Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Signature Xenons (Metropolis)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

de1979 wrote:
Or edit the CCF before you pick up...

that's a good idea Thumbs Up

1. find someone locally (ish) that can edit the CCF

2. pray I don't need to use the existing lights until I get the hopefully working xenons fitted

Laughing

Post #328735 8th Aug 2017 9:05 am
de1979

England 

Halogen lights will still work fine with the CCF edited for Xenons (which begs the question why the option is needed at all! Rolling Eyes )

Post #328740 8th Aug 2017 9:31 am
RogB

many thanks DE1979 - I hadn't though about pre coding them and good to know that the useless halogens will still work Thumbs Up

Post #328742 8th Aug 2017 9:35 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

de1979 wrote:
Halogen lights will still work fine with the CCF edited for Xenons (which begs the question why the option is needed at all! Rolling Eyes )

Xenon's require more voltage to fire up. You may find that a car fitted with halogen headlamps with xenons activated will blow more bulbs. My dynamic which I've owned from new kept blowing HB3 bulbs but that was due to the shutter in the headlamps. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #328754 8th Aug 2017 11:47 am
RogB

Ive got melted glass fragments 'soldered' into the plastic interior of one of my light units from the last HB3 explosion.

I just said Censored it and put the Hellfrauds +120% bulbs in as no matter what they seem to blow, so I may as see where im going before they do.

It was the same on my Ewok as well.

as so many on here report issues with the HB3 Halogens when fitted to LR/RR it definitely points towards an issue with the cars themselves rather than just the bulbs. But naturally LR just recommended fitting their dealer supplied bulbs only.

Post #328759 8th Aug 2017 12:21 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I don't think the cars electrical system is at fault tbh. The design of the housing causes the bulb to over heat and the single filament bulb does both dip and full beam. Therefore the bulbs always on when the lights are on. A metal cover partially covers the bulb and provides the dip and retracts proving the full beam. LR use Phillips HB3 and mine still popped. Not sure about the evoque method of providing dip/full beam.

Bulbs should really explode unless moisture is getting in.

Did you manage to get all the fragments out ok? MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #328760 8th Aug 2017 12:32 pm
RogB

no the fragments are melted solid into the plastic base all over. thankfully they don't intrude on anything so don't appear to cause any problems. I suppose I could sit there with a pointy knife and a long pair of tweezers Whistle

the Evoque halogen are exactly the same method, HB3 bulb with a shutter. The excuse I got from the supplying (lying, useless) LR dealer was that the bulbs were too long and only LR bulbs would work.... he had no answer when I said I wasn't aware that LR made bulbs !!

I tried Phillips, GE, Halfords standard, Halfords +% and god knows what else but they all blew at some point or other.

your right that it could be the design of the shutter rather than electrics causing the problem as if the shutter doesn't allow enough cooling ventilation around the bulb it could get hot enough to explode. Although the last time it happened in my current FL2 it blew as soon as the lights came on when it was still cold.

Post #328761 8th Aug 2017 1:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12