« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > SATNAV UPDATE WARNING
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
John Taylor

England 
SATNAV UPDATE WARNING

Shortly going to Spain I ordered 2010/11 update discs from NAVTEQ. I installed new disc as per instuctions which iinvolved a software update that message on screen said would take two minutes to complete. Waited five minutes but update failed. Big Cry Re-inserted old disc but system remained hung-up. Big Cry Went to dealer who said they could sort. After one hour dealer could not sort (computer says no) and suggested that disc player was faulty. Big Cry Booked for another trip to dealer (120 miles round trip). Next day dealer rang to say they had received a 'procedure' from L/R which they emailed to me. I followed 'procedure' which warned that software update would take 15 minutes with engine running. This was all that was needed to complete the update successfully. Very Happy

Post #88681 19th Jan 2011 7:42 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Good advice Thumbs Up

I did mine a few weeks ago, put it in with the ignition on but not with the engine started and it was taking ages.. I started to panik incase the batt went flat so I started the engine and much to my horrer the SatNav rebooted - I thought I f Censored k it but just left it running for over 15mins and it eventially sorted itself Thumbs Up

Moral of the story is, start the engine first and just be patient! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #88710 19th Jan 2011 10:08 pm
maffs

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
Good advice and seconded

Leaving the engine on was a concern for me as i wasnt sure how long it would take, plus leaving it on the drive with the keys in the ignition and engine running would go down well with the insurance company Smile

Foolishly enough i started off the procedure of updating my Sat Nav by just having the key in the ignition and would you believe it.... the ignition (and power) went off without completing Mad. S :censored:ing myself and annoyed as i thought i'd need the engine running, I started the engine, loaded the boot with bin bags for the recycle centre and took a 15 minute drive - luckily for me it came back on, all updated Smile

As others have stated, the moral of the story... leave the engine running Smile

Post #88714 19th Jan 2011 10:30 pm
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand
Re: Good advice and seconded

[quote="maffs"
As others have stated, the moral of the story... leave the engine running Smile[/quote]

Or, save all that hideous expense for a satnav that doesn't even allow custom POIs, and get a TomTom (or similar)

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #88843 20th Jan 2011 6:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1