Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Gen 2.1 IAM/Touchscreen/CCF MY15 FREELANDER 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 18 <123 ... 678 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

Cameron - just to clarify that when I asked for audio settings it was merely so that Pat could put them on the tested ccf on IID so that I could have access to these for my use and benefit me. As it turned out i was given access to the full untested CCF and figured them out for myself. I was merely asking for some assistance to save me time and head scratching, not trying to glean information to pass on For anyone's gain, and neither was I approached to try and obtain such information. Hope this clarifies the situation, after all I like you am only interested in modifying my car and seeing how far I can push it only difference is that I use IID as my tool 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #295905 9th Apr 2016 3:02 pm
alex_pescaru

Sorry, Cambo, but that last post was a little excessive... But this is just my opinion...

I too have invested a lot of time and money in my work on FL2, but also I've put all the gained info here and there in order for the people to use that info. And always, that was free of charge. In the end, what's the use of finding / discovering / developing something and then "take the info with you in the grave"?....

And as long as I don't sell a product based on that information, I don't mind at all that someone use it for making profit. And I don't expect anything in return from that someone. If some acknowledgements are made, the better, otherwise that's why I posted it in the first place, to be used.

But again, that's just my 2 cents...

In my case, I've always published my findings and I though like this:
1. If one knows how to use the info, the better, I helped someone.
2. If not, one may have the chance to pay for an implementation of that info, made by a third party, implementation that maybe was just possible because that info was made available in the first place.

Maybe I am a nostalgic, but there is a lot of truth on the words: "each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"...

PS: In the same time, I am also a beta tester for GAP.

Post #296123 11th Apr 2016 8:41 pm
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

As Beta testers for GAP, did you guys pay for the hardware? Get a big discount? It would be helpful to understand this.

Alex I see it from your side, and that's fine. I myself have benefited from your efforts as you know, I have your software in my instrument cluster. Let me say thank-you again for that, it's been very helpful.

Maybe I came across a bit harsh, but for me it's a matter of principle. And there is a lot of history behind why I feel this way.

I'm always happy to help out a Jag, Land Rover or Aston owner who needs help, over the years on other forums i've saved people tens of thousands of dollars/euros/pounds, helping them fix their cars, solve their problems.

One memorable case was guy in France had already paid a Jag dealer €1200 because of gearbox problems, they still didn't fix it, and they wanted another €4000 to replace the entire gearbox, we solved it with a reflash which I walked him through, I got nothing for it except a good feeling and a thank-you. And that was fine, I was happy to help someone in need.

As I said I've got no issue in helping out the owners of the cars.

It's a different story with companies that sell products or services. I got burnt badly recently by a tuning company in the US, in the beginning it was all very nice but after a couple of "events" it was obvious that all they wanted to do was use me and my contacts, get the know-how from us. So that is where I draw the line.

Alex if you want to share what you have learned and developed with GAP that's up to you. Maybe you get something in return, maybe you don't want anything in return. It's your prerogative. I know that you're not going to ask me "how do I do this?" you're going to figure it out for yourself, if you don't already know.

Jim said he already figured out the audio stuff for himself, that's great. As beta testers you can pass that back to GAP and you are improving their product for them. Which is the whole point of beta testers anyhow.

Most of this stuff is already known or not too hard to figure out so it's not like you need help on it. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #296128 11th Apr 2016 11:41 pm
PatGAPInnov
Site Sponsor

Canada 

Hi Cambo,

We do not want to step on anyone's toes and we certainly do not expect you to sell our products Very Happy

We know exactly where you are coming from. GAP Diagnostic started the same way you are describing your efforts: several Land Rover enthusiasts on different continents who got together to solve problems or add features to our cars. We had the good fortune to find the right mix of skills to allow us to do this professionally at some point. And I do not know what your perception of us is, but we are certainly not getting rich doing this and we are still not that terribly much different than your group size-wise.

We have prepared complete CCF editing for most newer Land Rovers including the FL2, though we have not released all functions as we want to make sure that all functions actually work and do not cause any problems for the users at the same time. As you know a bit about CCF editing, you will know too that you can potentially cause severe problems - even to the point of "bricking" a vehicle. So, to make sure that all CCF functions we release are reliable and safe, we do not release them until they are tested. And, since we do not have the resources to purchase each and every Land Rover with all possible options, we rely on our users to help us test the functions. Whenever someone asks for a function or setting, we implement it as quickly as possible - usually within a day or two - and release the feature with a special firmware and instructions to this particular user. When the function has been proven, it is released to all users. Of course, we do not ask our customers to do our R&D, we can easily figured which are the potential CCF parameters for a giving upgrade just by comparing CCF of the car to be upgraded with the one of a car that has the option fitted and even if it's a different model, CCF is almost cross platform. User simply try them and confirm if it's working or not. In many case, it's as simple as that, in other case when tried for the first time, it may not work because some hardware/software combination are not met. As an example, it was the case to the Paddle Shift on D4 because the transmission firmware didn't have the necessary coding activated to make it work, so in that case, we decided to investigate because that feature was requested by many users. In the end, we modified the transmission firmware to make it work and now users who want Paddle on D4 can have it. You may find the same with FL2.

Please understand, if anyone knows how much work is involved in providing CCF editing functions, it is us. We applaud you and your groups efforts. But we are not stealing anything for you - just as we do not consider you to be taking anything from us either. Followers of your tread may want to do the same upgrades, you can share informations on how to do it or not, this is up to you. These peoples may need a tool to make these upgrades possible and we think the IIDTool can be useful to realize most of them. Our intervention is just to correct you saying that none could be realized with an IIDTool when in fact it's the contrary.

We apologize if our communication did not reach you 6 months ago and you did not realize that, in order to have the features you wanted, you could have opted to invest less time by doing your CCF research with an IIDTool. Of Course you would still have needed SDD the way you use it for flashing different firmwares, this can't done with the IIDTool without our intervention.

Modern diagnostic systems can do so much that it is incredibly difficult to describe everything without writing a book, and making sure all potential customers have this info…

Thumbs Up

Kind Regards,
Patrick

Post #296195 13th Apr 2016 12:43 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
Digital TV Enabled

No picture currently as I don't have the Dvb-T module connected.
Would preview current station otherwise.

[/b] MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #296523 17th Apr 2016 8:55 am
Stuartc

Rear Seat Entertainment Enabled

Rear Media System activated with front infotainment screen control.
Rear Media control bottom left corner.

Front screen control to choose Independant or synchronised control, lock out or Limo Mode (rear passenger control).

Source selection.

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #296528 17th Apr 2016 9:11 am
philllip

Australia 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Amazing.
I saw a Jag TV module the other day - does that typically run the DAB Radio function too?

Post #296921 21st Apr 2016 6:45 am
Stuartc

No, DAB and TV modules are separate.
DAB module goes in the back cargo area and TV module is under the drivers seat.
Look for the studs on the floor under drivers seat, this is where the TV module chassis holder gets fixed👍

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #296924 21st Apr 2016 8:08 am
Stuartc

Very shortly something very exciting! Thumbs Up

MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #296925 21st Apr 2016 8:13 am
philllip

The suspense is killing me!! Bow down
I hope its as good as the DS system.

Was chatting to Cambo, absolutely gutted that the ECOData isn't avail on the Petrol models.

Post #296928 21st Apr 2016 9:24 am
Stuartc

It's the same, currently more information than a DS more like RRS, minus wade sensing and "e" dif Whistle
I must say I'm enjoying driving around looking at my 4x4i screen, but don't tell anyone Phillip as they"ll be a cry of morality.
Will reveal soon.
Yes, there's no field for Si4 unfortunately Big Cry MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #296930 21st Apr 2016 10:07 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Stuartc wrote:
... there's no field for Si4 unfortunately Big Cry

Si4 owners don't need anything else with 0-100/8 sec! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #296931 21st Apr 2016 10:18 am
Stuartc

That's how long inbetween petrol station fill ups eh!!!! Rolling with laughter MY15
Surround Camera System
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Factory Powered Tailgate

Post #296932 21st Apr 2016 10:21 am
philllip

Yup.. 70L gets me 480K's when I'm gentle. Sydney City, its more like 380K's...

Post #296933 21st Apr 2016 10:25 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Sydney northern beaches mostly:

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #296935 21st Apr 2016 10:39 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 18 <123 ... 678 ... 161718>