Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Colour Coded Door Handles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Think the tungsten handles suit the FL2 best and they almost match the front wing grills. The mirrors however do look best colour coded to the paintwork, but would be impracticable for "rough" use. Just wish is was possible to get these in (non scratchable) tungsten Wink 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #60242 19th Feb 2010 12:05 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

AndyC wrote:
Think the tungsten handles suit the FL2 best and they almost match the front wing grills. The mirrors however do look best colour coded to the paintwork, but would be impracticable for "rough" use. Just wish is was possible to get these in (non scratchable) tungsten Wink

Agreed........on a Stornaway but black? I think not! 

Post #60246 19th Feb 2010 12:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I can't see why you couldn't get them, and they shouldn't cost anymore than a set of colour coded ones, it would be only like me needing a replacement set

Try a email to the Lookers Parts Manager to find a price, I have read they have posted parts abroad before Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #60247 19th Feb 2010 12:14 pm
christian138

npinks wrote:
I can't see why you couldn't get them, and they shouldn't cost anymore than a set of colour coded ones, it would be only like me needing a replacement set

Try a email to the Lookers Parts Manager to find a price, I have read they have posted parts abroad before

Or wait for a black HSE owner to 'upgrade' to black, I am sure that as more MY2010s are sold these will be up for grabs (xcuse the pun)? 

Post #60249 19th Feb 2010 12:18 pm
athelstan

npinks
Her Ladyship's "Felix" is a MY2010 Swiss very limited edition "Newport" model. You were only allowed to order body colours: Alaska White, Santorni Black, Stornoway Grey, Zermatt Silver, Biscay Blue and Rimini Red. These were restricted to the following leather interiors: Black, Black/Beige combo and Terracotta. They are all MY2010 and come only with black door handles. The option of colour coding was not available.

She decided that she wanted the Terracotta Leather but, she regarded the body colour choice as rather staid and common. Therefore she was very forthright with the dealer and told him that she would not order any FL2 model unless it was Terracotta combined with the new Ipanema Sand.

A couple of days later we received a call from LR Switzerland wishing to verify her position as they had had discussions with the dealer on this subject and her body colour was not in the Newport October build programme agreed with the factory. She was immovable.

So she has the only one of its kind. On the November day of collection from the dealer he said in the previous 4 days that he had had the vehicle on his premises he could have sold it 5 times as viewers liked the unique colour coordination so much - and he also told them that no more Newport's were available. I thought this was just sales bravado until we were approached in the showroom by a chap offering to buy her Newport Ipanema/Terracotta spec FL2.

Now she wants colour coded door handles as she's seen colour coded handles on a neighbour's new 2010 model X3 (that BMW is still not as exquisite or unique as my Felix despite the revisions - her words). So now I have to deliver.

Post #60250 19th Feb 2010 12:41 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

ok MY2010 UK models Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #60251 19th Feb 2010 12:45 pm
christian138

npinks wrote:
ok MY2010 UK models Laughing

ONLY HSE all others are BLACK !!!!!

except bizarrely the Sport LE which apparently don't have door handles (although I am guessing they are body coloured) 

Post #60252 19th Feb 2010 12:47 pm
athelstan

Update

Following Nick's (npinks) rightful suggestion that we should support site sponsors I contacted directly the two he mentioned - LPR & YLR. This was my experience:

One came back with their response within 1 working day, the other within 2 working days, and both offered accurate and excellent advice of the subject - a creditable performance on their part.

Both stated that Ipanema Sand was not available from LR, neither are many body colours - in fact only 4 (silver/white/red/grey) for MY2010 onwards. The previously available 9 colours (>MY2009) were still available in limited quantities, so get yours whilst stocks last!

Their prices for the body coloured ones that are available were almost identical including VAT barring a few pence, however they were both 14% higher than the price obtained by another forum member from an official LR dealer. Crying or Very sad

So much for site sponsors offering special discounts for members Exclamation

Amazingly however is the difference in P&P costs. The difference between the site sponsors was an amazing 300% Evil or Very Mad delivered to Derbyshire. Again the other LR dealer proved to be most cost effective on P&P saving 20% on the cheapest site sponsor Very Happy

Finally, if I went down the route of buying a set of new handles and then having them painted in Ipanema Sand and delivered to Derbyshire it would cost incredibly over UK£400 Big Cry

Post #60946 23rd Feb 2010 12:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12