Home > General > The Sound System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

Wing wrote:
stownrow wrote:

Hey how did you get voice dialling to work?

Cheers.

When I picked her up from the dealers I asked if voice activated dialling was possible and was told unfortunately no! My previous car BMW 320CD (E46) had a nokia car kit installed and voice activated dialling was via the car kit and my nokia phone, so my phone was already set up to allow voice activated dialling.

I looked around to see if there was any obvious microphone fitted to the FL2, there wasn't neither did the manual show one, but I noticed the green and red 'call/end call' switches alongside the steering wheel so I tried it "once connected via bluetooth" unfortunately without success, then I tried it again after pressing the phone button "on the right of the radio panel" so the car information display showed my phone 'named'. This time I held the green call switch toward me for about 6 seconds, after which I heard my phones tell tale warble to indicate it was waiting for me to speak a name from my directory and then it dialled the number for me, muting the radio just as my previous Beemer had done.
The green and red buttons work as suggested, but the voice acknowledgement "phone repeating the name I called" doesn't come over the car speakers like my previous car, instead it's repeated from the phones built in speaker, other than that it works just as my last car kit.

I still don't know where the microphone is that is picking up my voice commands. Maybe it is the phone itself, although I doubt it, as it was sensitive to background noise in the past", Also it will not work if I haven't pressed the phone button on the dash in the first place to show my phone in the information panel.

When I receive a call it's the phone that rings, but there is a setting in the cars menu to have the phone ringing as normal or to use one of the cars built in ring tones. If I select one of the cars ring tones I'd expect my voice confirmations to come over the speakers rather than the phones built in speaker, so I'll try that later.

Good luck

Wow it worked!!! The radio muted and then the blackberry voice came over the speakers "say a command" "call - Home" and it worked!! Even "check - Status" !!

Cheers!

Post #74711 26th Aug 2010 5:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12