« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Would you consider something other that a Freelander
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 53 <123 ... 111213 ... 515253>
Print this entire topic · 
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

[quote="Lightwater"]Subaru 6 month servicing in the 21st century![/

Whoops duplicated 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Last edited by MartynB on 29th May 2016 8:40 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #299622 29th May 2016 8:22 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Lightwater wrote:
Subaru 6 month servicing in the 21st century!

Not in the UK, it's 12 months or 12,000 miles . Pretty much the same as it is here for the Freelander 2 .

Local service is generally determined by the market conditions in the particular part of the world real or imaginary ! You could also wonder why I could get19000 miles from my A4 before an oil service , yet the Freelander needs an annual service to keep it in warranty even if you do only 3000 miles a year. I think that was pretty much market forces, Fleet buyers want CBS, so that's what Audi, BMW, et al give them . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #299625 29th May 2016 8:39 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Spatch wrote:
frawdder wrote:
Well, I sat in the X3 just for comparison and it fitted like a glove. Thought it would be well out of my price range but apparently not. Did a deal for an M sport in Space Grey, only a few months old and with 2K on the clock. Very heavily discounted and full book price for my Freelander, it was a no brainer. Very Happy

Inital impressions after a week: Fit and finish is in another league. Noise levels noticeably quieter, which I wasn't expecting and the engine and gearbox are a big improvement. The onboard tech is good and the iDrive much better than LR touch screen. You sit in a command driving position but not as high as the Freelander, visibility is good though the rear window is smaller (reversing camera help there). The biggest surprise was the ride quality, especially as it has 19" and sport suspension without the variable damping. Doesn't soak up the larger potholes as well but does a much better job than I was expecting. Mrs Frawdder has not complained so it must be OK Surprised

I concur with everything you have said. Did you get the 20d or 30d?

I have been massively impressed with mine. The whole package just works so well and the driving experience is top drawer plus 10mpg improvement Shocked . I have to say that I cannot fault it.

Towed the caravan with mine the other week. Easily as good as the Freelander, tow hitch has more clearance so is easier to hitch up and the extra power of the 3L diesel is very welcome. Totally stable and smooth - very capable indeed.

Can we have an X3 section please for all of the deserting FL2 owners.... Whistle

Post #299785 31st May 2016 4:27 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Quote:
I used KT Green in Otley

But don't go on a Sunday as I did a few years back. Closed. Surprised FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #299787 31st May 2016 4:39 pm
Spatch

England 

shilen wrote:
Spatch wrote:
frawdder wrote:
Well, I sat in the X3 just for comparison and it fitted like a glove. Thought it would be well out of my price range but apparently not. Did a deal for an M sport in Space Grey, only a few months old and with 2K on the clock. Very heavily discounted and full book price for my Freelander, it was a no brainer. Very Happy

Inital impressions after a week: Fit and finish is in another league. Noise levels noticeably quieter, which I wasn't expecting and the engine and gearbox are a big improvement. The onboard tech is good and the iDrive much better than LR touch screen. You sit in a command driving position but not as high as the Freelander, visibility is good though the rear window is smaller (reversing camera help there). The biggest surprise was the ride quality, especially as it has 19" and sport suspension without the variable damping. Doesn't soak up the larger potholes as well but does a much better job than I was expecting. Mrs Frawdder has not complained so it must be OK Surprised

I concur with everything you have said. Did you get the 20d or 30d?

I have been massively impressed with mine. The whole package just works so well and the driving experience is top drawer plus 10mpg improvement Shocked . I have to say that I cannot fault it.

Towed the caravan with mine the other week. Easily as good as the Freelander, tow hitch has more clearance so is easier to hitch up and the extra power of the 3L diesel is very welcome. Totally stable and smooth - very capable indeed.

Can we have an X3 section please for all of the deserting FL2 owners.... Whistle

For all 3 of us, or are there more? BMW X3 30d M Sport - Current (problem free)
2014 SD4 Auto HSE Lux - Gone (too many problems)
2012 TD4 Manual XS - Gone (too many problems)

Post #299797 31st May 2016 7:24 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I bet there are more out there that have not had the courage to speak up...

Post #299843 1st Jun 2016 12:56 pm
Spatch

England 

Nothing to be ashamed of......

I think it would make an interesting pole to see which cars previous FL2 owners have migrated to. BMW X3 30d M Sport - Current (problem free)

Post #299865 1st Jun 2016 6:42 pm
taztastic

England 

The forum has changed a lot over the last few months, the current member demographic is different, many, most, of the original members have moved on, it would be interesting but many don't frequent these pages so any poll result wouldn't reflect what has happened.
Mine is due for change in April 2017, choices, choices ... but X3 ain't on the list Thumbs Up

Post #299866 1st Jun 2016 6:55 pm
Spatch

England 

Fair point.

X3 wasn't on my list until I had gone through two FL2, and test drove DSs, Tiguans, Touregs, CRVs, Kugas, XC90 & 60s. Thumbs Up BMW X3 30d M Sport - Current (problem free)

Post #299870 1st Jun 2016 8:09 pm
Yorky Bob

Quote:
The forum has changed a lot over the last few months, the current member demographic is different

Now that its a DS or Ewok as a future new purchase or just leave the LR family for those that are coming to the end of our brand new FL2 ownership I guess there will be two types of future members to this forum.
Those that are entering the market as lower second hand values allow them too and those currently like myself who purchased new hang on not being impressed with the Ewok or DS.

So being out of warranty this site is going to be invaluable to me and I would hope the ex owners pop in now and then and shove us in the right direction as we struggle along Bow down FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #299873 1st Jun 2016 8:42 pm
taztastic

England 

It's still all in here Thumbs Up

Search is your friend and many helpful members are still around

Post #299875 1st Jun 2016 8:57 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Yorky Bob wrote:
and those currently like myself who purchased new hang on

Same here, have kept previous cars for 17 or it's 25 years & 18 years for the second one. Next one will be a wheelchair! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #299882 1st Jun 2016 9:38 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

You boys are lucky no salt on the roads or an annual MOT required! MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #299888 1st Jun 2016 10:06 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

LR NUT wrote:
You boys are lucky no salt on the roads or an annual MOT required!

We just had to replace 500 sixty year old terracotta roof tiles facing the water. The ones on the other side of the roof were fine. Air conditioning cases all rust close to the water. It's only the last few years that I have had a garage.

What gets us here is bird sh-t, we cop it from above!

We have to get the car checked every year except for the first 3 years. Registration $496 for Freelander, registration inspection $36, compulsory insurance $560 & also comprehensive insurance $950 (lowest risk driver), road service $300 (highest).

We don't put rego stikers on the car any more as we live in a police state. They have number plate recognition hardware in their cars for continual surveillance. Even the local council drive around issuing parking tickets & check all the cars off the data base! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 1st Jun 2016 10:47 pm. Edited 7 times in total

Post #299891 1st Jun 2016 10:22 pm
Yorky Bob

Bird sh-t. Better than all the Bull Sh-t we get about in or out of the EU. Sad FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #299892 1st Jun 2016 10:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 53 <123 ... 111213 ... 515253>