« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Trim query?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cumbria

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Trim query?

Am considering exchanging my current 08 FL2 HSE and have been offered a choice of 5 010 model HSE's. All same spec with fullsize spare and privacy glass just different colours. Only one has non black interior and apparently it has almond leather with rest of interior including carpets in black. Quite fancy this for a change but I have not seen any others like this and thought almond trim came with light carpets etc which I definitely don't want. Am worried dealer is wrong!Has anyone got this combo? Deal is very attractive as LR need to shift last of old model and to be honest changes for 2011 hardly seem significant.

Post #76940 26th Sep 2010 7:03 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Sounds a good combination/choice. I wanted Almond seats with black carpets & lower dash but was told I couldn't have it. LR I guess build the Freelander to a cost & unless you can afford a Range Rover you are stuck with what little choice is on offer! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #76941 26th Sep 2010 7:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
asinrute

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

I have 2007 HSE with almond leather interior and the carpets are light. I wasn't too sure about the light carpets, but I have been suprised at how well they have stayed the course and always clean up very well. I did buy, just for the fron,t a pair of black rubber mats, which I am sure has helped FL2 HSE Sumatra black with body kit

Post #76953 26th Sep 2010 8:12 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

i have light beige seats and flooring and found that fitting black floor mats really makes the interior stand out - thought it would look daft but suprisingly it doesnt Thumbs Up

Post #76954 26th Sep 2010 8:22 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Almond leather comes with almond carpet (unless the dealer fits the carpet themselves).

James Thumbs Up

Post #76957 26th Sep 2010 8:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cumbria

Trim Query?

Thanks for replies so far. James my fear was that Almond applied to entire trim. Dealer is certainly not changing carpet as car is still with LR. Searching the net I have discovered some photos of an FL2 with light seats and black carpets so they do exist! Maybe colour is not Almond? Has anyone ( James ?) seen or got one of these? I guess if I go ahead and order it based on my dealer's assurance that carpets are black and it then turns out to have light carpets I can reject it but I would rather not have the hassle. If I can't definitely establish that this combo exists I will probably just stick with black leather.

Post #76960 26th Sep 2010 9:25 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Almond (9 & 10my) has light carpet, as does Alpaca (Launch to 08my) which Almond replaced. 11my however in Tan or Ivory Windsor (Premium) leather will have a black carpet.

Another option would be Storm Leather on a 10my as it had black carpets, however most Storm interiors were to factory order.

Good luck with it.

James Thumbs Up

Post #77003 27th Sep 2010 1:01 pm
cumbria

Thanks for info James. Dealer got it wrong!Will stick with black interior I think as I just don't think the light plastics and carpets look right to me.

Post #77030 27th Sep 2010 6:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1