Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Bluetooth Connectivity ????????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bill

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Bluetooth Connectivity ????????

Has anybody bought a GS recently ?

I picked one up today and was surprised to find no bluetooth connectivity as per LR website spec.

Have I been palmed off with a 2008 model ?

Bill Neutral

Post #42117 18th May 2009 7:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i was in a 09 GS TD4e the other day and that had the phone PTI

It would suggest the car you have bought is older than you suspected, i would have thought if it was a manual gearbox you would have the start/stop function too as i believe thats standard

How come you wasn't aware that it didn't have the PTI in it, (i.e. over phone ect) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42118 18th May 2009 7:41 pm
bill

npinks wrote:
i was in a 09 GS TD4e the other day and that had the phone PTI

It would suggest the car you have bought is older than you suspected, i would have thought if it was a manual gearbox you would have the start/stop function too as i believe thats standard

How come you wasn't aware that it didn't have the PTI in it, (i.e. over phone ect)

Mine one is an auto so no stop/start.

Bluetooth isn't a big issue with me now that I am retired I don't 'live' on my mobile like I used to and the GS had all the other main things I wanted. It was that I was just checking the current spec. on the LR website. I just wondered if, because of the credit crunch, it had been sitting around for months and months and was now out of spec.

If so it would have been nice to have been told as I assume it could affect resale value.

Bill

Post #42121 18th May 2009 8:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

you can get the manufacturing date via the VIN number

this thread might help

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1221.html?highlight=vin Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42122 18th May 2009 8:57 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Mines a 09 spec GS and there is no bluetooth,so i installed a parrot ck3100 and it works great. Very Happy Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #42124 18th May 2009 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
phil_wkl

Australia 

I think there's general confusion when people refer to 09, as it can be interpreted as 09 plate (UK specific) or 2009 model, which is usually cars sold the year previous. The GS 2010 spec probably is what is detailed on land rover site, which is any new cars ordered now. Phil

Post #42125 18th May 2009 10:56 pm
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Barton Freelander wrote:
Mines a 09 spec GS and there is no bluetooth,so i installed a parrot ck3100 and it works great. Very Happy

Did this integrate into the audio of the car, I heard it doesn't? Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #42141 19th May 2009 1:39 pm
bill

phil_wkl wrote:
I think there's general confusion when people refer to 09, as it can be interpreted as 09 plate (UK specific) or 2009 model, which is usually cars sold the year previous. The GS 2010 spec probably is what is detailed on land rover site, which is any new cars ordered now.

Phil

I had a long conversation with my dealer this morning and you are absolutely right ! The LR website is showing the 2010 spec. and I have a 2009 model. The 2010 spec. is only available, apparently, on a few 'stop/start' manual gearboxes but there are no auto models available yet. If there had of been my deal would have been £900 worse !!

Hence the good deals at the moment with the 2009 spec.

Bill

Post #42150 19th May 2009 6:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up happy days Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42153 19th May 2009 7:10 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Furyan wrote:
Barton Freelander wrote:
Mines a 09 spec GS and there is no bluetooth,so i installed a parrot ck3100 and it works great. Very Happy

Did this integrate into the audio of the car, I heard it doesn't?

Yes it does fully mutes the audio for a call and says call on radio display works a treat with my iphone. Smile Thumbs Up Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #42157 19th May 2009 8:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Clandeboye freelander

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Narvik Black
Bluetooth connectivity - audio integration

Furyan wrote:
Barton Freelander wrote:

Did this integrate into the audio of the car, I heard it doesn't?

Hi there,
I just ordered my GS this morning and sat with the salesman in the car for a while fiddling with my iphone and checking functionality with the car.
The phone functions with the bluetooth as expected, although it took about half a dozen attempts before the car and phone found each other and connected. The audio (ipod etc ) functions only appeared to work using the audio lead and aux socket on the centre console, and even then could only be controlled from the phone, not the radio or steering wheel, and does not provide a charging facility for the phone. I would appreciate any suggested solutions to that point, otherwise I'm pretty happy.
Hope this helps,
Ken Proper cars.
See me also at Clandeboye defender on Defender 2

Post #47355 9th Sep 2009 4:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1