« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > First tow!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Skypilot617

United Kingdom 

julytourist wrote:
Skypilot,you might not like your mpg cf LR official figures but you cannot blame LR
Their published results are via the official tests, see http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/information/consumption.asp
Near lab conditions do not compare with real life......
Happy days at 133.9p per litre!
JT

The point is that I'd challenge anyone to show me how they get even near those figures. LR explain on the leaflet how it is done (actually they don't mention a lab) and I just don't believe it. Of course I expect a shortfall but why is that of the SD4 figures so great compared to the shortfall with the CRV.

I've been driving VERY gently on the flat with a warmed up engine but still my midweight 4x4 with its highly efficient modern engine is not much more ecomonical than my big old Shogun 2.8. If I drive with enthusiasm and enjoy the power I'd warrant the figures are the same, or even worse.

Let's hope its down to needing to get the engine settled down over a few thousand miles or I will be a candidate for some help when LR release the SD4 'protocols' for the tuners to get to grips with. Freelander 2 SD4 HSE - Ipanema Sand - MD co-pilot - Springer Spaniel in boot - Swift Challenger on the back!

Post #89781 26th Jan 2011 8:07 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

The same problem exists with most of the hybryd cars of today. At least 25mpg LESS in real life situations than what the manufacturer claims.

So it's not only LR. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #89795 26th Jan 2011 2:11 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Skypilot617 wrote:
Rob_c wrote:
I'm coming over to the Freelander from a Touareg v6 tdi which was giving about 22 mpg towing and about 26-28 solo so hoping the FL will be noticeably better,I'd had the Touareg for over 2 years and ready for a change and wanted something that is all round cheaper to run.

Which begs the question as to why the Freelander SD4 isn't that much better! Personally I think it's time that someone took LR to court for their outrageous mpg figures which are nothing like what people actually get.

My CRV was advertised at 44 mpg and I usually got 40/42 solo.

The SD4 is quoted at 40 mpg and I'm getting about 30 solo - which TBH is outrageous. Not yet sure about towing but I'm not holding my breath for much above 22 mpg.

I used to get 28 mpg solo from a 2.8L Shogun Auto.

How many miles you done - it could be a bit tight still, deisels arnt run in till about 30k Wink

In all seriousness, others on here with the SD4 are seeing pretty impressive figures. I would always take the manufacturers figures with a pinch of salt as they are achieved at optimal conditions...

You might want to reset you computer as well - over time it is sure to get better but to get a proper reading you need to reset the counter Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #89796 26th Jan 2011 2:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12