Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Would you consider something other that a Freelander
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 53 <123 ... 789 ... 515253>
Print this entire topic · 
hbrotherus

Finland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The only car I could think to replace my Freelander with would probably be the F-Pace. Imho it's the only one that looks quite nice and stands out a bit from the competition.

Post #292504 4th Mar 2016 12:50 pm
mostyn128

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

A Tesla Model X looks and sounds fab ...

Guilt free motoring since it's leccy too ...

Post #292520 4th Mar 2016 4:24 pm
hbrotherus

Finland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My only problem with the Model X is that you still have normal front doors, imho they sort of delete the whole advantage of the falcon door because even if you got all the stuff to the rear seat in a narrow place, you still need normal width spot to get to the drivers seat.....Otherwise it's a fantastic car.

Post #292526 4th Mar 2016 4:43 pm
mostyn128

I must admit I never understood the normal door + falcon door thing either.

Falcon doors must ding other cars like a bu&&£r ...

Other than that I bet it drives like a dream ... until you need to charge it ...

Post #292543 4th Mar 2016 5:52 pm
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

dunkley201 wrote:
TBH, I think you will be lucky to get £8,500. It is too close to 100k, summer is coming so 4x4s are less in demand.

2 years ago in March/April I sold my 103k 08 plate SE for £8,500 to a cash buyer through Auto Trader. The buyer was the only responder to the ad & he took 3 weeks to follow up from the first enquiry. Whistle We RV'd in Stoke as he lived in Merseyside. Shocked Cash hand over in a pub car park! I think I was lucky.

Bob

How right you are proving.

I advertised it on ebay with a reserve of £9.250 and got a top bid of £7,100. Week wasted there. Have it on Autotrader now at £9,250 ovno. Not a whisper. Also on here (hint hint lol) and Gumtree.

Most dealers either not interested or offering sub webuyanycar prices. One did offer £9k p/x but I ummed and rrrr'd about it and then when I rang back it had been sold. Interestingly it is still being advertised so I chased it up yesterday to be told they thought it was still on the forecourt and someone would ring me back. I'm still waiting

Oh well patience is a virtue I suppose.

Post #293258 10th Mar 2016 9:01 pm
heyho

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Well it's gone (or will have on Wednesday). Am I sad, well yes, it's been the best car I have had in over 30 years of owning my own car

So what did I get - please go easy on me!. A 2014 Ford Kuga Titanium x 163 4WD. A bit high mileage at 58k but it was under £15k and the p/x was ok (if not brilliant)

When I test drove it today I thought of the inside - well this is what the FL should be like. Yes gimmicky and loads of gadgets. But, hey that's what I like

We shall see. I will give a progress report!

Post #293554 13th Mar 2016 9:29 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Good luck with your new car mate. Always liked the Kuga (and the servicing will be half the price😀) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #293556 13th Mar 2016 9:49 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Must admit I am very tempted to place an order for a Landmark disco Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #293561 13th Mar 2016 10:30 pm
j77

Scotland 

You know you want to. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #293568 13th Mar 2016 11:32 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Calcul@tor wrote:
If Land Rover had enough faith in their own product to put a 5 year warranty on it - I wouldn't look elsewhere. But every LR mechanic I talk to can tell you tales of where a few extra pence spent on the original build would have saved hundreds, if not thousands of pounds a few years later. Even the bolts they use are renowned for having poor quality plating, so seizing and causing major issues to remove them. If they've improved things, great, they should shout about it, but they don't and it's not the story I'm hearing.

Long warranties have little to do with a manufacturer's faith in their product and more to do with how much they wish to set aside for warranty claims; if you build your cars in low wage countries and sell them at near premium prices then they'll be plenty of margin to set aside! Spending money on long warranties, rather than just cutting prices, gives them cash up front (an interest free loan, if you like) and provides the impression (founded, or otherwise) of quality.

Show me a manufacturer that doesn't try and build their cars to a strict budget, yet still remains in business!

The quality of the four Land Rovers that I've had over the last 150,000 miles has been at least as good as any of the other major manufacturer that I've bought from. Much better than many...

Post #293652 14th Mar 2016 9:47 pm
mostyn128

Landies also built with durability in mind.

LR durability standards and tests are at a much higher standard than some other non-4x4 manufacturers offering 4x4 like vehicles (basically cars which have lower durability and test standards).

There's a big difference between LR and many other brands in this respect. I gues it depends what we do with them !

Reliability .... well that's another subject .... :joy:

Post #293732 15th Mar 2016 3:11 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Tigger wrote:
The quality of the four Land Rovers that I've had over the last 150,000 miles has been at least as good as any of the other major manufacturer that I've bought from. Much better than many...

I'm on my 4th Disco, all bought new and generally kept for about 4 or 5 years at just over 20K pa. Sadly my last D3 and current D4 (late 2011, just after the rotary shift came in) have had no end of problems and cost loads to keep running well.

My indie is an ex LR head mechanic and a LR master mechanic (think that's correct). He's one of the people telling me that the odd Audi etc that he works on are generally a pleasure, compared to many of the LR products that he deals with all day every day.

My wife's FL2 is admittedly getting on a bit - 2007 - but we've had that since it was a couple of years old and had no end of trouble - look at my posting history if you want a taste!!

Post #293972 17th Mar 2016 8:47 pm
bbrap

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

heyho wrote:
Well it's gone (or will have on Wednesday). Am I sad, well yes, it's been the best car I have had in over 30 years of owning my own car

So what did I get - please go easy on me!. A 2014 Ford Kuga Titanium x 163 4WD. A bit high mileage at 58k but it was under £15k and the p/x was ok (if not brilliant)

When I test drove it today I thought of the inside - well this is what the FL should be like. Yes gimmicky and loads of gadgets. But, hey that's what I like

We shall see. I will give a progress report!

I hope you have more luck with it than my neighbour. He bought his Kuga new the same week I got my Metropolis. His has been back 6 times (3 for flat battery (initially just recharged and said terminals might be a bit loose, turns out it was a bluetooth module not shutting down properly, required software upgrade, never seen that before, blah blah blah) needing to call Ford recovery each time (who send the AA)), once to get a wheel replaced which lost pressure over a week (after replacing the tyre 1st). once for soaking wet footwell in the rain, blocked drain somewhere. And once for something to be done about the auto box, it would randomly drop a gear or two and rev the nuts off just going along steadily, not sure what they did to fix that but it was in for a few days and the courtesy car was a tiny Mazda. In the same period my FL2 has had a service. Maybe he was unlucky but I took him to a hospital appointment when his last no start episode happened, he had been speaking to a relative who works for Ford who said the bluetooth problem is not confined to just the Kugas. Maybe its a sign of the times that as cars get more electronics the slightest thing can stop them dead. The system sees a slightly low voltage and decides it will not even try to start (computer says no). FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #294063 18th Mar 2016 9:16 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
F-Pace

Just had a look around the Jaguar F-Pace; seemed more visually pleasing than the Disco Sport outside and inside. Interesting to see how well it drives and what fuel economy is actually achievable, once they start producing production models. Performance looks good too.

Only one vehicle on show; S-model with tons of gizmos, so a cool £70k! Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #294077 19th Mar 2016 1:05 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

bbrap wrote:
Maybe its a sign of the times that as cars get more electronics the slightest thing can stop them dead. The system sees a slightly low voltage and decides it will not even try to start (computer says no).

Just needs a heart starter!
Click image to enlarge

Anderson connecters 175, 120 & 50 amps. 2 x 18 AH sealed lead acid batteries, 540 amps for 5 second max load, or 150 amps continuous for 5 minutes.

238 amps to start the Si4 Freelander.
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #294079 19th Mar 2016 4:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 53 <123 ... 789 ... 515253>