« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > I'm in love......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Albert Bridge

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
I'm in love......

Have had my brand new HSE for a week now and I absolutely love it. I decided to upgrade from a TT and am 100% sure I made the right decision in choosing the Freelander over the Audi allroad. O/H has a Range Rover and we also had a Disco 3 so I am more than familiar with the brand. Have taken the Freelander on a couple of long runs and even managed to get a fantastic 39+ average mpg and I don't always drive slowly. Whistle

I'd been reading this forum for a couple of weeks prior to making my decision between the All road and Freelander and found lots of the threads incredibly helpful so thank you all! Bow down

Post #76886 25th Sep 2010 7:56 pm
blinged freelander

Surprised you still went with the FL2 in honesty. mines not bad, but it's back and forth to the dealer for warranty work. I prefer the D4 or RRS over it. D4 tons of room in the back, RRS plenty of room, FL2 not a lot of room bar the weekly shop. If your other half has a RR, I am surprised you can see past it. I drive a 10MY RRS SE and there is no comparison with the FL2, not even on the same planet, there is the FL2 HSE, luxury and then the RRS, unless she has one of the really old models.

Last edited by blinged freelander on 25th Sep 2010 8:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #76887 25th Sep 2010 8:03 pm
Albert Bridge

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Well I don't need something quite so big as a Disco or Range Rover and we already have a Range Rover in the household. The Freelander gives me far more space than the TT did and the off road capabilities will be fantastic for our place in Scotland. I'm more than happy with my decision. Thumbs Up
Two MY10 Overfinches would be overkill after all.

Last edited by Albert Bridge on 25th Sep 2010 8:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #76888 25th Sep 2010 8:09 pm
blinged freelander

Thats all that matters then!

D4 and RRS would be my preference, I cant justify D4 over a FL2 for the low usage. wouldn't be my choice again in honesty, but each to their own.

Post #76889 25th Sep 2010 8:09 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

As you say each to their own, i would love a D4 but it is too tall for my garage I visit france often and its a bit too tall for French multi-storeys and most continental car park barriers, I personally wouldn't entertain a RRS a bit too flashy for me Wink I'm on my second f2 and have not really had any problems, I cover a high mileage and the minor niggles i have had have been less than with all other marques I have used.

Post #76893 25th Sep 2010 8:37 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Strange you should say that Tandemman, I park my D3 next to the wife's FL2 and with the suspension down they're the same height Confused ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #76894 25th Sep 2010 8:39 pm
Tandemman

you want to blow your tyres up then Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
there should be about 4 inches difference I think the Freelander is 1740mm and the D4 is1837mm the car park and Peage barriers are set at 1800, i did see a D4 go through without lowering its air suspension and severely damaged its roof

Post #76898 25th Sep 2010 9:20 pm
athelstan

Tandemman wrote:
Peage barriers are set at 1800

This is indeed an amusingly erroneous comment.

Across the EU, on those motorways that require a toll to be paid, there are always booth lanes clearly sign posted for "tall" vehicles. Anyone damaging the roof of their vehicle (whatever make & model) has simply used the wrong lane. Drive on D4 owners, you can happily and safely use Europes' toll motorways. And just imagine if this was not the case. Europe's industries and retailers would grind to a halt as raw materials and food were forced to use the slower and longer rural roads. Retail prices would increase on the premise of these higher transportation costs.

Finally regarding "continental multi-storey car parks" ceiling heights being D4 too low. This is too much of a generalization. I've seen many a D4 cosily parked in such buildings across the EU15.

Post #76914 26th Sep 2010 10:51 am
adrian_fl2

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tonga Green

All the car parks I've been to in Europe in recent years have had at least 1.9m and usually 2m headroom. The FL2 with roof bars is 1.83m. Freelander 2 TD4 HSE auto Tonga Green/Alpaca

Post #76917 26th Sep 2010 12:50 pm
Tandemman

Athelstan

1 If you have a abonnement and therefore wish to use the "t" booths you are restricted to 1.8m

2 try to avoid sounding pompous all the time it's very annoying

3 there is nothing erroneous about stating that barriers are set at 1.8m I did not say all barriers are set at 1.8 m , I think most people can work out that HGV's are a bit taller than that Thumbs Up

Post #76961 26th Sep 2010 9:30 pm
BenSki

France 

I'm sure the barriers on the French telepeages are higher than 1.8m because my Defender was nearly 2m tall and never had a problem passing under the telepeage barriers.

Post #76968 26th Sep 2010 10:41 pm
athelstan

Tandemman wrote:
Athelstan

1 If you have a abonnement and therefore wish to use the "t" booths you are restricted to 1.8m

2 try to avoid sounding pompous all the time it's very annoying

3 there is nothing erroneous about stating that barriers are set at 1.8m I did not say all barriers are set at 1.8 m , I think most people can work out that HGV's are a bit taller than that Thumbs Up

Tandemman
Item 1: You are wrong - - as other posters, francophiles and regular users of the Peage have and will confirm.
Item 2: Pomposity is all yours.
Item 3: I was clearly referring to all "tall" vehicles: large SUV's, white vans, mini busses etc - not just HGV's & Coaches.

Post #76983 27th Sep 2010 7:12 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1