« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > New SD4 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 

SimonB wrote:
Are you comparing like with like though, the old TD4 is less economical than the new TD4/SD4

Are these exhausts legal, I thought diesel exhausts had to fire downwards?

I am just saying that my SD4 is better on fuel than my TD4 that was a manual. So I see that as an improvement and its Auto which is better as i expected it to be less.

The LR Tail Pipe Finishers do exit downwards, dont want diesel fumes blowing on the Trailer Whistle p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #96793 28th Mar 2011 7:13 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Downward pointing pipes = no DPF/Euro4 compliance IIRC (at least it was with D3/ D4 and RRS 2010MY cars) How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #96796 28th Mar 2011 7:18 pm
sportsman

United Kingdom 

shilen wrote:
sportsman wrote:
To be honest if anyone can tel the difference between driving an sd4 and a td4 there doing well the only differance i can see is the sd4 drinks the diesel... Big Cry

Congratulations on your new car by the way... Thumbs Up

I totally disagree- the SD4 I have is much more economical that my TD4 ever was, 3 outings over 100 miles each and the lowest mpg I have recorded is 40.4mpg - my TD4 never got near that! Even rush hour journeys are acheving 15-20% better mpg.

I am telling you I have had a sd4 60 plate for over a week and Never once has it got past 37 38 mpg...it's an auto and I just drive normal, lets see the figures there's no way doing 30 mph around town you will get 40.4 mpg in an sd4..this sd4 I have with about 5k on the clock drinks the juice...think your telling fibs,so doing 50 mph you should get low 50s no way... Rolling with laughter

Post #96800 28th Mar 2011 7:58 pm
SD4Cat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Confused
Hmm the SD4 vs TD4 and their mpg - all i can say is that I have driven both on 60 plates in last few weeks as courtesy cars from LR while I was getting a new steering rack on my SD4 under warranty - another story

The TD4 was an auto 150 PS the SD4 auto at 190PS

I found the TD4 very nippy considering slightly lower power and the fuel economy on both about the same - not great 32mpg in 30/40mph driving in towns & B Roads What do I know....I'm only an Essex girl

Post #96905 29th Mar 2011 2:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12