Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > It's two hours old! Awww!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just out of interest, what guarentee do you get with aftermarket leather and how long for?

When buying my new leather suite for my house I had a choice of leather in quality and colour, and my mother in laws leather sofa colour came off when cleaning a spillage from it Rolling Eyes

I know the LR leather is expensive, but you would get 3 years cover on it and the plastic must be there for a reason (apart from cost cutting) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25671 15th Aug 2008 10:56 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

christian138 wrote:
Quote:
To name one BMW (at extra cost) but at least you get the alternative to choose

Andy - just been trawling posts why DID you buy the FL2 ? It seems BMW is your perfect car .....[/code]

........That’s very easy to answer that question Christian having owned a BMW 3-series for over 8-years and now needing a 4x4 drive with more ground clearence, the natural choice for me should have been the X3.

However I have had some bad BMW service experience from the last period of BMW ownership + the X3 is an expensive and pretty dated vehicle, so I looked around at other 4x4’s and smaller SUV’s and thought I had found just what I needed (Censored choice) until I walked into a local Land Rover dealer Shocked Shocked .

Apart from a few moans (I always moan) the FL2 is far the best drive I have every owned in every way Thumbs Up . I have had absolutely no issues with reliability, it is economical and driving up to my holiday home high in the Norwegian mountains is a doddle in winter as in summer Thumbs Up . For me it is the best 4x4 on the market and beats the Censored out of all similar sized 4x4’s, SUV’s or/and Crossovers Thumbs Up . But it is does lack a few refinements that the competition does have Whistle and unfortunately I tend to moan a bit about these (sorry you guys) Rolling Eyes . If only Land Rover had studied the main competition segment before they went their own way with the FL2 design features (like operating the sunroof without having the ignition on or key fob in place) Whistle , it would be perfect in every way Thumbs Up .

I could list up several more dubious features that I feel need refinement, but this has all been said (or moaned about) before, and until I need a replacement drive in 2-3 years time, I am sure I will continue to enjoy the best car I have ever owned Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up . 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25673 15th Aug 2008 11:17 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Andy,
i too looked at the X3 and was especially impressed with the m sport seats (best i have ever sat in!) but the main thing that put me off was the foot rest next to the clutch which i kept hitting when changing gear..game over !

Ultimately though in any car there will be features that another manufacter have done slightly better patents get in the way, presumably, of copying too much. Like any relationship we have to make do with the faults to appreciate the virtues (although my missus is still trying to find mine!)  

Post #25676 15th Aug 2008 12:18 pm
r12ure

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

I like that colour, but I love the seats. Takes me back to the days I had the MG ZT with leather and alcantara seats.

Only thing is, I was always getting onto the kids to keep their feet off the alcantara.

Enjoy...... it looks great

Post #25861 19th Aug 2008 12:26 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

npinks wrote:
Just out of interest, what guarentee do you get with aftermarket leather and how long for?

When buying my new leather suite for my house I had a choice of leather in quality and colour, and my mother in laws leather sofa colour came off when cleaning a spillage from it Rolling Eyes

I know the LR leather is expensive, but you would get 3 years cover on it and the plastic must be there for a reason (apart from cost cutting)

3 years/60,000 miles

Post #25987 22nd Aug 2008 7:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tandemman wrote:

3 years/60,000 miles

Not losing anything then compared to LR then Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25988 22nd Aug 2008 8:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123