GS. It's all to do with LRs strategy with in the Fl2 range

S/GS: smart and practical with the GS a bit more refined
XS/HSE/HSE Lux: sophistication and refinement
Dynamic: bold, confident and versatile with a sports edge.

Everything worked fine before. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #192830 27th Jul 2013 6:33 pm
flylr

2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Re: S and gs new 2013

gilfishman wrote:
I've been to a few stealers,over the last 2/3 weeks,,,and this is what I've noticed,I'm after a new gs,,plenty of toys for my old brain,anyway,I think LR have balls up the spec,2013 the s now has the same alloys as the gs,and visually they look the same from the outside,for the extra almost £3 k you think the could have done something,I know the mirrors fold and u got parking sensors with gs,,,but side buy side they are identical......ok leather on gs now but front fogs gone,auto lights/ wipers gone,lights power wash gone,I've noticed more recently all the new sept gs have same alloys as black & white edt,in my local strastone dealer.ive just bought a gs and payed extra for fog lights,,,,and if you want fogs u got to have a colour pack,,,no option ,£605 Surprised ,.......but done it for £500...landrover is losing it ways with factory extras.

Not sure I understand the colour pack requirement for fogs? I ordered the uk lighting pack but not the colour pack?
I was annoyed I had to pay for several extras I had as standard on the old GS but overall very happy with the spec I have now EXCEPT the cheap Censored little low-res screen for the radio which ruins the interior. Big Cry (Coming) 2016 RR Evoque td4 180 HSE Dynamc
(Going) 2013 TD4 GS Auto - Santorini Black with black leather. Cold Climate, UK Lighting & Armrest Packs. Privacy Glass. LR Rubber Mats. Full size spare.
60 000 miles averaging 35mpg

(Gone) 2010 TD4 Manual GS - Stornoway Grey. Sold at 3yrs old & 64k miles. Final average consumption 39.2mpg.

Post #192842 27th Jul 2013 7:54 pm
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The colour pack and lighting pack are worth it. The black plastic looks cheap and it should be standard across the whole range IMO.

When are you picking up the new car?

Post #192850 27th Jul 2013 8:21 pm
Hinj

2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

I agree with you j77 they have messed up the GS, I went to change my GS for another one and very disappointed to find the omissions on the new one, so went for the XS rather than pay to spec up the GS. MY 2013 TD4 XS Manual, Ipanema Sand. Cold Climate Pack, Spare Wheel, Side Mouldings, Armrest Pack, Rear Camera, Detachable Tow Bar, Spoiler.
Gone. My 2011 TD4 GS Manual, Cold Climate Pack, Front Sensors, Spare Wheel, Side Mouldings.

Post #192875 28th Jul 2013 9:21 am
gilfishman

If u have colour design pack up got to have clear view pack,,,,u can have uk lighting pack mind,,,without colour pack....according to LR website,,,,,the vehicles all gs they can get for sept apparently got lighting pack,or clear veiw pack and design pack,......lump it or leave it,....if u want one without told I would have to wait til end of sept as It will be a factory build Shocked 450 is a bit steep for fogs and a strip of fairy lights that cost a few £s. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #192909 28th Jul 2013 3:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
j77

Scotland 

Can't they spec amend, when I bought mine rather than wait my salesmen tried to alter the spec of the XS he had coming but it was locked. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #192914 28th Jul 2013 4:56 pm
gilfishman

No it's built so they say,..tbh it's hard work,.....had a good price for a gs with met paint,privacy,spoiler and fss,....since I've sold my freelander private,,,,as was px in it if I couldn't sell,...only gs they can get for sept are built,,all with extras ,banging £500/600 on the price,.....I know extras mean nothing when u trade in so try to keep it to a minimum , Shocked Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #192926 28th Jul 2013 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1