« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > SatNav problem - Route in search condition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pythagoras2000

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Buckingham Blue
SatNav problem - Route in search condition

My satnav has been working perfectly. All of a sudden it starts to send me all over the place! Destination entry is fine - I tend to use postcodes most of the time. It finds the place and picks a route. Here is the first change, the route is shown as light blue when hitherto it has been green. Also, and this is the big difference, there is no longer a 3-route button at the bottom but instead there is the message "Route in search condition" in a yellow box across the top of the screen. Why? and how do I get rid of it, please?
Also, if I start driving towards my destination it will come up with a route shown in green which it continually tries to get me to follow. Beforehand, if I chose not to follow the designated route it would reach a time when it would re-calculate from my current position. Now it doesn't do that; even as I get closer to my destination it is still wanting to send me round the houses to rejoin this green route somewhere away back.
I've cleaned the dvd and done the calibration and looked at the route options, such as they are, to no effect.

Can anyone help, please?

Post #280449 5th Nov 2015 5:06 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Bit off topic but an AA guy told me that they sometimes get calls from people whose electrics are dead on their car and as they have been following satnav have no idea where they are. It makes finding them a challenge, usual advice is go and buy a map or ask somebody and then give us a call back! 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #280465 5th Nov 2015 7:54 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

There was a period with my 2010 FL2 which had the sat nav system, if I put in a route to somewhere and didnt complete that route, ie I decided part way to forget what Id put in and just turn it off.
The next time I came to use it and put in a new address it would take the new address, then once underway it would try and recalculate and send me on the route Id used previously to the last address but didnt complete ?
I found I had to go in and delete that previous destination from the memory, it didnt cancel itself for some reason, after that all was ok again.
Its almost as if Plain Jane as shes called has the ump because you ignored her last time Laughing

Post #280468 5th Nov 2015 8:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1